U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 10:47 AM

11,172 posts, read 4,920,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
so why do liberals prefer McCain to Trump?

Hard to find a bigger hawk than McCain...
I don't know for sure, since I agree he was an even bigger hawk, but perhaps they thought he carried himself more diplomatically, which would prevent the possibility of a war breaking out due to rash aggression.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 10:51 AM

7,962 posts, read 4,101,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I don't know for sure, since I agree he was an even bigger hawk, but perhaps they thought he carried himself more diplomatically, which would prevent the possibility of a war breaking out due to rash aggression.
mccain was anything but diplomatic. known for being a hothead.

seems like if your party truly opposed war, you wouldn't assert Russia interfered in our elections. i don't think that has helped our relationship with Russia and I don't think there is any evidence of it.

Obama/Hillary's war in Libya doesn't seem like a dovish foreign policy.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:57 AM

66,808 posts, read 30,541,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Most normal Democrats aren't the ones foaming at the mouths to go to war, nor are they usually the ones who tend to defend cops that unjustly inflict violence on civilians.
You're mistaken in that assumption. Click on the link at the following to watch the animation of the time line:

American Leadership and War

Old 08-03-2019, 11:06 AM

9,722 posts, read 5,439,158 times
Quote:
Ok so why don't you tell pro choice people to stop calling pro life males sexist on the basis that they oppose abortion?

Abortion is also murder. Pointing that out isn't political. It is #Science.
You don't quite understand my point.... Sheesh

There is a certain amount of maturity to realize the real issues and not resort to generalizations and name calling. You take the higher ground and ignore the rest. Make generalizations.. I Called you out on it... But i didn't respondwith generalizatiionsof my own. It is called being an adult. Kids do that... Adults don't... Or shouldn't.

You started the thread based on such generalizations... You are no better.... Don't like being called out, don't put such things on the table for discussion.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:11 AM

I see you claim you called me out but I don't see any evidence that you are right.

What names did I call people?

Old 08-03-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I see you claim you called me out but I don't see any evidence that you are right.
I am not stating a stance... I simplely pointed out the flaw in your post.

If the other side would make such generalizations... I would have called them out the same.

Let me simplify... Your mistake wasn't pro life or pro choice question, it was building a rant or argument based on generalizations. That is what I am calling you out on...

Its like my 6 year olds that can't resolve an difference resorting to name calling instead of being able to discuss. Then when I call one out on their behavior they respond with "he called me names first...". Wah. Don't be a snowflake.. Be and adult.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:16 AM

In my view, you are using vague empty rhetoric.

My points have been specific. I pointed out many pro choice people characterize pro life males as sexist male pigs. I didn't say all pro choice people do this so it isn't a generalization.

I observed that the boyfriend killer is pro abortion and a male pig. Nobody can credibly argue he respects women if he killed his girlfriend.

This contradicts the left's narrative about who respects women in the abortion debate.

As I pointed out previously, I would not be discussing this story from this angle if not for many people on the left trying to paint pro life males as sexists.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
In my view, you are using vague empty rhetoric.

My points have been specific. I pointed out many pro choice people characterize pro life males as sexist male pigs.
Funny. This is a primary example of empty rhetoric.

There are male sexist pigs on both camps.... But you only address the one side that is convenient to your rhetoric.

Wasn't there a GOP pro-lifer representative that pushed for his mistress to get an abortion?

This unfortunate event is the actions of a murderer... No more no less. People like that generally have difficulties sticking to their convictions much like Rep Murphy. Politicizing this is a reflection of you

Old 08-03-2019, 11:32 AM

it is crazy how this thread blew up after being dormant for a day or so.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Funny. This is a primary example of empty rhetoric.

There are male sexist pigs on both camps.... But you only address the one side that is convenient to your rhetoric.

Wasn't there a GOP pro-lifer representative that pushed for his mistress to get an abortion?

This unfortunate event is the actions of a murderer... No more no less. People like that generally have difficulties sticking to their convictions much like Rep Murphy. Politicizing this is a reflection of you
i never said there are no pro lifers who disrespect women.

SO you are debating strawman argumentats that you built.

And again, a pro life hypocrite is not pro life. Pro life is a conviction that a true pro lifer does not waiver on.

You cannot have an abortion or push a woman to have an abortion and be pro life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or