U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 07:42 AM

6,003 posts, read 6,594,912 times

Advertisements

First and foremost, this thread is not about any of the following:

whether or not climate change is real

whether or not we are going through a mass extinction

whether or not you think our species is in the process of dying off...in real time

whether or not you are an antinatalist

What this thread is about is based on an assumption that you seriously recognize that we are now in a completely different era where the rules have changed and we need to examine our belief systems, to adjust them as necessary.

My philosophical belief is antinatalist or I might want to call it antinatalist plus, insofar as it carries all the definition of "it is wrong to create new life" but adds to it "no mores than ever based on the health of lack thereof of the planet"

My philosophy is not a dictate; it is a belief. It is neither right nor wrong. It's just, well: me. Just like I can consistently be pro-choice (which I am) and oppose abortion (which I don't although I do believe in certain limits..but if I could is all that counts), I can be opposed to bringing children into this world and not want any restriction placed on personal choice.

SO NOW, LET'S GET DOWN TO "ANTROHOUNDISM AND ANTROHOUNDIST"

I have (at least I think I have...maybe someone else came up this before me) come to a new philosophy of my own:

It would be beneficial to society to stop having children and having a dog.

Now that I've lost the 99.5% of you who are thinking, "This guy is insane; I'm outta here", I'll address the other .5%, fully embracing the notion that I am no doubt insane, but then again: aren't we all?

For one who embraces the philosophy of antinatalism, do you think practicing....

antrohoundism
(anthro- being human, so the definition: belief that dogs should be the substitute for children), thus making you

an antrohoundist

is a good philosophy

My thinking: I honestly believe bringing children into this world today is a bad thing to do and in doing so you will (in addition to the ills of bringing a life into this world to everyone) condemning your child to a living hell. And if we are indeed on the cusp (or into) that "living hell" and having the emotional needs that accompany what is on our plates, having a dog can provide you with great comfort and may, just may, be the best substitute for having a child. Dogs differ from all other species on how they relate to us. Our histories are intertwined: without man, there could be no domestic dog; without dogs, civilization would never have developed as dogs were indispensable in the development of our species. Having a dog, being the "parent" of a dog is as close to having a child as any relationship could be. I'm not advocating for getting a dog....I am merely suggesting that having a dog and not having children may be the best decision a person could make

Folks, I fully realize by posting that I have created what will upon the first or first couple of posts have turned into a clusterf**k. I realize I will be torn from end to end before being dropped in boiling water. I realize my approval rate here would be as high as .001%...that is, if I am lucky

But I don't care. And on all this, I am virtually uninsultable.

I just want to know if anyone thinks they might embrace this brand new, just released philosophy of antrohoundism?

And one last thing about my insanity: more so, by far, than ever, people are already doing just that: having dogs not as pets, but in essence, their children, seeing them for what they are: family. The numbers bare it out. Heck, the SF unified school district should shut down and have its buildings turned into to doggie day cares because it is children that are the endangered species by the bay; its dogs that far out number them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM

464 posts, read 85,071 times
Hey OP, I think one of the Chicago rats must have bit ya. Please seek immediate medical attention. Try to not get shot on the way there, good luck.

Old Today, 11:40 AM

11,400 posts, read 2,828,606 times
Just keep your kids and dogs quiet and pick up their poop.

Old Today, 11:43 AM

956 posts, read 209,673 times
I predict that antinatalist will go extinct.

Hey don't give up hope just yet bud; we're not far from the singularity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies