U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 10:22 AM

4,516 posts, read 1,932,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What about left wing extremism?

You can't talk about one without talking about the other or you lose all credibility.
Sorry, right wing violent terrorism is a bigger problem in the US than left wing extremism. That is a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 10:28 AM

12,226 posts, read 6,788,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Kentucky Man Punches Anti-Trump Protester Several Times in the Face, Crowd Chants 'Lock Him Up'

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-ohio-...innati-1452260
Why, then it seems those protesters should know how triggering their actions are to some, and understand if they want to protest this kind of thing will happen. They are asking for it. They could just choose not to protest and they would not be assaulted.

lol.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:41 AM

6,541 posts, read 3,648,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
There were tons of people wearing Obama gear back in 2008 and some of the following years. Even teachers wore Obama gear to class at the school I teach at.

I never once heard anyone getting beat up or threatened over it. I never once heard a single person say that those wearing Obama shirts should be silenced.

Back in 2016 an extreme libertarian kid who I don't think even liked Trump but just likes triggering students and adults alike wore a MAGA hat around on days where the seniors could wear hats and there were multitudes of adults and students triggered by it that wanted his hat banned.
Really? I worked Public Schools in both NY and Florida. No staff, or student, was allowed to wear campaign buttons, or campaign clothing, inside the school building. Staff could put bumper stickers on their cars but that was it. No way to know whose car was whose and their support of a candidate.

I will repeat. Violence against another person because of their support of a different political party candidate cannot and should not be tolerated.As a Democrat who despises Donald Trump, I do not condone attacking those wearing MAGA hats, or Hillary, Sanders,Biden, etc. This is not AMERICA in my book. Use your VOTE instead.

Last edited by Jo48; 08-02-2019 at 10:52 AM..

Old 08-02-2019, 11:04 AM

12,368 posts, read 3,352,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Same philosophy, just packaged differently.

Why do you think the typical person has political bumper stickers, yard signs, hats and the like?
Even though I never have any of those things by choice, I suspect the reason most people that do is because they want others to see it, and maybe be influenced to vote the same.
The irony is MAGA hats do not even have Trumps name on them, and the saying Make America Great Again is a positive message regardless of what politician or party uses it.
Trump is not the first to adopt the saying, and undoubtedly will not be the last into the future.

Regardless, don't imply that the leftist are the same as the conservatives when it comes to attacking people. So few liberals have been attacked, you have people trying to create false flags like Smolett saying he was attacked.

Either side can have punks or violent nuts, but the majority of political attacks are against people with Trump/Republican road signs, bumper stickers, apparel, etc.

`
Gingrich and Herman Cain had their debates in my community in suburban Houston in 2012. During the 2016 election cycle, about a mile away from where those debates were held, a guy had a Trump/Pence sign on the lawn of his good sized corner lot. At least twice, but it might have been three times, someone in a 4x4 with oversized tires (you could see the tire trail on the lawn each time) went off the road, over a ditch, across the lawn, and flattened the sign. Eventually the guy had the sign put up hanging from a probably 40+ year old tree in that yard probably 25+ feet off the ground so that it would be out of reach. The sign was then safe until he took it down (well after the election, IIRC). The clubhouse for The Woodlands Country Club Tournament Course (where an event on the Senior Tour is held every year) is between the debate location and the Trump/Pence sign guy’s house.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:12 AM

12,368 posts, read 3,352,708 times
This might not have happened had the MAGA hat guy been walking down the street in a location where the perpetrators had a reasonable fear that the MAGA hat guy might have been packing.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:15 AM

21,313 posts, read 10,278,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Sorry, right wing violent terrorism is a bigger problem in the US than left wing extremism. That is a fact.
I'm always up for facts! Can you provide links to the data?

Thanks.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:17 AM

74 posts, read 49,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
This might not have happened had the MAGA hat guy been walking down the street in a location where the perpetrators had a reasonable fear that the MAGA hat guy might have been packing.
Just a matter of time before one of these basement dwellers gets dropped in their tracks when they attack the wrong person.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:05 PM

12,369 posts, read 7,046,035 times
Minority man beaten up by "kids" for wearing his MAGA hat....crickets from mainstream publications or news outlets.

Man hits trump protester, front page news of the WaPo, among other mainstream publications.

aren't both behaviors equally wrong? Yet, one story is pushed and one is ignored. reason number 565743894757 why I don't trust the press.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:07 PM

27,510 posts, read 19,342,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Minority man beaten up by "kids" for wearing his MAGA hat....crickets from mainstream publications or news outlets.

Man hits trump protester, front page news of the WaPo, among other mainstream publications.

aren't both behaviors equally wrong? Yet, one story is pushed and one is ignored. reason number 565743894757 why I don't trust the press.
yep. you're not the only one noticing this.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:53 PM

5,077 posts, read 1,000,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

What is Reason #1?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies