U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:22 PM
Status: "Crooked Trump accused of rape and nobody cares." (set 26 days ago)

8,172 posts, read 5,842,225 times

Advertisements

I read about this yesterday. I feel for the victim when this clown gets out of jail. He seem like the type that won't let things go.

Old Today, 02:22 PM

876 posts, read 1,120,499 times
The media, which is mostly liberal biased by the way, has sharply amped up the "racist" news and it seems to promoting the "take your side" attitude which is resulting in more violence. Divide and conquer.

Old Today, 02:29 PM

21,680 posts, read 11,682,282 times
If there were more good fathers like "Craig" there would be a lot less crime in the hood and a lot fewer idiots running around yelling "white power" whatever the hell that means.

Old Today, 02:35 PM

1,366 posts, read 700,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
In this country there is so much emphasis put on tribal identity. In really our differences are an illusion because we are an extension of our environment. We create these barriers between us. Hopefully new generations break through these molds and overcome this mad stupidity.
Who keeps pushing identity on everyone 24/7 and telling people if they're nationalists, they're the same as Hitler? Isn't the Republicans.

Old Today, 02:37 PM

21,136 posts, read 10,181,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I wish there was video too. I want to know what qualifies this crime as "malicious harassment based on race".

Personally I don't believe in that sort of stuff because a violation of the non-aggression principle is just that...a violation of the non-aggression principle.

Just curious to see what the State thinks malicious harassment based on race looks like. That way I can file it next to other fictions like the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.
Well, the white power comment and I think I read racial slurs were involved, probably qualified it as a hate crime.

Having said that, I'd love for the violence against white people in Chicago to start being considered hate crimes, but that's not going to happen.

Old Today, 02:39 PM

21,680 posts, read 11,682,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, the white power comment and I think I read racial slurs were involved, probably qualified it as a hate crime.

Having said that, I'd love for the violence against white people in Chicago to start being considered hate crimes, but that's not going to happen.
I would like to see loud music, street crime, littering, loud foul language be hate crimes. Those alone will destroy a city faster than anything.

Old Today, 02:44 PM

21,136 posts, read 10,181,572 times
I have to say, I agree with some of the posters here. I'm not seeing a spike of white on black hate crimes. The news would be covering it 24/7 if that was the case.

I have seen a spike in black on white crimes in Chicago, however you have to know where to look to find coverage of those.

Old Today, 02:45 PM

52,177 posts, read 41,971,337 times
https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2014/tables/table-1

Here we travel back to 2014 and lo and behold there were almost 12,000 incidents and offenses that year.

3600 against blacks or about 10 a day.

And you're telling me that some racist a-hole starting a fight at a swimming pool didn't use to happen?

Oh come on now.

Imagine some racist white guy pointing to more shootings in the city some year during the Obama administration and claiming that blacks had become emboldened by Obama being president. Not hard to do and it's not a good look.

Old Today, 02:53 PM

51,044 posts, read 26,894,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I have to say, I agree with some of the posters here. I'm not seeing a spike of white on black hate crimes. The news would be covering it 24/7 if that was the case.

I have seen a spike in black on white crimes in Chicago, however you have to know where to look to find coverage of those.
I never once postulated a spike in white on black incidents. That Wasn’t even contemplated.

I said that people are all of a sudden being emboldened to do and say things that they knew wouldn’t fly a few years ago, and this attitude is emblematic of what happens when you have someone in power that makes you think there’s a new arrangement underfoot. There isn’t. The old covenant still stands, and the same disrespect that was intolerant before is STILL intolerable now. Folks shouldn’t let the powerful lead them into something that has bad consequences...FOR THEM!! Not the people that exhort you to act like an ass. Those people have bodyguards protecting them from physical confrontations.

This isn’t about a spike in crime. It’s about a spike in bad behavior that folks managed to suppress before. They need to keep suppressing it.

Old Today, 02:55 PM

51,044 posts, read 26,894,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2014/tables/table-1

Here we travel back to 2014 and lo and behold there were almost 12,000 incidents and offenses that year.

3600 against blacks or about 10 a day.

And you're telling me that some racist a-hole starting a fight at a swimming pool didn't use to happen?

Oh come on now.

Imagine some racist white guy pointing to more shootings in the city some year during the Obama administration and claiming that blacks had become emboldened by Obama being president. Not hard to do and it's not a good look.
Iím not talking about that. Iím not gonna repeat myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or