U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM

24,283 posts, read 12,046,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Your imaginary toys run on imaginary fossil fuels.
Uh huh. And your imaginary beliefs no one else agrees with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM

7,234 posts, read 2,653,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
My plane needs jet fuel. It doesn’t run on liberal rhetoric.
When are you going to stop crowing about your damn plane. Its arrogant and no body cares.

Old Today, 01:36 AM

7,377 posts, read 6,654,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
When are you going to stop crowing about your damn plane. Its arrogant and no body cares.

I didn't think anyone actually believed that there really is a plane. I think he was simply being facetious and joking around. It's just "internet talk" from faceless strangers when there's no evidence, no verifiable photographs to back up the talk. Anyone who has a real plane wouldn't talk about it that way anyway. Maybe he has one of those whimsical little battery operated toy model planes that hobbyists like to play with, but not a real plane.

Old Today, 03:25 AM

1,482 posts, read 352,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why would I waste my time refuting BS?
Weak~Sause! You should rush up to Greenland now to witness the massive melt off....eer, RE FREEZING of the sensational heat wave!

Old Today, 03:43 AM

34,524 posts, read 41,678,804 times
Bottom line ? the globe is on fire and heating up to a point that some places are becoming uninhabitable along with artic ice melt its only going to get worse,solution seems to be drastic reduction in our use of fossil fuels.

Old Today, 03:58 AM

1,482 posts, read 352,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Bottom line ? the globe is on fire and heating up to a point that some places are becoming uninhabitable along with artic ice melt its only going to get worse,solution seems to be drastic reduction in our use of fossil fuels.
OMG we're all gonna DIE!!!!1!!1!!!

Old Today, 04:09 AM

21,698 posts, read 11,691,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Climate denier Tony Heller alias Steven Goddard's opinions do not count....Show me something credible then I'll listen.
“Climate Denier”?

How about heretic? That term worked well for the fanatics in the 15th century, should work for your kind today.

Old Today, 04:12 AM

21,698 posts, read 11,691,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Are you cracked? Do you have any idea of what would happen to the world economy? War on unimaginable scale, mass starvation. Get real.

Old Today, 05:43 AM

30,548 posts, read 20,183,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
A few points here:

The topic of this thread has to do with the Arctic circle, not the entire world.

A reduction of ice albedo in the Arctic region has a much greater effect on climate compared to the rest of the planet. Thus, climate changes get amplified in this region, and the temperature has risen 3-4 degrees Celsius since the 1950s; that's 5 to 7 Fahrenheit. Not one degree; multiple.

25% of the world's global warming has been caused by methane release by human civilization. It's not just carbon dioxide. Also, the arctic circle is a massive methane trap, and methane is a much stronger greenhouse gas than CO2. Good luck with that one.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2785/u...ic-permafrost/

I suspect that very little UV reaches the arctic; it gets blocked when the Sun is at a low elevation. I'm not clear how much cloud cover is an issue up there. Possibly not much.

If somebody is getting paid to produce these effects, I don't think it's the scientists.

It's not, but Ozone is.

https://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/facts/hole.html

Also, check your math professor.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/monitoring...ion=watervapor

H2O is by far the most influential greenhouse gas. Methane is just 10% of the non-water vapor greenhouse gasses. In other words, it's a small fraction of a tiny fraction.

Old Today, 05:51 AM

38,486 posts, read 15,081,662 times
Liberals are tricky people.

Many U.S. liberals live in the colder areas of the country. Naturally, it would be nicer if it was warmer.

By using reverse psychology, they've tricked the conservatives into helping out.

The liberals that live along the coasts are wondering if this is a good idea, but the liberals in say Duluth, MN are probably okay with it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies