U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 01:42 PM

22,015 posts, read 10,585,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Holding people accountable for their actions is the only thing a democrat hates more than going to work.
With black males getting harsher sentences than white males, I'm guessing you're saying that white males should be held accountable for their crimes.

I agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 01:48 PM

12,110 posts, read 17,698,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What a simplistic view of reality which means you have zero credibility on the subject.

95% of criminal cases never go to trial because if people don't agree to a plea deal prosecutors will throw every charge at them and ask for maximum sentencing. So even innocent people plead guilty out of fear of what will happen if they don't.

Many have spent years in prison and they haven't even gone to trial because they couldn't come up with bail and are waiting for a hearing.

Black males incarcerated for piddly marijuana charges when pot has been legalized in more and more states, is insane. Get them out and start incarcerating pedophiles and people who hire illegals.

White males get off much lighter than black males who get harsher sentencing.

'Never break the law' is the viewpoint of someone who has zero knowledge of how things really are in our criminal justice system. Not everyone in prison actually broke the law, and when there are white males committing the same crimes who had no prison sentence, it's an unjust system.

Not that I would expect you to care about justice.
No, it is the viewpoint of someone who refrains from breaking the law and thus does not have to worry if the system is biased or not.

Once again, if the system is so stacked against you, don't enter it. It is indeed simplistic because sometimes life is just that simple.

I am amazed by guys like you who view blacks as mentally-impaired boobs beset by an uncontrollable fatalism that will lead them to prison. A prime example of racist thinking. Unless you are black which in case means you have one helluva problem with self-hatred.

Zero knowlege. LOL! If you only knew.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:53 PM

22,015 posts, read 10,585,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
No, it is the viewpoint of someone who refrains from breaking the law and thus does not have to worry if the system is biased or not.

Once again, if the system is so stacked against you, don't enter it. It is indeed simplistic because sometimes life is just that simple.

I am amazed by guys like you who view blacks as mentally-impaired boobs beset by an uncontrollable fatalism that will lead them to prison. A prime example of racist thinking. Unless you are black which in case means you have one helluva problem with self-hatred.

How many times do I have to repeat the fact that not everyone in prison has even been found guilty of anything?

I get it - all blacks are criminals and deserve what they get in your limited, biased opinion.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:55 PM

15,694 posts, read 8,117,345 times
Quote:

I doubt the bold is correct. You've never exceeded a speed limit, never smoked a joint of the evil reefers, never drank when you were a teenager, never jay-walked, never rode a bike on a sidwalk in certain municipalities as an adult, never littered, never parked in a spot that you weren't supposed to...etc.

If you've done any of the above you broke the law. If you were black some of those could have gotten you arrested on that charge and any other the LEO wanted to tack on. I was literally arrested for yelling for an officer not to shoot my husband who was about to catch a bus. I was charged with "disorderly conduct" for the yelling out and because I had my son who was 4 and a dog who was a pit mix, the officer felt my dog was a danger to our child (the dog was 6 years old and my son loved that dog) he charged me with a felony level child endangerment. Because both were unsubstantiated once we got to court (and I had to pay $2500 to a lawyer to "work" on this case for me) both charges were dismissed. However, I was jailed for 3 days, they took my dog and killed her, and they impounded my vehicle. They also took my husband to jail and it traumatized our son. They also threatened to put my son in foster care - the whole thing was very traumatic for our entire family. My husband is very what I call "race man" and race focused, I think it is because he is black and from Chicago and he basically went on a war path after that and sued the PD which is how we got a settlement. But I still ended up also having to pay to get those charges expunged from my record twice since the first time they didn't come off and they "lost" the record of the initial expungement so I ended up paying another $500 to expunge those charges. They could still negatively impact me if I apply for certain jobs as just being charged with a felony related to child abuse is grounds for not considering a person for employment. I could never, for instance be a teacher with DODEA because a cop decided to charge me with something I didn't do.

ETA: IMO the poster you are responding to just isn't blind to reality. It seems you are kind of blind to the reality of the world. In my own case, the only way I could have kept us out of it was to not go anywhere. I was dropping my husband off at a bus stop so he could go to work. I guess if he was content to be unemployed and we decided to just live off the government dole and never leave our houses cause people may arrest us willy nilly and imprison us, then that would be better in your view lol.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:59 PM

26,402 posts, read 10,195,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
How does it go? The state is a crime ring with good public relations masquerading as a charitable organization.
The shiny badges, ornate buildings downtown, and stamped papers go a long way in making thuggery seem prim and proper.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I doubt the bold is correct. You've never exceeded a speed limit, never smoked a joint of the evil reefers, never drank when you were a teenager, never jay-walked, never rode a bike on a sidwalk in certain municipalities as an adult, never littered, never parked in a spot that you weren't supposed to...etc.

If you've done any of the above you broke the law. If you were black some of those could have gotten you arrested on that charge and any other the LEO wanted to tack on. I was literally arrested for yelling for an officer not to shoot my husband who was about to catch a bus. I was charged with "disorderly conduct" for the yelling out and because I had my son who was 4 and a dog who was a pit mix, the officer felt my dog was a danger to our child (the dog was 6 years old and my son loved that dog) he charged me with a felony level child endangerment. Because both were unsubstantiated once we got to court (and I had to pay $2500 to a lawyer to "work" on this case for me) both charges were dismissed. However, I was jailed for 3 days, they took my dog and killed her, and they impounded my vehicle. They also took my husband to jail and it traumatized our son. They also threatened to put my son in foster care - the whole thing was very traumatic for our entire family. My husband is very what I call "race man" and race focused, I think it is because he is black and from Chicago and he basically went on a war path after that and sued the PD which is how we got a settlement. But I still ended up also having to pay to get those charges expunged from my record twice since the first time they didn't come off and they "lost" the record of the initial expungement so I ended up paying another $500 to expunge those charges. They could still negatively impact me if I apply for certain jobs as just being charged with a felony related to child abuse is grounds for not considering a person for employment. I could never, for instance be a teacher with DODEA because a cop decided to charge me with something I didn't do.
Guilty as charged. Those do not land anybody, black or white, in Attica or San Quentin.

Black people commit more violent crimes than whites. A sad fact that folks like you cannot come to terms with. More crimes means more in prison.

As of today, my beloved hometown of DC has seen 98 murders. Not one involved a white person, perp or victim.

Not one.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
How many times do I have to repeat the fact that not everyone in prison has even been found guilty of anything?

I get it - all blacks are criminals and deserve what they get in your limited, biased opinion.
Well a helluva more if you want to convince me that our penal institutions are glorified boarding houses rather than detention centers.

MPowering1!!!! You get sentenced to prison when you are found guilty of something. You do know that don't you?

All blacks are criminals? You are the one who said refraining from crime is NOT an option.

Gotcha.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:13 PM

5,794 posts, read 1,165,078 times
Quote:
With black males getting harsher sentences than white males, I'm guessing you're saying that white males should be held accountable for their crimes.

I agree!
[Race and gender/sex] should only be held accountable for their crimes when we have evidence (whatever it is) that backs up those claims!

Old 08-01-2019, 02:16 PM

26,402 posts, read 10,195,652 times
Quote:
Well a helluva more if you want to convince me that our penal institutions are glorified boarding houses rather than detention centers.

MPowering1!!!! You get sentenced to prison when you are found guilty of something. You do know that don't you?

All blacks are criminals? You are the one who said refraining from crime is NOT an option.

Gotcha.
If you don't think you've committed at least 3 felonies and at least twice as many misdemeanors alone today you've got your pro-State hat on too tight.

Step 1: criminalize the population to control the population. Prosecution is only a phone call away if you step out of line.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:26 PM

10,438 posts, read 2,924,923 times
Mass incarceration was correlated with a drop in crime.

But I think that is the wrong way to look at it. If anything increased prosecution moved a lot of crime off the streets and into the prison yards while also increasing potential recruitment to gangs and other criminal enterprises/activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or