U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM

9,716 posts, read 5,432,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
i never said there are no pro lifers who disrespect women.

SO you are debating strawman argumentats that you built.

And again, a pro life hypocrite is not pro life. Pro life is a conviction that you don't waiver on.

You cannot have an abortion and be pro life.
If you are believer that abortion is murder, then reexamine your behavior.

A mother lost her life.... Murdered

A baby lost its life.... Murdered.

You marginalize it by politicizing this tragic loss.

As far as I am concerned you are a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM

7,948 posts, read 4,089,624 times
That's like saying Lincoln and the other abolitionists politicized slavery when they spoke out against it.

Abortion is a political issue so by your logic I can never talk about it.

I have not marginalized the death of the mother or the baby....that's a smear rooted in your support of abortion.

it doesn't make any sense to argue a pro life person marginalizes the life of a mother and her baby.

the reason I posted this is b/c it deeply disturbs me.

Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM

9,716 posts, read 5,432,611 times
Quote:
That's like saying Lincoln and the other abolitionists politicized slavery when they spoke out against it.

Abortion is a political issue so by your logic I can never talk about it.
Speaking out against a social issue as slaveryis not the same as resorting to generalizations to make a political point.

Now if you said all abolitionists a re pigs and sexist.. Thats a different story.. Oh wait.. You did exactly that.

A real person who truly believes that a fetus is a person would not resort to such things...

Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Speaking out against a social issue as slaveryis not the same as resorting to generalizations to make a political point.

Now if you said all abolitionists a re pigs and sexist.. Thats a different story.. Oh wait.. You did exactly that.
I was responding to a false generalization used by many people on the left, that pro life males are sexists.

Pointing out this boyfriend killer contradicts a common generalization used many people on the left is not a generalization on my part. You can't say the killer was pro life or that he respected women.

anyway this is going in circles.

I will post more info on this killer as it become available even if it turns out he didnt kill her or he had another motive other than he didn't want a kid.

Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM

2,473 posts, read 1,793,404 times
Quote:
Being pro choice and looking out for yourself at not mutually exclusive.... That's the point that I'm making. If he supports abortion for himself, then he's not pro life.

That many pro choice males are pro choice because they want to have casual sex without the risk of dealing with a kid.
The actions of many “pro-life” criminals disputes this, look up Eric Robert Rudolph if you have time. I’d like to note that you’ve ignored/sidestepped/danced around the victim’s proven actions while having a laser like focus on “male pro-choice pigs” and “the left”.

Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM

It seems to me you are eager to beat up on the victim.

I don't think anything has been proven yet and it doesn't seem likely he kills her if she was on the same page as him. They had a conflict.

Even if she didn't want the baby to survive, that would not refute the point that I've made regarding the boyfriend and the left's narrative on males in the abortion debate.

All I need for my point to hold up is he pushed for her to have an abortion.

Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM

5,685 posts, read 4,912,127 times
I believe that a court should decide whether an abortion is appropriate . and if the fetus is given for adoption the mother gives up all future rights. it is irreversible.
The problem with the current system is that girls are using abortion as their form of contraception .
This is out right abuse .
Secondly , men that do not take responsibility should be sterilized.

Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM

2,473 posts, read 1,793,404 times
Quote:
It seems to me you are eager to beat up on the victim.

I don't think anything has been proven yet and it doesn't seem likely he kills her if she was on the same page as him. They had a conflict.

Even if she didn't want the baby to survive, that would not refute the point that I've made regarding the boyfriend and the left's narrative on males in the abortion debate.

All I need for my point to hold up is he pushed for her to have an abortion.
Not really, I, unlike you, like to look at the entire picture, I know, that’s crazy right?
“Male Pigs”, how am I supposed to take you seriously? and you’ve still provided zero proof, amazing.

Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM

11,172 posts, read 4,917,798 times
Quote:
mccain was anything but diplomatic. known for being a hothead.

seems like if your party truly opposed war, you wouldn't assert Russia interfered in our elections. i don't think that has helped our relationship with Russia and I don't think there is any evidence of it.

Obama/Hillary's war in Libya doesn't seem like a dovish foreign policy.
Ah yes, establishment Dems. They're a slimey lot, just like establishment Reps.

Honestly I'm super liberal, my friends/family are even more so, and we cannot stand the nonsense that Dem politicians pull. I don't know anyone who doesn't think AOC is insane, or who thinks the Russia drama should've been dragged out as long as it was. Trump won, Dem politicians need to get over it and work WITH him to make the country a safer and happier place for everyone.

To be fair, I think conservatives are unfairly stereotyped as well. The politicians seem to all be religious zealots, but the real people conservatives I know are nothing like that. They just want to not have illegals infesting the country and they want to just live their lives minding their own business.

Sorry for getting off topic in your thread btw...just saying that I think regular people on both sides are a lot more reasonable than politicians.

And the murderer should get the chair.

Old Today, 03:54 AM

15,192 posts, read 13,499,765 times
Quote:
50 percent of aborted babies are females.

If you care so much about females why support aborting female babies....

that's why calling pro life people sexist doesn't make any sense
Sorry, a fetus, whether male or female, does not have rights that trump those of a fully formed actual person.

As far as this guy being pro-life or pro-choice, labeled a sexist pig or not......none of that tripe has any standing that can override a woman's right to decide if she wants to risk her health, her very life, to carry a pregnancy and give birth.

In other words, your little rant is pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or