U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:56 AM

1,234 posts, read 192,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
OK

Have asylum seekers apply at the US embassy or consulate in their home country.

If their application is approved, THEN they can make the trek to our border, produce the approved paperwork and then they can enter legally.

Seems pretty straightforward.
Good luck with getting any kind of support from the Democrats on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:07 AM

37,193 posts, read 16,503,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Exactly, I finally agree with something that poster proposed on asylum but the Democrats will never go along with it.

Old Today, 07:27 AM

35,400 posts, read 19,403,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

Whaddya talkin' about?

I'm just an old guy on an internet forum.

I don't propose legislation.

Old Today, 07:28 AM

35,400 posts, read 19,403,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly, I finally agree with something that poster proposed on asylum but the Democrats will never go along with it.
Dems?

So, why won't the Pubs do it, then?

Old Today, 07:43 AM

1,234 posts, read 192,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Dems?

So, why won't the Pubs do it, then?
1) you can tell the migrants from central america to apply for safe status in their country or mexico all u want, but that wont stop them walking 2000 miles to US border for asylum....unless Mexico seals off their border with central america.

2) Trump administration has been psuhing for the migrants to apply in Mexico, but that idea meets resistance from the progressive democrats via numerous lawsuits

Old Today, 07:48 AM

9,439 posts, read 4,325,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/archives/karen-to...e-asylum-bill/

So, yet more evidence that the Democrats are totally uninterested in addressing the crisis at the border. We need to fire as many of them as possible if the border has any chance of being fixed. The Republicans need to take control of the House, re-elect Trump, get rid of the legislative filibuster in the Senate, and fix immigration once and for all. Obviously the Democrats have no interest in any solution.
I had a recent debate about Democrats wanting open borders, and at least two left of center posters claimed it is just a (R) talking point.
They say only the left fringe claims to want open borders.

I pointed out virtually all the D's) running for president have said they support measures that would be akin to open borders.
Worse they are saying they support things that will attract even more illegal border crossings. This is not your parents (D) party any longer. Bill Clinton is made to look like a radical conservative by comparison.
While I acknowledged that not all members of Congress do, there were far too many that were sticking to the party line of resisting Trump, instead of doing what was right for the country.
Why?
Because they apparently do not want ti give him victories, thus can say he was running on broken promises.

If they are the reason for blocking such measures, they cannot really be dumb enough to think the general public (nor Trump himself for that matter) wont be pointing out the obstruction as the reason for not getting XYZ done.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or