U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 09:48 AM

9,536 posts, read 4,365,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Gingrich and Herman Cain had their debates in my community in suburban Houston in 2012. During the 2016 election cycle, about a mile away from where those debates were held, a guy had a Trump/Pence sign on the lawn of his good sized corner lot. At least twice, but it might have been three times, someone in a 4x4 with oversized tires (you could see the tire trail on the lawn each time) went off the road, over a ditch, across the lawn, and flattened the sign. Eventually the guy had the sign put up hanging from a probably 40+ year old tree in that yard probably 25+ feet off the ground so that it would be out of reach. The sign was then safe until he took it down (well after the election, IIRC). The clubhouse for The Woodlands Country Club Tournament Course (where an event on the Senior Tour is held every year) is between the debate location and the Trump/Pence sign guy’s house.
Indeed there are a bunch of articles and even videos of nuts with TDS doing crazy things. I think a woman was recently arrested for doing what you describe, but her car got stuck in the yard and she was arrested.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 04:43 PM

4,172 posts, read 1,075,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
This is nuts. Do you honestly think that wearing Harley-Davidson, Cat Diesel Power, Peterbilt, Kenworth, or Chevrolet/Ford/Honda gear is going to get anybody beat up?

This thread was started on the issue of somebody wearing a MAGA hat who got beat up. I stated that that should not have happened, and that if people don't want it to happen in the future, just don't wear clothing that advertises your political stance. Wear something else. I gave examples.

So wear your MAGA hats, and fight Lib-Tards, fight Antifa, fight whoever. I don't care. Just know that if you do not advertise your politics, nobody will be inviting you to a fight.

Let me get this straight......
Out of fear of getting beaten to a pulp for wearing a crucifix I should hide it?

There is nothing worse than standing by and doing nothing.......................

Old 08-10-2019, 09:25 PM

64 posts, read 8,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Can we get a sticky for all the aggrieved Trump supporters who are attacked wearing their stupid red hats?

I am not a political person by any means. However, you obviously have no mentality to put yourself in the other person's shoes, so to speak. The man wearing a red 'MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN' hat has the right to wear that hat regardless if you agree with it or not. Just like anybody that wore a 'CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN' t shirt has/had the right to wear regardless if you like it or not. Nobody should be degraded, attacked, beaten or abused because of their political opinion and to mock someone who was attacked is very cold, regardless of who they are and what their beliefs are.

It seems that every year in this country more people become intolerant of anybody and everybody that doesn't completely agree with their own beliefs. Whatever happened to "I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend your right to have your own opinion"? A lot of "politically active" people need to learn tolerance - for beliefs and people different from their own, on both sides of the political spectrum (but particularly the far left liberals and far right conservatives).

To make fun and mock anybody because of harm they face for their gender, religion, sexuality, nationality/skin color, or political beliefs is disgusting and quite frankly narcissistic. Put yourself in their shoes and think of how you would feel. A lot of adults and teens need to grow up and learn that life is not always about their wants and needs, there are other people too.

Old 08-10-2019, 09:31 PM

7,569 posts, read 2,717,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Oh please. So we've come to the point in this free country that you are not even free to wear a hat? Stop making excuses for the wrong side.

The Left loves promoting LGBTQ wearing anything or sometimes nothing while parading through communities but yet when someone decides to wear a hat, they beat people up. Intolerant Leftist hypocrites.
Go to an NFL game and wear a jersey of the opposing team. Somedays nothing happens. Somedays you may get killed. Literally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies