Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 01:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times

Advertisements

All I can say is....I'm very disappointed that there's no video.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:54 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Black guy is at a local pool with his son when some fool comes over and starts yelling at him and his son...screaming “white power” and making an ass of himself.

Get this: he isn’t even a resident of the apartments where you have to be invited in order to swim there. He takes a swing at the father, and gets knocked out.

But that’s not enough. He goes somewhere and comes back with some kind of a bat, swings it at the guy, and ends up STILL getting his ass knocked out a second time.

What is emboldening these fools as of late? Why do they think that all of a sudden, what used to be unthinkable is NOW permissible and won’t be answered back with equal or greater force?

Anyway the guy is in jail...thankfully. SMH

Video included in the link.

https://www.news9.com/story/40856723...t-complex-pool
You keep mentioning the "emboldened" thing as if this is something new.

It's certainly reported more and raised to national attention but it doesn't mean it hasn't been happening for years.

Thread in current events about some woman peeing on the potatos at a wall-mart, was she "emboldened" too?

I've already stated that if the 2018 hate crime stats show a spike then you have some ammo for the claim but 2017 was pretty flat so just not seeing any proof of more events but I have provided proof in several threads here about minor squabbles, even some that don't have police charges making national news because it's some white person doing something racist and it SELLS.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:55 PM

20,322 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This.

That white trash loser got what was coming to him

Old 08-01-2019, 01:58 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Justice served and a happy ending!

Neck/face tattoos are usually the mark of a loser, so no surprise there with that idiot. And coming back with a tee ball bat after getting his ass beat? Stupid! Those must weigh 10 ounces at max.
Coming back with that makes me suspect the guy might have been on drugs.

Regardless, I'm glad he didn't come back with a gun and render the kid fatherless.

I hope the attacker dies from something before causing more trouble for others in life.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:00 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,341,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Coming back with that makes me suspect the guy might have been on drugs.

Regardless, I'm glad he didn't come back with a gun and render the kid fatherless.

I hope the attacker dies from something before causing more trouble for others in life.
Probably was on drugs. At least that is what I suspect. Definitely not in his right mind that's for sure.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:06 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Black guy is at a local pool with his son when some fool comes over and starts yelling at him and his son...screaming “white power” and making an ass of himself.

Get this: he isn’t even a resident of the apartments where you have to be invited in order to swim there. He takes a swing at the father, and gets knocked out.

But that’s not enough. He goes somewhere and comes back with some kind of a bat, swings it at the guy, and ends up STILL getting his ass knocked out a second time.

What is emboldening these fools as of late? Why do they think that all of a sudden, what used to be unthinkable is NOW permissible and won’t be answered back with equal or greater force?

The guy looks like a brain dead goober, neck tattoos and all.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:13 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,043 times
Quote:

dd, this is just the start and it will only get worse for black people from now on. Somehow, and so rapidly it seems the charge of being racist is losing it's power & now many non blacks, not just whites but asians and hispanics might just be sensing blacks are losing their status as the most privelged of all minority groups. Now, you will find whites, asians and hispanics all recording incidents of mockingly triggering black people in public areas, then more amusement , of blacks fighting blacks at kid's playgrounds, of blacks fighting in fast food restaurants, of blacks starting fights in stores etc. . The most popular one right now is blacks fighting in malls and that is some serious violent behavior going on there for sure. Black people appear worried and are lashing out like never before. Even in restaurants I have seen non black people leave upon seeing black people in the same location, or in some cases ask to sit in another area of the restaurant. You would not have seen that before, although now it is happening much more often.

Not too long ago, blacks proudly believed a black woman would become president. Then we see how fast Kamala Harris was demolished in the pres debates and somewhere some group of higher ups must have decreed not this time and not even with the most accomplished, well groomed, well educated black female candidate that will come along now or for quite some time to come. Black people are anxious and unsure what will happen next and hard to blame them it must be said.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:13 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I wish there was video too. I want to know what qualifies this crime as "malicious harassment based on race".

Personally I don't believe in that sort of stuff because a violation of the non-aggression principle is just that...a violation of the non-aggression principle.

Just curious to see what the State thinks malicious harassment based on race looks like. That way I can file it next to other fictions like the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:21 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Let's be thankful the idiot wasn't packing a weapon. Sounds like "craig" was pushed into something he wanted no part of and set a damn good example for his son. First avoid trouble but when no other choice is given respond.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:22 PM

5,978 posts, read 2,231,948 times
Sometimes I don't know if its mental health or if the country is just nuts. This is regardless of race as there was another story here that involved a black teen yelling and randomly shooting.

I wonder if its time to recheck lead levels in Americans and stop putting race on documents because its way over the top. But that would require people act right when hiring or renting and not discriminate which is still an issue in some areas.

We could end government intervention in so many hiring and purchasing decisions if we would get past the idea of race affecting moral character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.