U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM

9,682 posts, read 5,425,592 times

Advertisements

google... "Go Green Foamy The Squirrel"

I think climate change is something we should address but then again.. Foamy backs how I feel about the current state of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM

11,439 posts, read 7,382,963 times
Only republicans believe fossil fuel lobbyists when it comes to climate change.

Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM

24,283 posts, read 12,046,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Only republicans believe fossil fuel lobbyists when it comes to climate change.
My plane needs jet fuel. It doesnít run on liberal rhetoric.

Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
My plane needs jet fuel. It doesnít run on liberal rhetoric.
Fail.

Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM

24,283 posts, read 12,046,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Fail.
Correct. My plane runs on fossil fuel.

Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM

30,550 posts, read 20,183,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Haha, yep, us crafty lefties have even gone so far as to make this past June and July the hottest in recorded history. Do we have no shame !
As far as global surface temperature goes, history started with the satellite era.

This coincided with the end of a decades-long cool period and the dilution of the Ozone layer, the result of refrigerants and other man-made chemicals being released into the atmosphere.

Now we are told the Earth's surface has warmed as much as one degree (as if that could be measured accurately) and this spells gloom and doom for all mankind.

We are further told that the cause of the alleged warming is definitely CO2, although the relationship between CO2 and surface temperature is anything but consistent and no other potential causes are worthy of consideration.

Cloud cover isn't discussed and UV rays penetrating the stratosphere never come up, why?

hint:$$$

Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM

30,936 posts, read 31,858,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
LOL, whatever makes you feel better!

Still no refutations from YOU!
Why would I waste my time refuting BS?

Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM

980 posts, read 213,985 times
The prior forecast was for Greenland glacial cap to take 10,000 years to melt, raising the world sea level by 24 feet. With things as they are in the Arctic now though, this is probably going to take a lot less time. It may even be too late to fix at this point; climate forcing mechanisms are starting to run away from us. But that's just me feeling cynical. It does make for interesting times though.

Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Correct. My plane runs on fossil fuel.
Your imaginary toys run on imaginary fossil fuels.

Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM

980 posts, read 213,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
As far as global surface temperature goes, history started with the satellite era.

This coincided with the end of a decades-long cool period and the dilution of the Ozone layer, the result of refrigerants and other man-made chemicals being released into the atmosphere.

Now we are told the Earth's surface has warmed as much as one degree (as if that could be measured accurately) and this spells gloom and doom for all mankind.

We are further told that the cause of the alleged warming is definitely CO2, although the relationship between CO2 and surface temperature is anything but consistent and no other potential causes are worthy of consideration.

Cloud cover isn't discussed and UV rays penetrating the stratosphere never come up, why?

hint:$$$
A few points here:

The topic of this thread has to do with the Arctic circle, not the entire world.

A reduction of ice albedo in the Arctic region has a much greater effect on climate compared to the rest of the planet. Thus, climate changes get amplified in this region, and the temperature has risen 3-4 degrees Celsius since the 1950s; that's 5 to 7 Fahrenheit. Not one degree; multiple.

25% of the world's global warming has been caused by methane release by human civilization. It's not just carbon dioxide. Also, the arctic circle is a massive methane trap, and methane is a much stronger greenhouse gas than CO2. Good luck with that one.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2785/u...ic-permafrost/

I suspect that very little UV reaches the arctic; it gets blocked when the Sun is at a low elevation. I'm not clear how much cloud cover is an issue up there. Possibly not much.

If somebody is getting paid to produce these effects, I don't think it's the scientists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies