U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:39 AM

19,485 posts, read 12,336,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I saw that article from Yahoo news mentionned in a blog post on Unz.com.
https://news.yahoo.com/somalia-leade...113828597.html
Great!

Will he take back 70,000 of his former countrymen from Minneapolis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:51 AM

3,271 posts, read 1,722,482 times
Thats cool. I spend nights awake thinking about the Somali president! Good riddance. If he was two feet in front of my face I would have no idea who the hell he is. No great loss!

Old Today, 11:14 AM

5,314 posts, read 4,053,713 times
Somalia has a president? Somalia has a government to have a president?

Old Today, 11:21 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,075,287 times
First the article title is misleading, apparently he initiated the process immediately after Trump was elected, the article's title implies that it was his latest comments that prompted the renunciation.

Second, great of him to take advantage of everything being a US citizen offered and then conveniently renounce it after he was done with it, he and Kapernick should hang out together.

Old Today, 05:09 PM

21,685 posts, read 11,687,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Many prominent people have had dual citizenship.

A number of US politicians have had Israeli citizenship, and Benjamin Netayanhu had US citizenship (raised in Ohio?), which I believe he renounced later to run for the top job in Israel.

One recent leader of one of the Baltic states ( I forget which, possibly Estonia) was a US citizen who went back to his birth country sometime after the country became independent to help them out.

Michelle Bachman was a dual citizen, Ted Cruz was a dual citizen. Both renounced the other citizenship recently when the facts came to light and they received criticism.

The president of Somalia went there from the US to help that wartorn and suffering country get back on it's feet. Good for him.
Is it back in its feet yet? Maybe youíll be taking your family there on vacation?

Old Today, 06:03 PM

4,829 posts, read 950,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great!

Will he take back 70,000 of his former countrymen from Minneapolis?
There is that many in Minneapolis? I thought there was less!

Old Today, 06:05 PM

7,819 posts, read 2,490,580 times
Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
What a disappointment, before reading the link I thought Ilhan Omar had renounced hers!
Of course not! Sheís too busy serving the U.S.

Old Today, 06:15 PM

8,872 posts, read 2,533,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Ok.

Of course not! Sheís too busy serving the U.S.
Serving the US or serving herself and her religion? There is no such thing as a selfless politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or