Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 01:32 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I will carefully agree with you that the Black Community needs to do their part to fix the problem.

I will respectfully state that "not as bad as it used to be" is not a very good benchmark.

I guess the point is that there needs to be change from both sides of the issue. In almost all cases, both sides refuse to see their own role in the problem.

The black community wants to blame racism for their problems, and the racists (which sadly includes our POTUS and his base) want to blame the black community for their problems.

I'll meet you half way and say that it ain't getting fixed until EVERYONE makes significant progress. I won't blame it squarely on either side, but will agree that until both sides of the debate make substantial change, it won't get better.

That said, I see it as a bigger problem that our POTUS and about half the government deny there is a problem, and while I don't condone inaction from the black community (there is action and inaction, btw), I can understand their resentment, when they face the problems they do, only to be mocked, told they are lying and have those exact problems doubled down in their face.

From that resentment, I would have to assume, spawns a hopelessness that "doing the right thing" will get a different result this time.
What black community are you all talking about lol. And what specific problem?

It is hilarious to me the way you all group all black people as the same.

Newsflash - a majority of black people are not poor nor are we criminals lol. We also have a very deeply rooted historical culture that you all don't seem to be aware of. A part of that culture has always been centered on self reliance and a majority of black people do not blame "problems" on racist lol.

It is like you all are in some weird la-la land. Must be the media telling you folks all this stuff. Makes me glad I stopped watching most news programming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 01:33 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,162 times
In reality, black people should stop pointing fingers and end the blame game for the woes that befall them. The choice is there to start a new life in Mother Africa if the Western World is holding them back from succeeding. Large parts of Africa are still no where near developed as even compared to 200 years or 300 years ago or at the start of the slave trade in the African continent. To go back now would be like turning back the clock, forget the slave trade ever begun and resuming where their ancestors left off. Or, how about another harsh reality that needs to be addressed by black people. That being maybe there is too huge a gulf in terms of overall potential to create,design and manage a modern society between blacks and non blacks. So in effect the blame game , pointing fingers at everyone but themselves has more to do with the necessity to push back instinctively and out of frustration at the natural deficiencies exposed when living out of Africa.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:34 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,983,513 times
Quote:
I will carefully agree with you that the Black Community needs to do their part to fix the problem.

I will respectfully state that "not as bad as it used to be" is not a very good benchmark.

I guess the point is that there needs to be change from both sides of the issue. In almost all cases, both sides refuse to see their own role in the problem.

The black community wants to blame racism for their problems, and the racists (which sadly includes our POTUS and his base) want to blame the black community for their problems.

I'll meet you half way and say that it ain't getting fixed until EVERYONE makes significant progress. I won't blame it squarely on either side, but will agree that until both sides of the debate make substantial change, it won't get better.

That said, I see it as a bigger problem that our POTUS and about half the government deny there is a problem, and while I don't condone inaction from the black community (there is action and inaction, btw), I can understand their resentment, when they face the problems they do, only to be mocked, told they are lying and have those exact problems doubled down in their face.

From that resentment, I would have to assume, spawns a hopelessness that "doing the right thing" will get a different result this time.
Black unemployment is at its lowest point in history under Trump's presidency.

Worst. Racist. Ever.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:35 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,294,652 times
Quote:

It's not the 40's,50's,60's,70's anymore. Society has changed dramatically. I will not say it is without it's problems. But it's a hell of alot better than it used to be. Excuses need to stop and action needs to begin.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:37 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,954,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Black unemployment is at its lowest point in history under Trump's presidency.

Worst. Racist. Ever.
Black unemployment dropped every year, under Obama and is continuing to drop, thanks to the continued strong economy. Trump is still a racist.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:38 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Sorry, but "the black community" isn't poor. There are blacks in every economic class, in every profession. Some rich, successful, hard working. Some poor, lazy, foolish. Guess what? That's the same as every other race. There are poor communities that are majority black, just as there are every other race. Quit dividing this country by race. Work to improve economic opportunities for all Americans and everybody does well. Stop pretending that black people are either too stupid or too lazy to succeed on a level playing field. It's an insult to an entire race of people.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:40 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,954,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sorry, but "the black community" isn't poor. There are blacks in every economic class, in every profession. Some rich, successful, hard working. Some poor, lazy, foolish. Guess what? That's the same as every other race. There are poor communities that are majority black, just as there are every other race. Quit dividing this country by race. Work to improve economic opportunities for all Americans and everybody does well. Stop pretending that black people are either too stupid or too lazy to succeed on a level playing field. It's an insult to an entire race of people.
Only racists think Black people aren't good enough to win on a level playing field. I’m saying that the playing field isn’t level.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:45 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Asians were victims of redlining practices as well, but they now have the HIGHEST home ownership rates of all minority groups.

Wonder what could be the difference?

Always someone who wants to play the "model minority" card when discussing African Americans.

Just stop. We've been excluded (yes, I'm Asian American) in real estate and other areas historically, but to compare our experience with that of African Americans is nonsense. And remember that a whole lot of those wealthy Chinese folks buying up expensive homes in Silicon Valley today are much more recent immigrants arriving in the era well after the time when Asian Americans were subject to racial covenants in buying or leasing property.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:47 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,983,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Black unemployment dropped every year, under Obama and is continuing to drop, thanks to the continued strong economy. Trump is still a racist.
A racist who has created a booming economy where blacks are the most employed they've ever been in the history of the country?

I DARE you to name 10 racists things Trump has done. Guarantee you'll probably have to lie or severely stretch the truth to even come up with 5.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:48 PM

21,906 posts, read 9,480,467 times
Quote:
Warren and Gillibrand jumped on their "white leftist female hero platform" last night and claimed the reason that the black community is poor is because of a "history" that the country has yet to make amends for.

The fact is the black community has the highest single motherhood rate, and the highest school dropout rate of all races in the United States.

Those are personal choices, not "institutionalized" racism.

Change my mind.
I think there IS institutional racism and the institution is the DNC. Think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies