Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 10:59 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,082,472 times

Advertisements

I'm a mildly bisexual woman because that's how I'm wired, but I *choose* to not act on it and live it because I'm happily married to a man. I still check other women out sometimes though, more than my husband does lol.

I was also talking to a few gay friends about the "choosing to be gay" myth. They all told me that if they could, they'd have been born straight, because life is so much easier for straight people.

So, people don't choose to BE gay, but they can choose to LIVE authentically and live gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 11:04 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,454,733 times
Not allowing a man to mourn his own father at a funeral?

Man, eff that church. Seriously. There’s no love in a place like that.

My stepson was noticeably gay by the age of 5. It was humorous and painful but oh-so-clear. He didn’t choose a lifestyle at the age of five. He was simply born as gay as Liberace.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:24 AM

6,387 posts, read 4,081,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Here's a crazy idea, why can't it be BOTH, choice and being born that way, why must people (the super religious and the gay community) say it has to be one or the other?
Here is an even crazier idea. It doesn't matter. Even if it is purely a choice, do you really want the christian crazies legislating what you can and can't do in the bedroom?

Old 08-01-2019, 11:34 AM

15,622 posts, read 6,341,292 times
This is both sad and cruel. It's the guy's father, for goodness sake. But it's a Baptist church and they have their doctrine to prioritize.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:43 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,157,863 times
Another person who doesn't believe in science. Why am I not surprised?

There have been people who are gay since the beginning of time. It has also been seen in nature in the animal kingdom.

And at this point, who the hell even cares besides Pence who thinks he can convert them?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...homosexuality/

Old 08-01-2019, 11:49 AM

858 posts, read 419,567 times
It's amazing the OP read that article and this was his takeaway.

No wonder he's made himself scarce.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:49 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,157,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’m still trying to figure out why the church gives a damn about who attends a funeral.
It is a christian church. No mercy, no forgiveness. Just like Jesus preached.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:09 PM

1,664 posts, read 864,967 times
While I'm not an expert on the subject, it stands to reason that if they were able to choose, men in middle eastern countries would pick the lifestyle that did not end by being thrown off the roof of a tall building.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,824,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm convinced that the only reason some churches shun gay people is because gay people are unlikely to pump out loads of babies. More babies = more future tithers = $$$
Have to say -- I don't think so.

Churches have their values and live by them.

My husband and I are were living together in our early 20's. Time to get married we could not find a Catholic priest to do it because we were 'living in sin'.

They didn't seem to care that we were going to have babies one day.

Many people -- religious and not, think being gay is disgusting, not natural. Plain and simple.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:30 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,090,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So. Then he’s exercising his choice.

What do you want us to do? Be outraged?

If a church won’t allow a funeral there because the dead guy’s son is gay, that just reaffirms my belief in what a fraud the Christian Church is.
I'm still waiting for a gay couple to try and get a same sex marriage ceremony in a Muslim Mosque. Or, like in this case, an openly gay try to have their relative's service in a Muslim Mosque. I got a pretty good idea what the answer and outcome of the request would be, but would like to see if the media blows it up to front page news for years like they did the cake bakery story. I'm betting we'd hear absolutely nothing about the Muslims saying, not No butt F...K! NO!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies