U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-02-2019, 06:00 AM
 
4,290 posts, read 882,205 times
Reputation: 3214

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Dont be silly, you break multiple laws everyday, you just haven't been caught yet or the govt cops are too busy going after the low hanging fruit to bother with you
I've broken no laws, and certainly not multiple ones a day. Don't be ridiculous. Today I will drive to the mall, obeying stop signs and speed limits, and pay for what I buy. Then I will go to the bank to transact some business, all legal. Then I am meeting a friend at the movies this evening, and will pay for my seat. Afterwards, I will drive home, again obeying all laws.

The problem I see is that holier-than-thou people are deciding for themselves which laws are good, and the ones they don't like, they decide to break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-02-2019, 06:02 AM
 
4,290 posts, read 882,205 times
Reputation: 3214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
Would you harbor Jews during the Holocaust or turn them in?
Oye. Another liberal comparing our country to Nazi Germany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2019, 06:07 AM
 
30,978 posts, read 16,975,899 times
Reputation: 14334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I've broken no laws, and certainly not multiple ones a day. Don't be ridiculous. Today I will drive to the mall, obeying stop signs and speed limits, and pay for what I buy. Then I will go to the bank to transact some business, all legal. Then I am meeting a friend at the movies this evening, and will pay for my seat. Afterwards, I will drive home, again obeying all laws.

The problem I see is that holier-than-thou people are deciding for themselves which laws are good, and the ones they don't like, they decide to break.
Well you have. We live in an age where there are so many laws the govt employees tasked with enforcing them dont know but what a small percentage of them even are.
And by your own "law abiding" claim, would have turned in a runaway slave "because its the law" so shame on you, and thank god for those who are brave enough to practice civil disobedience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2019, 06:07 AM
 
159 posts, read 33,987 times
Reputation: 71
In order for thr justice system to work
You better have income to find lawyer on your behalf, have money for bail, and have money to prolong cases like former NBA player Jason Williams who shot his white driver with a shotgun killing him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2019, 06:13 AM
 
4,290 posts, read 882,205 times
Reputation: 3214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well you have. We live in an age where there are so many laws the govt employees tasked with enforcing them dont know but what a small percentage of them even are.
And by your own "law abiding" claim, would have turned in a runaway slave "because its the law" so shame on you, and thank god for those who are brave enough to practice civil disobedience.
Another asinine comparison. Someone escaping slavery 200 years ago is the same as a defiant kid smoking pot on the subway.

And shame on you for condemning people who don't agree with your crazy political take on things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2019, 06:15 AM
 
4,290 posts, read 882,205 times
Reputation: 3214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well you have. We live in an age where there are so many laws the govt employees tasked with enforcing them dont know but what a small percentage of them even are.
And by your own "law abiding" claim, would have turned in a runaway slave "because its the law" so shame on you, and thank god for those who are brave enough to practice civil disobedience.
And P.S. Name a law you think I've broken today,

I really wish libertarians would get off their high horse. You make all sorts of claims against people don't even know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2019, 06:20 AM
 
Location: Posting from my space yacht.
8,463 posts, read 3,370,827 times
Reputation: 15217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I've broken no laws, and certainly not multiple ones a day. Don't be ridiculous. Today I will drive to the mall, obeying stop signs and speed limits, and pay for what I buy. Then I will go to the bank to transact some business, all legal. Then I am meeting a friend at the movies this evening, and will pay for my seat. Afterwards, I will drive home, again obeying all laws.

The problem I see is that holier-than-thou people are deciding for themselves which laws are good, and the ones they don't like, they decide to break.
What are you driving? I want to make sure not to get behind you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2019, 06:20 AM
 
30,978 posts, read 16,975,899 times
Reputation: 14334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Another asinine comparison. Someone escaping slavery 200 years ago is the same as a defiant kid smoking pot on the subway.

And shame on you for condemning people who don't agree with your crazy political take on things.
I applied your own logic and your own words, dont get mad at me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2019, 06:24 AM
 
4,290 posts, read 882,205 times
Reputation: 3214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
What are you driving? I want to make sure not to get behind you.
I'm not sure what I'll be driving. Depends on what car I decide to steal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2019, 06:37 AM
Status: "Team Red = Team Blue" (set 20 days ago)
 
Location: SM
26,493 posts, read 10,234,277 times
Reputation: 10157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Oye. Another liberal comparing our country to Nazi Germany.
No.

You got wrecked by that poster.

Germany was a democratic State. Just like the U.S.

Answer the question. Would you wear the Star Rachel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:02 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top