U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:30 PM

27,754 posts, read 17,748,514 times

Advertisements

If the family is here legally, allow them the money-it's their choice what to do with it, and the choice of those donating. If they are here illegally-no, seize the funds. Criminals should not profit from illegal acts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:32 PM

21,137 posts, read 10,181,572 times
I feel for the family. If they want to bury their son elsewhere and need help doing that, then God bless the generous souls willing to help them.

It's bad enough they're burying their child, they don't need to be judged for this personal choice on top of that.

Old Today, 01:32 PM

51,044 posts, read 26,894,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Yes, if in America, if one is illegal, those donating have the right to know.
Why would you even care to know if youíre donating? Thatís idiocy. Senseless.

They want to send their dead child to Guatemala for a burial. Either youíre in simpatico with that notion or youíre not. If youíre not, donít give them money. But if you wanna give money, donít be an asswipe by asking whether or not the kid is here legally. I know weíre in the era of Trump where being an a-hole is the new norm, but canít we just try ONE TIME to be decent to our fellow man?

Even a go fund me for a childís burial has to come down to cheap politics?

Old Today, 01:46 PM

51,044 posts, read 26,894,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If the family is here legally, allow them the money-it's their choice what to do with it, and the choice of those donating. If they are here illegally-no, seize the funds. Criminals should not profit from illegal acts.
And another one. You guys just don’t give up, do you?

Either give the money or don’t. But lapsing into a spiel about legalities is just the height of malefic persnicketiness over nothing. It’s just a lame attempt at bringing unnecessary pain to a family for absolutely nothing. Why would you even want to compound on a tragedy such as losing a child over something as trivial as immigration status? Are you a human, or an automaton?

Seriously...I can’t believe you’re being this callous over an issue as grave as this one.

Old Today, 01:55 PM

11,086 posts, read 6,158,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And another one. You guys just donít give up, do you?

Either give the money or donít. But lapsing into a spiel about legalities is just the height of malefic persnicketiness over nothing. Itís just a lame attempt at bringing unnecessary pain to a family for absolutely nothing. Why would you even want to compound on a tragedy such as losing a child over something as trivial as immigration status? Are you a human, or an automaton?

Seriously...I canít believe youíre being this callous over an issue as grave as this one.
When you have had it pounded into you day after day after day by the man sitting in the highest office in the land that illegal aliens are subhuman, it becomes easy to treat them as such. As some of these callous, cold hearted posters are proving. Now even the dead must "show us your papers!" before they can be given the burial the family wants for them.

Geesh, this isn't costing a single one of these posters one thin dime. Why do they care so much about where a family wants to bury their child?

Old Today, 02:02 PM
Status: "Crooked Trump accused of rape and nobody cares." (set 26 days ago)

8,172 posts, read 5,842,225 times
Quote:
Why would you even care to know if youíre donating? Thatís idiocy. Senseless.

They want to send their dead child to Guatemala for a burial. Either youíre in simpatico with that notion or youíre not. If youíre not, donít give them money. But if you wanna give money, donít be an asswipe by asking whether or not the kid is here legally. I know weíre in the era of Trump where being an a-hole is the new norm, but canít we just try ONE TIME to be decent to our fellow man?

Even a go fund me for a childís burial has to come down to cheap politics?

Old Today, 02:41 PM

6,371 posts, read 3,429,826 times
Quote:
I don't really see how they are profiting here. The money is going for a burial expense. It just casts aspersions on the claims of some who advocate for illegals with statements such as But this is the only country little so-and-so has ever known.

Probably isn't worth getting upset over. If it's not to you liking, don't contribute.

Old Today, 04:18 PM

4,815 posts, read 947,594 times
Quote:
"Criminals should not profit from illegal acts."? Yeah, well members of Congress often do!

Old Today, 04:30 PM

13,197 posts, read 6,295,540 times
Anyone can start a Go Fund Me page for whatever reason they want.

That said, back in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, one of the first things (when they had enough money) immigrants would do is buy a plot in an American cemetary, which back then were often on church grounds. The immigrants did this because they knew that not only would it be expensive to ship a body back to the old country but they figured that they were in America to stay for the rest of their lives.

Times are different now.

Old Today, 05:09 PM

5,402 posts, read 1,094,463 times
Quote:
Why would you even care to know if you’re donating? That’s idiocy. Senseless.

They want to send their dead child to Guatemala for a burial. Either you’re in simpatico with that notion or you’re not. If you’re not, don’t give them money. But if you wanna give money, don’t be an asswipe by asking whether or not the kid is here legally. I know we’re in the era of Trump where being an a-hole is the new norm, but can’t we just try ONE TIME to be decent to our fellow man?

Even a go fund me for a child’s burial has to come down to cheap politics?
No, it's not about politics, it's about people should have the choice of where their money goes. If one doesn't want to donate to illegals, they should have the right to know if the parents are illegals.

As for immigrants who are legalized, the fact that they are doing a GFMpage to raise money to send their son to Guatemala is okay imo.

Actually, if I were going to donate to a GFM page, I'd donate to someone who needs to bury their child whether they are legal or not and no matter where they intend to bury them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or