U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 05:48 AM

21,801 posts, read 14,503,998 times

Advertisements

Freedom of speech can have consequences. No one is stopping you from attaching a Confederate flag to your vehicle and driving thru the inner city, but don't cry foul if your windows get smashed in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 05:50 AM

21,801 posts, read 14,503,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
There were tons of people wearing Obama gear back in 2008 and some of the following years. Even teachers wore Obama gear to class at the school I teach at.

I never once heard anyone getting beat up or threatened over it. I never once heard a single person say that those wearing Obama shirts should be silenced.
But President Obama did not say racist things, and did not inspire hatred and division in the country.

How is this hard to understand in 2019?

Old 08-02-2019, 05:51 AM

23,704 posts, read 12,513,494 times
No doubt this is disgusting and unacceptable.

I hope they catch the kids.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:53 AM

17,915 posts, read 11,360,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A bunch of teen agers don't represent a party. Trump is an unpleasant person, and lot of people don't like him. Red-coats in US were unpleasant, and people didn't like them either.
Yep. Plus, those stupid red hats are like waving a red flag in front of a bull. The person wearing one is simply looking to get in other people's faces, and , of course, some people are going to react. It would be as if I put on a ball cap that said "Trump sucks !" It would be about 5 minutes before someone would be calling me out on it.

Those red hats were designed to do one thing, and that is to divide this country even more.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:54 AM

11,918 posts, read 9,466,543 times
This is what happens when a politician tells his voters to punch people in the face and that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue.

Talk tough so now his voters have to act tough at all times.

They should be able to were a hat or a shirt but when you like a violent trash talker you become a target.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:57 AM

1,809 posts, read 361,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
This is what happens when a politician tells his voters to punch people in the face and that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue.

Talk tough so now his voters have to act tough at all times.

They should be able to were a hat or a shirt but when you like a violent trash talker you become a target.
No, it's what happens after a President says "don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Did these kids look like Obama's sons?

Old 08-02-2019, 05:58 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,187,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
right. letting terrorists win is always a wise strategy.
But that guy who got beat turning out to be a ninja sure would have been awesome.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:05 AM
Status: "Make sure you include me in your manifesto" (set 15 days ago)

8,317 posts, read 3,251,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
This is nuts. Do you honestly think that wearing Harley-Davidson, Cat Diesel Power, Peterbilt, Kenworth, or Chevrolet/Ford/Honda gear is going to get anybody beat up?

This thread was started on the issue of somebody wearing a MAGA hat who got beat up. I stated that that should not have happened, and that if people don't want it to happen in the future, just don't wear clothing that advertises your political stance. Wear something else. I gave examples.

So wear your MAGA hats, and fight Lib-Tards, fight Antifa, fight whoever. I don't care. Just know that if you do not advertise your politics, nobody will be inviting you to a fight.
When people were wearing Obama and later Hillary shirts and hats and not getting beat up I never thought people would start getting beat up for wearing republican politician hats. Slippery slopes take us all sorts of places we honestly never thought we'd go.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:07 AM

12,885 posts, read 4,356,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...ring-maga-hat/

Sad. What ever happened to the party of "tolerance"?
There is no party of tolerance, obviously.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:38 AM

12,213 posts, read 6,784,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
No, he should not have been beaten up, but I've learned my lesson NOT to advertise my political views in public.

Been almost run off the road twice. First time for having a Kerry sticker on my car. Teenagers. Last time was worse. Daughter was driving with me and her two toddler sons in the car. She had a Bernie for President and Ok, then Hillary stickers on her car.

A woman with Trump stickers all over her car almost went into us, screaming obscenities , and giving us the finger. Want to kill babies too, woman? Both instances were in NY.

No more political stickers. Too many crazies out there. Both sides, people. Let your fingers do the talking with your vote. Nobody will know.
The problem isn't political expression, it is the crazies. That is what we need to address. Why do so many people feel so entitled that others must think like they do.

Why do some people have the mind of an angry bovine to attack a red hat, instead of that of a human with the ability to think and reason and respect another human being's autonomy.

We certainly don't give in to that dysfunction as it only empowers those with animal-brain to believe they are right and that violence is the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies