U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 05:55 PM

6,936 posts, read 3,861,053 times

Advertisements

He might be lying. Trump is a pathological liar, so.... it has to be considered as a possibility. Unless there's video of it, I wouldn't believe it.

Verify, verify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 06:04 PM

7,181 posts, read 4,064,871 times
No one should be beat up because of their hat or their opinion. Period. Either side.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:55 PM

21,799 posts, read 14,500,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm always up for facts! Can you provide links to the data?

Thanks.
Sure, I'd be happy to help.

https://www.adl.org/sites/default/fi...rrorism_V5.pdf

Old 08-02-2019, 07:19 PM

67,138 posts, read 34,170,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by End Game View Post
I do believe that will give another boost to Trump's campaign.

The exact reason, we in Texas Conceal Carry.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:54 PM

11,162 posts, read 10,292,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Freedom of speech can have consequences. No one is stopping you from attaching a Confederate flag to your vehicle and driving thru the inner city, but don't cry foul if your windows get smashed in the process.
This is troublesome that some people think this way.

Yes, freedom of speech can have consequences. And as long as the consequences are legal, I have no problem with that. You wont find me crying foul.

When you start telling people that freedom of speech should be expected to bring on illegal consequences, like assault or vandalism, that is barbaric.

People SHOULD “cry foul” when others commit illegal acts against them. And the rest of us should too, whether it is a person being beat up for wearing a MAGA hat, or a person beat up for being gay.

If you think it is okay for people to smash in car windows over politics, then you and I live in completely different worlds.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:13 PM

21,799 posts, read 14,500,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
This is troublesome that some people think this way.

Yes, freedom of speech can have consequences. And as long as the consequences are legal, I have no problem with that. You wont find me crying foul.

When you start telling people that freedom of speech should be expected to bring on illegal consequences, like assault or vandalism, that is barbaric.

People SHOULD “cry foul” when others commit illegal acts against them. And the rest of us should too, whether it is a person being beat up for wearing a MAGA hat, or a person beat up for being gay.

If you think it is okay for people to smash in car windows over politics, then you and I live in completely different worlds.
Oh please, where did I ever say I thought it was okay? Where have I ever advocated for violence against anyone?

I am talking about the real world here, not the fantasy world where Donald Trump is not a racist, that he is a brilliant businessman and is doing a great job as President. That is all as much a fantasy as me being able to don a white robe and white hood and walk down to the projects and say "Hey, its my freedom of speech!" and not expect to get the **** kicked out of me.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:54 PM

27,034 posts, read 11,352,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Oh please, where did I ever say I thought it was okay? Where have I ever advocated for violence against anyone?

I am talking about the real world here, not the fantasy world where Donald Trump is not a racist, that he is a brilliant businessman and is doing a great job as President. That is all as much a fantasy as me being able to don a white robe and white hood and walk down to the projects and say "Hey, its my freedom of speech!" and not expect to get the **** kicked out of me.
As soon as you say Trump is racist, you loose all credibility. Your example is garbage.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:00 AM

23,529 posts, read 11,659,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
As soon as you say Trump is racist, you loose all credibility. Your example is garbage.
Why would labeling Trump a racist make someone lose credibility. At worst, that is a difference of opinion, at best, you are being naive and simply unwilling to label him one because he doesnt pass your arbitrary test of "racist"

I think someone of you define racist as having to say point blank you hate other races, and that just doesnt happen in 2019. Even most racist arent that stupid.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:07 AM

39,743 posts, read 48,114,656 times
A year from now we'll be reading about repulsivegans beating up Biden supporters, keying cars with Biden stickers.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:34 AM

3,119 posts, read 974,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
A year from now we'll be reading about repulsivegans beating up Biden supporters, keying cars with Biden stickers.
User name check out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies