Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 04:01 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
I think you're being a little harsh and unfair to The View. Take a look at their anniversary special below and maybe it will change your mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8-RGQUAdno
Hahaha

Well the View has improved since I watched 20 seconds of it back in like 1998.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 07:22 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
So far, Tulsi is my favorite Democrat. If it was Trump vs. Gabbard, I would vote for Gabbard -- but if it was Trump vs. Anyone Else (again, I mean at this point in time now), I will probably vote for Trump -- something I thought I would never say and would hate myself for doing so!

The extreme leftists have brought me to this point.

Tulsi is the only sane Democrat in the bunch.

If the Dems don't nominate her, Trump will wipe the floor with any of the other extreme Leftists.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:49 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
She is going to get the Ron Paul treatment

Old 08-02-2019, 10:51 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
This is the first I’ve seen of The View. My biggest takeaway was the attempt to segue from “Russian stooge” to Ikea pillows. What is this, the Truman Show? So awkward. This is exactly why I don’t watch regular TV anymore.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:11 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
She is going to get the Ron Paul treatment
And Ross Perot. It's amazing when we look back, it were the ones swept under the rug by the establishment that knew what they were talking about all along. Just goes to show how corrupt our political process has become. The corporate run media machine doesn't help matters either.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:23 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Tulsi is the only sane Democrat in the bunch.

If the Dems don't nominate her, Trump will wipe the floor with any of the other extreme Leftists.
That's why the establishment has decided to remove Gabbard as a choice for nomination.

The Empire Is Coming For Tulsi Gabbard

She's toast. Unlike Trump, who successfully defeated the Media and Establishment, I don't think Gabbard can do the same.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:51 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,557,871 times
Traitor, America hater

Old 08-03-2019, 06:27 AM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Well for never having heard of her - -you sure do seem to have developed quite the theory about the situation. Gabbard has been intersting but not noteworthy -- including the first round of debates. She was on The View before and both McCain and Behar went after her for other issues. She held her own -- well spoken. She uses her military career appropriately to garner favor.

But cut to right now Gabbard is fighting to move up in the polls right now. She's satisfied one of the criteria for the next debate (or is very close to it) and needs to satisfy polling criteria to get to play with the top 7. She is fighting for popularity.

She decided to come hard at Kamala Harris to make a name for herself. She is trying very hard to get noticed.

It may work...and good for her if it does.

So yeah -- she's getting criticism but she is more noticed today than she was last time around -- that was her goal last night.

This will give her more visibility but she'll never get close to what she needs to be in the top three after all is said and done.

You are correct in assuming their is some orchestration, but you may not be aware of who is the conductor of the orchestra in this case.
I personally think she "came hard" at Kamala at the bequest of team Biden.

Keep in mind how political deals and paybacks work.

What do top fundraisers get when their guy wins the presidency? That's right ambassadorships, mostly non-sensitive ones or lighter positions. The other supporters often get cabinet and other such positions.

So ask yourself if this were some sort of mystery puzzle, why are the other little fish attacking the headliner Biden....and then Tulsi instead of aiming for a bigger fish to "feud up" turns and sets her sights on Harris. I personally don't care either way, just offering a more strategic look at things imo.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:33 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Their audience doesn't wake up until they find out they are getting something for free.

What a collection of idiots.
Republicans are watching The View? I didn`t know that but I do know that they are getting the bulk of the free stuff.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...curity/516861/

Old 08-03-2019, 06:34 AM

26,463 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Kamala just got payback for attacking Biden.

Biden can't smack back at Harris without running the risk of being called a racist\woman hating bully.....so he gets a proxy to do it.

If Biden wins Tusli is either getting a VP or nice cabinet position for helping "Team Biden"
+1

There is that theory that Biden an old white male can't attack Kamala with today's snowflake logic. Therefore, conspiracy theories abound about Tulsi running interference for Biden to hit back at Kamala in exchange for something like Secretary of Defense or VP in a Biden administration.

However, it is also possible that Tulsi is just trying to gain some traction with voters. Most Democratic voters thought that the attacks on Biden went a little too far. Tulsi going back at Kamala brings a lot of attention to Tulsi as Kamala was the candidate on the winning streak and Tulsi comes off as sticking up for a victim of unfair attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies