U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 03:41 PM

3,099 posts, read 895,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
The US will be overrun with brown, black and yellow people fleeing climate change within 50-100 years...
global warming has nothing to do with it.....they are breeding like rabbits...and their populations are unsustainable

Guatamala's population....1960....4 million....today....17 million
Honduras' population....1960.....2 million...today....10 million
El Salvadore's population....1960....3 million....today.....6 million

..that's an increase of over 24 million people in just 3 countries

and their infrastructure has not grown to support it

They are not "climate" refugees....they are economic refugees
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 03:47 PM

4,856 posts, read 2,014,969 times
Let me know when I can plant my tomatoes there.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:51 PM

19,551 posts, read 12,353,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Every one needs to do their part. No plastic bags, no bonfires or fires in general, Tune your 4x4 dually 1 ton truck so it doesn't smoke like a train. Stuff like that.

Oh yeah, Butcher your pet cow.

I burn A LOT of stuff on my farm in my burn pit, run the temps there at 70 degrees all the time, even though it is rarely occupied, and drive V-8 cars (and my classic cars with big V-8s) while revving at stop lights. A few of my cars get 4-5 miles per gallon, so I am doing my bit to cancel out at least 2-3 libs.

I leave the lights on all night in my house, put the AC at 67, and run the showers for about 1/2 hour as well.

We have to keep CO2 levels up, so everyone needs to do their part!

Old 08-03-2019, 04:14 PM

9,786 posts, read 4,660,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
global warming has nothing to do with it.....they are breeding like rabbits...and their populations are unsustainable

It doesn't help that our CIA overthrew their democratically elected governments and installed dictators who killed several hundred thousand.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:30 PM

1,147 posts, read 216,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post

You should read up a bit about demographics... The number of babies born have been stable for 30+ years.
The world has reach peak child decades ago...

it will stabilize at 10-11 Billion... but 4-5 billion in Africa and South America, many of them will flee because they will be unable to produce crops and lack of water. They will need to go further north...

You will see 1-2 Billion Africans moving into Europe and North America.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:43 PM

7,398 posts, read 6,663,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You might want to ask yourself one of the more obvious questions ..... how did “Greenland” get it’s name? Maybe at one time in the distant past, it was green?

Nope. When Erik Thorvaldsson (Erik the Red) committed murder and was exiled from Iceland (which was actually a green island and thusly named Iceland to discourage too many settlers from immigrating to the island) he sailed west and landed on the only ice-free part of the new found island, which was the southern-most tip of what was at the time named Kalaallit Nunaat (The Land of The People) by the Inuit people who fished and hunted there seasonally.

Erik first named it Gruntland - which means ground land - for his ship having grounded there, and then, being the flimflam man that he was, he named it Grœnnland or Grōnizland (meaning green land) as a marketing strategy to encourage settlers from Iceland and Norway to immigrate to the island to join him and start a whole new society under his guidance and control under his title of paramount chieftain of Greenland. It all proved to be a failure after awhile though and eventually was abandoned.

You can read the full story here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_the_Red

Last edited by Zoisite; 08-03-2019 at 05:05 PM..

Old 08-03-2019, 04:55 PM

1,174 posts, read 412,838 times
This is good news.Now Greenlanders can grow Winter wheat . When given Lemons make Lemonade.. Why IF we have Climate Change is it always bad? Oh I know all the Chicken Littles crying THE SKY IS FALLING,THE SKY IS FALLING..Not my religion.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:02 PM

3,099 posts, read 895,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
You should read up a bit about demographics...
It's exactly what I said...

this is too easy to look up....you should have done that

Guatemala's population has been increasing exponentially since 1950

https://www.worldometers.info/world-...la-population/

...so has Honduras

https://www.worldometers.info/world-...as-population/

El Salvadore has increased...but not as much....too many people are migrating out because of economics

https://www.worldometers.info/world-...or-population/

Old 08-03-2019, 05:20 PM

19,504 posts, read 17,577,242 times
If paying some obscenely rich people more money will stop global warming, and paying people to say global warming is real works, maybe trying to pay people to believe it will do the trick.
They want a universal citizen payout for a social program. Maybe giving skeptics $1000 a month to believe its real would get the message across.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:31 PM

1,147 posts, read 216,098 times
Guatmala:

Life expectancy has gone from 30 to 70 in the last 100 years.
Children pr women from 6.5 to 2.9 pr woman in the last 100 years.

El Salvador 30-75 in 100 years
6.2 to 2.0 child pr woman.

Almost any country in the last 100 years has had exponential growth.. but it has stopped, because they get fewer and fewer children. It ends up with pairs just "replacing themselves" with two children.

100 years ago when couples got 6 children and all of them survived, its when we got the population explosion... Just decades before that usually 2-4 of them died before they where 5 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies