U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2019, 12:03 PM

2,879 posts, read 4,565,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Thank goodness the end is almost here. I sure hope it's a complete withdrawal of troops and none of this leave some military advisors behind nonsense. And absolutely no more taxpayer dollars are to go to Afghanistan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e70_story.html
They are not withdrawing everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
A third soldier this week died in Afghanistan on Thursday. Let's get them the **** out of there already, we've been there for 18 years.

I don't care about political parties, the government just needs to get it done.
They are still going to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Leaving 8000 still there is not delivering on a promise.
This was in response to this comment. "Thank god. This move, along with diverting billions from the defense budget to fund the wall are major reasons I voted Trump, and he hasn’t disappointed. America first in action.

Has there ever been a president deliver on campaign promises like this one?"

So once again, if he actually pulls it off and removes all troops, it would be a promise upheld. Don't get me wrong I would love for my husband to come home and say deployment slotted for 202X has been cancelled.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 04:31 PM

67,514 posts, read 34,429,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
We pull out Russia moves in.

Russia tried that! It did not workout so well for them. Like us, they spent trillions. Thier problem was, they were not the world currency to fund it by printing more money out of thin air.
It bankrupted Russia last time.
We trained and were paying Osama Bin Laden to fight Russia, back then

Old 09-01-2019, 04:53 PM

52,729 posts, read 42,352,050 times
What? We still have guys in Afghanistan?

Oh sure, next thing you'll tell me is that Guantanamo is still operating.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:59 PM

17,647 posts, read 10,574,031 times
The cost of this Afghan war fiasco since 2001 is a mind numbing $975 billion.

The future cost of treating veterans will cost just as much in the coming years.

The most aggravating thing is that a good fraction of that amount vanished into thin air. As in, no one knows what the hell happened to the money once it went to Afghanistan. Just think about that for a moment. Billions and billions of US taxpayer dollars simply disappeared in Afghanistan (as well as Iraq for that matter). Do those who continue to blindly support this folly not see something wrong with that?

When our own country cannot secure its borders and people sleep on the streets, this is beyond obscene.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:24 PM

16,742 posts, read 16,875,389 times
I support...........too bad we could not have skeeeeeeedaddled before we dumped many pallets of cash onto the laps of creeeepy, pervy, bacha-bazi loving Warlords.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:43 PM

5,908 posts, read 2,420,717 times
Default Afghan Peace Talks. Taliban Kicks Ass, America Begs For Peace.

There's a lot going on that we're not seeing in the media. Taliban sporting new Ford Ranger trucks taken from the Afghan Army, lots of weapons too. Car bombs killing NATO soldiers and civilians. Even more territory being taken daily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XEtOv63l-k&app=desktop

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9mtAe_1567782931

In the peace talks the Afghan government we installed is not even present. It's between the US and Taliban. The people just seem to be on their side, the Afghan government we installed is totally corrupt, ineffective, inept at any task. This is a repeat of what happened to to Soviets. The AAF can't fight back, its helpless unless there are American planes in the air bombing everything in sight. NATO troops don't dare to leave their forts unless it's in force. All NATO transport/supply is done by air. No one dares to use the roads.

Looks like we have them right where they want us.

Just get to hell out.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:48 PM

31,077 posts, read 15,931,350 times
We should have never gone in (Bush), and we should have immediately left once Bush's mistake was realized.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:52 PM

16,879 posts, read 4,428,950 times
Trump just canceled talks with the Talibs...which I'm sure they could care less about. ISIS is there big time too. I guess they would prefer we stay there so they can prove how weak we are (can't secure the place) and also so they can pick off a few Americans here and there as they have been doing.

Sad.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:52 PM

29,761 posts, read 40,189,774 times
We lost. Again. It's time to leave before any more Americans get killed for nothing. Nation building for the benefit of America's rich does not work. Yet here we go again with Venezuela.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:54 PM

5,908 posts, read 2,420,717 times
Latest is a rumour that the Taliban are moving on Kabul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies