U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 07:46 AM

24,207 posts, read 12,695,851 times

Advertisements

And don't give me Trump accomplished the stock market, or jobs. He didn't -- the USA did.

THe tax cuts weren't significant i=enough for individuals, and while corporations talk great tax cuts it has not caused a surge in investment.

The continued growth is from 10 years of recovery. You will see jobs added when you have 10 years of recovery. There has been no surge in job growth....or GDP. Just a constant growth ---or recovery -- for 10 years.

If Trump is responsible for the 7 and a half years before ---please tell me how.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 08:37 AM

11,983 posts, read 8,647,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The Taliban learned something from the VC. You don't have to win the battles to win the war. You have only to hang tough for a while and Americans will lose interest. You take away the political will, the belief that the war is just.

Most of us see the Taliban for what it is, but we don't see why we should be the ones to fix that problem.

We have forgotten lessons learned. You can't go in and bomb people, kill grand pa and all his goats, and then expect the survivors to like you. They will never like you as long as you stay.

You have a choice. Go in and annihilate your enemy and then leave, or just dont bother with it.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:44 AM

1,982 posts, read 658,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
We pull out Russia moves in.
Russia Russia Russia!

Maybe Mueller can upend the peace negotiations.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:04 AM

22,875 posts, read 9,759,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump wanted to be friends with the Taliban.'''

One thing to hold talks at a neutral location with staff.''

Another for the President of the USA to invite the Taliban leaders to Camp DAvid

This is one !@#$"d up administration
So why didn't he invite them to Maralago for a beautiful piece of chocolate cake?

This guy is terrible at making deals. The Taliban at Camp David--unbelievable.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:13 AM

24,207 posts, read 12,695,851 times
The week of 9/11 you invite the leaders of the Taliban to Camp David. It is just wrong.

Pompeo is saying that the USA has killed a thousand Taliban recently. Really -- that's how you approach peace talks...oh okay.

But then you call them off because of a Taliban attack...one of some 50 recently.

I'm thinking that the optics of the meeting with the Taliban at CAmp David was suddenly realized to be not a good thing -- especially this week. So the Trump admin. jumped on an excuse to cancel.

What a mess.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:52 PM

16,916 posts, read 4,441,318 times
Trump is incapable of doing anything involved with foreign affairs...or domestic, for that matter.

Where is the NK Deal? I would think condo on the beach would be being built by now!

Iran deal - they are now enriching. Almost certain they will go nuke - but, worse yet, they won't be our partners in any way (Russia, China and Europe will deal).

China "deal" - just chaos, we keep hearing "we'll start the talks again". That's now how things work.

Afghanistan - more of the same (I admit this one is tough for anyone - but if Trump is so great, he should just admit we got Bin Laden and pull out and say "you folks deal with the mess").

Syria - Ties into the whole deal....bottom like, more Muslim radicals than ever before almost everywhere - including Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, etc.

Israeli-Palestinian - oh, yeah, Jared was gonna "make a deal". So was the Trump org lawyer who just quit the Administration

The "New" Nafta - (pretty much same as the old...with regular tweaks). NOT RATIFIED...may never be.

We could go on but that covers a large part of the world so no need to.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:10 PM

735 posts, read 502,652 times
Default Mike Pompeo says we killed 1000 Taliban in last 10 days but...

He says Taliban killed one American soldier and now Trump says all talks are off?

I'm a bit confused and when did we start meeting with terrorists?

1000 (even) Taliban to 1 American Soldier in 10 days? Why does this sound fishy and like complete campaigning on Trumps part?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Ay91oCuRY

Old 09-08-2019, 02:56 PM

19,881 posts, read 18,019,403 times
I bet he has no proof of the thousands killed. Another lie told by this lying administration.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:58 PM

5,125 posts, read 3,509,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I bet he has no proof of the thousands killed. Another lie told by this lying administration.

Bingo. The old Vietnam body count propaganda. There is no clear information about the Afghanistan war status available to the public. Smoke and mirrors from the Trump Administration.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:08 PM

735 posts, read 502,652 times
Exactly. 1000 people in 10 days just sounds way too bizarre and like a Trump puppet show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies