U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM
 
19,491 posts, read 17,573,139 times
Reputation: 10663

Advertisements

I would have thought they had to go because the money wasn't coming in and that was what drives both parties but the dems especially.
But if they got the axe to make a racial statement, LOL. Serves the cretins right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM
 
1,000 posts, read 217,860 times
Reputation: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I keep saying that identity politics is going to hand 2020 to Trump. It's a big reason why I consider myself to be an EX-Democrat.
Do the Dems even realize that Whites are over 70% of the population of the US ?
They are committing political suicide by alienating Whites.

And this is in the name of "diversity" ? Does their version of diversity exclude White people ?

That's not diversity; that's discrimination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM
 
11,446 posts, read 2,839,845 times
Reputation: 5265
Let the inexperienced Demwits take over. That will be the nail in the coffin of the DNC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,696 posts, read 14,070,578 times
Reputation: 13536
Crap like this is why Trump won, and will win again in 2020. Nice work dims! You all deserve to be on the payroll with all the hard work you've put in for Trump!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,439 posts, read 11,614,011 times
Reputation: 4350
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I'd say that your argument against it makes no sense, except that you made no argument.
Correct, I simply said yours didnt make sense. Not sure what your point is here, maybe I should have said ,

" please explain your argument"

Quote:
BTW I forget to mention that according to Krashauer, the woman who had posted the tweets was not fired. At first they claimed she was reassigned, but it turned out to be untrue.
Oh, I agree she should have been fired. You get no argument from me there. The flaw here is assuming that has to do with Democrats wanting diversity with in the DCCC. The OP and his source are weirdly trying to conflate 2 separate issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,439 posts, read 11,614,011 times
Reputation: 4350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Do the Dems even realize that Whites are over 70% of the population of the US ?
They are committing political suicide by alienating Whites.

And this is in the name of "diversity" ? Does their version of diversity exclude White people ?

That's not diversity; that's discrimination.
What is alienating about saying you should hire people of color too ?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:52 AM
 
9,578 posts, read 4,899,957 times
Reputation: 3898
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What is alienating about saying you should hire people of color too ?????
The DCCC fired 6 people for the sole reason of replacing them with poc. That's not the same as hiring poc in the first place. Though I'm pretty sure the fired people will move to other positions in the party and won't end up homeless, don't you find anything a teensy bit off-putting about firing those white staffers in the name if diversity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:20 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,439 posts, read 11,614,011 times
Reputation: 4350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The DCCC fired 6 people for the sole reason of replacing them with poc. That's not the same as hiring poc in the first place. Though I'm pretty sure the fired people will move to other positions in the party and won't end up homeless, don't you find anything a teensy bit off-putting about firing those white staffers in the name if diversity.
Yes, i have a problem with it but, at the same time, I know the DCCC had diversity rules before this and Chairman Bustos and Director Jaslow neglected to follow them in the hiring process in the first place.

And lets be clear, this isnt really a "Best person for the job" type situation, Most of these staffers already work for congressmen, and were trained in these positions back in November. These are pretty much volunteer positions. With the exception of the few outside positions like the Executive Director position itself or if enough staffers are not recruited, they are hired from the outside(which was part of the problem).

This is a more complicated issue than the OP and others try to claim. If you disagree with the diversity part, ok, that a difference in ideology, but it still existed even if it was only a suggestion and it means the 2 people mentioned above set those people up to fail. No different than any other job where you hire someone you technically never had the authority to hire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:39 AM
 
1,000 posts, read 217,860 times
Reputation: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Yes, i have a problem with it but, at the same time, I know the DCCC had diversity rules before this and Chairman Bustos and Director Jaslow neglected to follow them in the hiring process in the first place.

And lets be clear, this isnt really a "Best person for the job" type situation, Most of these staffers already work for congressmen, and were trained in these positions back in November. These are pretty much volunteer positions. With the exception of the few outside positions like the Executive Director position itself or if enough staffers are not recruited, they are hired from the outside(which was part of the problem).

This is a more complicated issue than the OP and others try to claim. If you disagree with the diversity part, ok, that a difference in ideology, but it still existed even if it was only a suggestion and it means the 2 people mentioned above set those people up to fail. No different than any other job where you hire someone you technically never had the authority to hire.
No, it's "The best skin color for the job"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top