U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 07:00 AM

5,751 posts, read 2,994,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
But President Obama did not say racist things, and did not inspire hatred and division in the country.

How is this hard to understand in 2019?
Try again? Obama said more racist things than Trump has ever had and he most certainly caused a lot of racial divide in his eight years. He only appeared to you Leftists as not having said racist things because your Leftist media never portrayed them as racist like they have with Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 07:08 AM

14,369 posts, read 15,221,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
So why are the leaders of the Democrats silent on the issue? Shouldn't they be denouncing such violence? Shouldn't the media be writing up editorials against such violence?
notgonnahappen.com

Old 08-02-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
No, you can wear a hat as much as you like. Just be aware that some might not like its message. That's all.
Well, that's essentially the same as not being able to wear it because of the threat of violence from the Left.

Quote:
Did you not see where I said that the man should not have been attacked? I don't care what his cap says, he should not have been attacked. If his cap said, "Democrats Rule and Republicans Drool," I would say the same thing. If he was attacked by Republicans for wearing such a cap, I'd feel the same way: you do not physically attack a person for their political views. My point was, do not advertise your political views; and therefore, avoid any violence.
Except your scenario rarely if ever happens. Show me documented occurrences of where Republicans attacked Democrats for their wearing or displaying of Democratic symbols?

Quote:
Nobody so far has mentioned anything about LGBTQ, and I'm unsure why you bring it up.
I brought up LGBTQ as an example of a Leftists group that are free to express themselves and the Left demands everyone to accept them but on the flip side, the same Leftists won't extend that freedom to their political opponents. I could use muslims and their hijabs, burkas, etc. as another example.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:19 AM

14,341 posts, read 6,201,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
It's almost like someone is promoting and inciting violence.

I can't quite put my finger on it.... Oh wait.

Will he be defending them in court, as promised? Or does his ****e hat that is gibberish negate that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIs2L2nUL-0
Oh please! He’s not helpful, but this is ALL on the Resistence. And why the heck are Canadians even concerning themselves about it? I don’t care what you think about this issue. You guys won’t even fight for free speech in your own country.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:32 AM

21,822 posts, read 14,512,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Try again? Obama said more racist things than Trump has ever had and he most certainly caused a lot of racial divide in his eight years. He only appeared to you Leftists as not having said racist things because your Leftist media never portrayed them as racist like they have with Trump.
This is what Kellyanne Conway referred to as "alternative facts"......

Old 08-02-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is what Kellyanne Conway referred to as "alternative facts"......
Only to Leftists that have been brainwashed by the Leftist media.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:40 AM

21,822 posts, read 14,512,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Only to Leftists that have been brainwashed by the Leftist media.
You've proven my point. Thank you.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:43 AM
TKO

3,209 posts, read 3,166,925 times
Nobody gets beat up for wearing a maga hat in Russia.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:51 AM

4,516 posts, read 1,932,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
No, you can wear a hat as much as you like. Just be aware that some might not like its message. That's all.

Did you not see where I said that the man should not have been attacked? I don't care what his cap says, he should not have been attacked. If his cap said, "Democrats Rule and Republicans Drool," I would say the same thing. If he was attacked by Republicans for wearing such a cap, I'd feel the same way: you do not physically attack a person for their political views. My point was, do not advertise your political views; and therefore, avoid any violence.

Nobody so far has mentioned anything about LGBTQ, and I'm unsure why you bring it up.
I agree, nobody should be physically attacked for wearing their politics. I do think we mustn't let this movement get too out of hand. I think there are enough MAGA's to cause some serious trouble so they do need to be monitored and contained.

When people suppress feelings, they come out in weird ways as in the poster you are responding talking about naked men. We should feel bad and hope the desire never turns to violence...

Old 08-02-2019, 08:19 AM

9,519 posts, read 4,357,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
It is almost at this point that one should not bother wearing a MAGA hat with incidents like these.

Then the nazi tactics win. That is one of the reasons they do it.

I don't wear hats nor my politics on my sleeve.
However I am tempted to get and wear a MAGA hat just to see if the punks would try to mess with someone capable of fighting back and hurting them.
Sure, if a pack of them were around, they would attack anyone, as cowards get brave in numbers. But many of these punks have been videoed attacking elderly, women, and smaller people.

As an FYI, I feel the same way about anyone that might be wearing a Hillary hat, tee shirt or, bumper sticker. The difference is very few attacks were/are happening to them, vs. all the attacks against Trump supporters.
Just like you can wear a hat of the visiting team and cheer for them, so to should you be able to wear a hat of your political party and not be molested for it.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies