U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM

10,861 posts, read 4,482,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
A friend of mine went to Georgetown. When Patrick Ewing (start black center on basketball team) went there students would hold up a sign when he was at the foul line that said " Patrick you cant read this". So much for Georgetown class.
Georgetown students did this? They... wanted their star center to get mad and miss his shots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM

7,234 posts, read 2,653,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Georgetown students did this? They... wanted their star center to get mad and miss his shots?
Just relaying what my friend told me. Any he was not a liar.

Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Just relaying what my friend told me. Any he was not a liar.
Well, Google says a rival school's fans held up a sign disparaging Patrick's literary skills, and that does kinda make more sense, doesn't it? But hey, stick with your non-lying friend's story if you prefer.

Last edited by The Dark Enlightenment; Yesterday at 08:19 PM..

Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM

7,234 posts, read 2,653,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Well, Google says a rival school's fans held up a sign disparaging Patrick's literary skills, and that does kinda make more sense, doesn't it? But hey, stick with your non-lying friend's story if you prefer.
Not really. Georgetown is an academic school. The basketball team is the only division one team. Many students do not like the lowering of standards to field a basketball team. I have been to Georgetown many times so yeas I do buy it. But you can stick to your what you heard story.

Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM

26,894 posts, read 11,296,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Are these smaller scale reparations more realistic?

We already have reparations in the form of quotas which are illegal and should never be implemented.

Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM

13,729 posts, read 7,488,782 times
There was a long thread on this a few months ago which has since been closed.

Georgetown Students Vote To Pay Reparations To Slave Descendants

A couple more relevant and still open threads on Georgetown and slave reparations.

Georgetown to offer admission preference to descendants of slaves

News, Georgetown Apologizes for 1838 Slave Sale

Old Today, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
There was a long thread on this a few months ago which has since been closed.
The mods here are very helpful, aren't they? And wise! Clearly it's best to lock long, active threads, and force us to start new, redundant ones on the same topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or