U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 12:24 PM

14,303 posts, read 6,177,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
Lefties will use this one incident to justify the next dozen beatings of someone wearing a MAGA hat. I see this with my kids. My son does one thing wrong and my daughter brings it up when she does something wrong for the next week.
Yep, exactly what I was thinking. In fact, notice the difference here is that the puncher was actually arrested.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Status: "NEVER try to ride the angriest bull in the pen." (set 3 days ago)

4,122 posts, read 2,151,772 times
Trump simply manipulating the crowd to do his dirty work for him, then denying it.

1. Sensationally scaremonger about crime, Muslims, "nasty women", PC, and so forth.
2. Appeal to personal distaste at certainly developing nations (especially by framing objective facts about admittedly poor countries into a judgment about the country's respect-worthiness - in this case, lack thereof).
3. Keep repeating this until the crowd turns into a hate-filled mob (an old trick of demagogues - use crowd psychology to enhance your message, stoke hatred for political gain).'
4. Deny you had anything to do with it, using the old "bad apples" arguments.

Trump would have made a great 1940s and 50s Deep South governor.

Oh BTW, speaking of s-hole countries -- Ethiopia is planting hundreds of millions of trees, both to repair the ecological damage they've done (taking personal responsibility, right?) and to combat climate change/global warming by having more trees to absorb more CO2 (again, personal responsibility). What has this country done on such a down to earth everyday scale (looking at you, red states. OK, TX has set up a lot of windmills, so I say that counts)?

Old 08-02-2019, 12:49 PM

21,237 posts, read 10,232,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I totally understand why.

Trump is not only furthering the divisions in the country, he is weaponizing and inciting violence by manipulating the emotions of his base and attempting to provoke the left any way he can--legally or illegally. He has formed himself a cult.

As much as the Tea Party, et.al. hated Obama, I don't remember (though I could be wrong) left-wing protesters protesting and confronting the Tea Party protests--of which there were plenty. Nobody bothered to go and fight with or punch them out for insulting Obama.

The Trump protesters seriously seem to take any protest against Trump, extremely personally, like he is them and they are all together. Or, like he is their cult leader and they are his devoted worshipers. Say what you want about Obama--his supporters were not emotionally attached in the way Trumpers are. E.g., those hats have no meaning at this point (MAGA?), but it is now part of their identity.
NO adult should be incited to violence, for God's sake. People are looking for an excuse to behave badly. And so far, it's the people on the far left doing most of this.

I can't stand Trump, was disappointed in Obama, though I voted for him twice, and never once thought of lashing out at anyone.

These people are unhinged. There's no other reason for their behavior. If you're over the age of 3, there's no excuse for tantrums.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:06 PM

72,328 posts, read 84,066,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
Lefties will use this one incident to justify the next dozen beatings of someone wearing a MAGA hat. I see this with my kids. My son does one thing wrong and my daughter brings it up when she does something wrong for the next week.
one instance, one guy does not represent the entire party. I bet we could all spend our time digging up what someone did and make it sound like proof the entire group is BAD Like you say, what your kids do is very typical of what kids do. When adults start posting something and making it sound like the end of the world they start sounding like kids.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:07 PM

17,405 posts, read 8,781,125 times
A crowd nearly kills a maga hat in nyc~ crickets
A maga doofus throws a weak punch, in front of cop, is arrested immediately. OMG, National News worthy of many news cycles and 1000s of comments.

You figure

Old 08-02-2019, 01:07 PM

3,552 posts, read 966,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What really happened not filtered through the deranged WaPo.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/man-...-us-bank-arena

He was the ONLY person arrested at the otherwise MASSIVE and very peaceful event.
I won't be surprised if the 29 year old is actually a paid actor to pretend to be a Trump supporter. I am finding all these stories about Trump supporters with posts on social media attacking people or killing them in mass shootings to be construed, or a set up by the left to try and control a narrative. And to push agendas.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:10 PM

72,328 posts, read 84,066,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra M. View Post
I can't even imagine what it will be like in November of 2020 when Trump loses the Election by a wide margin. Scary times.
Could you explain where you are getting your information and why you think if he loses scary times will be part of the after election scene? It is very unlikely in my opinion he will lose by a huge margin. You notice I said in my opinion which is different than fact. Your post sounds like you think you have some inside information...

Old 08-02-2019, 01:33 PM

13,774 posts, read 7,508,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
That was my first thought too!
Anyhoo how nutso do you have to be to punch a 61 year old?
Respect your elders !

This nutso couldn’t keep his hands to himself. Enraged by a hat on a 67 year old Puerto Rican American. Must have been a racist.

Veteran says he was punched for wearing Trump hat - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay

Old 08-02-2019, 02:48 PM

40,650 posts, read 40,201,368 times
Supporters of X shouldn't be punching supporters of Y and vice versa.

This isn't complicated stuff. People assaulting other people need to be accountable.

Old 08-02-2019, 02:59 PM

30,588 posts, read 20,211,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What really happened not filtered through the deranged WaPo.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/man-...-us-bank-arena

He was the ONLY person arrested at the otherwise MASSIVE and very peaceful event.

Looks staged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies