Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 03:35 AM

4,898 posts, read 2,052,348 times

Advertisements

I can see it happening, very soon, individuals wearing MAGA hats setting up Leftist and baiting them into an @zz kicking. I don't see Trump supporters laying down much longer and I'm just afraid that when they have had enough of being attacked, they will refuse to turn the other cheek and dish out some justice... Which will cause the Left to claim the status of being the victim. Regardless that they started all this violence in the first place.

Seriously, who would you fear more in a street fight. An unemployed basement dweller beta male who still lives with mommy and wears skinny jeans or some God fearing combat veteran who works 10 hours a day and owns several 9mm pistols?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 04:30 AM

17,614 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Default More Left Wing Violence: Trump Fan Says He Was Attacked in NYC for Wearing MAGA Hat

Quote:
Caution is always in order with a claim of hit-and-run political violence, as attention-seekers have been known to fabricate such things for their own personal or ideological reasons. As I’m sure you know.

This guy, however, is clearly not fabricating his injury unless he’s a Hollywood-caliber FX artist. “Gruesome” isn’t too strong a word to describe that eye.

He says he was targeted by a group of teenagers shouting “f*** Trump” at him.
Link: https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...ring-maga-hat/

Sad. What ever happened to the party of "tolerance"?

Old 08-02-2019, 05:02 AM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
No, he should not have been beaten up, but I've learned my lesson NOT to advertise my political views in public.

Been almost run off the road twice. First time for having a Kerry sticker on my car. Teenagers. Last time was worse. Daughter was driving with me and her two toddler sons in the car. She had a Bernie for President and Ok, then Hillary stickers on her car.

A woman with Trump stickers all over her car almost went into us, screaming obscenities , and giving us the finger. Want to kill babies too, woman? Both instances were in NY.

No more political stickers. Too many crazies out there. Both sides, people. Let your fingers do the talking with your vote. Nobody will know.

Last edited by Jo48; 08-02-2019 at 05:14 AM..

Old 08-02-2019, 05:13 AM

5,167 posts, read 4,938,673 times
So why are the leaders of the Democrats silent on the issue? Shouldn't they be denouncing such violence? Shouldn't the media be writing up editorials against such violence?

Old 08-02-2019, 05:24 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by End Game View Post
I do believe that will give another boost to Trump's campaign.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1157004845842350082
The Brown Shirts are at it again. Maybe ANTIFA will go around beating up all the fascists that attack people with MAGA hats.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:33 AM

5,651 posts, read 6,206,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Too many crazies out there. Both sides, people.
^^^ This. I used to enjoy this board, now not so much. In large part because every single time someone gets attacked for his or her political views then it is posted as an example that ALL people on the right or ALL people on the left do this and that this is an example of why every single person on one side of the spectrum is wrong about absolutely everything.

These incidents are WRONG, whether they be against people on the right or people on the left. Period. But neither does a single action by a single person (or group of individuals as in this case) mean that every other person that votes that way would resort to violence. These are terrible incidents but how on earth did our discourse get to a point that we take these and then ascribe that behavior to everyone of a particular political viewpoint?

As Jo48 said, both sides. It truly saddens me and is one of the scariest and most unfortunate features of the current political climate.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:41 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,694,459 times
So I'm supposed to not wear my MAGA hat for fear of get attacked? That ain't happening. I'm above average size with skills.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:42 AM

5,651 posts, read 6,206,522 times
Anyone should be able to wear a MAGA hat - or a pro-choice hat - without fear of being attacked.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:47 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
I agree with those who say that the man should not be beaten up for wearing a MAGA cap. It is his right to do so.

That said, why do people insist on displaying their politics on their clothing? Display your sports allegiance, display your workplace, display your like of motorcycles or heavy equipment or automotive brands, but if you don't want to run afoul of either side of the political divide (and people on both sides who are looking to beat somebody up), then keep your politics off your clothing. And when you vote, vote however you like.

Don't wear a MAGA cap, and you can still vote for Trump. It's that easy.

There were tons of people wearing Obama gear back in 2008 and some of the following years. Even teachers wore Obama gear to class at the school I teach at.

I never once heard anyone getting beat up or threatened over it. I never once heard a single person say that those wearing Obama shirts should be silenced.

Back in 2016 an extreme libertarian kid who I don't think even liked Trump but just likes triggering students and adults alike wore a MAGA hat around on days where the seniors could wear hats and there were multitudes of adults and students triggered by it that wanted his hat banned.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:47 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...ring-maga-hat/

Sad. What ever happened to the party of "tolerance"?
A bunch of teen agers don't represent a party. Trump is an unpleasant person, and lot of people don't like him. Red-coats in US were unpleasant, and people didn't like them either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies