U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 03:03 PM

3,052 posts, read 1,235,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I have zero problem with him going to jail.

I wonder if he will get more or less time than Eric Clanton.
Should he be found guilty first?

Old 08-02-2019, 03:05 PM

3,052 posts, read 1,235,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
It was funny to see him quickly go into his 1930ís style boxing stance. Like it or not - this man embodies the stereotypical Trump supporter.
That is why his behavior was an outlier as opposed to the norm.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:06 PM

9,283 posts, read 2,851,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
Lefties will use this one incident to justify the next dozen beatings of someone wearing a MAGA hat. I see this with my kids. My son does one thing wrong and my daughter brings it up when she does something wrong for the next week.
Yeah, just this one guy, lol. The denial is strong with this one.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:07 PM

30,588 posts, read 20,211,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Felt's got a point here. The leadership sets the tone of an organization. Same thing for any political (or even nonpolitical) movement. When leaders say or do something even subtly suggesting their opponents are distastefully different (i.e. worthless, not fully human, etc) then somebody in the audience is bound to take it to heart and attack that disfavored group sooner or later. In Trump's case, "knock the crap out of them" - and before that bragging about "standing in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not lose any votes" is a message that says it's ok to be violent against even mildly dissident people. It's part of the dehumanization process. NOBODY is gonna come out and say from the start "Beat and persecute those people". No, the leader sets the stage subtlely - like bullies doing mild bullying to see if their victim will push back. How can anyone - save the most socially clueless - not see this???

Not THIS "leftie", at least, and I'm pretty sure most "lefties" on this board won't condone those attacks. I don't even condone the attack on Richard Spencer (the one who coined the term alt-right in the first place!!) or the Starbucks and Bank of America (that one was done by anarchists, not "lefties" - a different bunch).

OK, then this guy wasn't a Trump supporter...probably an Anarchist.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:11 PM

18,520 posts, read 9,100,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
A crowd nearly kills a maga hat in nyc~ crickets
A maga doofus throws a weak punch, in front of cop, is arrested immediately. OMG, National News worthy of many news cycles and 1000s of comments.

You figure
The OP suffers from huge TDS, and Republican ENVY. lol!

Old 08-02-2019, 05:55 PM

7,163 posts, read 4,056,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I bring it up because Trump used to scream for folks to punch protestors in the face when he was running for President.

When you put that energy out itís surely going to come back to you. Itís not right but this is the cost of doing business with a promoter who will say anything to get his base riled up.

Iíve only been to a few rallies when Obama was running and I never left wanting to punch an Obama detractor.
I have been to a few rallies in my life....Violence never entered my mind. We are on a dangerous course.
Scary times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post

Like I said, and just like with my kids, lefties are going to point at this one for weeks when beating people down for wearing MAGA hats. I guess that's "the cost of business" of having radical leftists in the country. Gotta figure a few ideological beat downs in to the overhead.
You all seem to consider me a "radical Leftist" (I am not, but you all seem to think so) and I think Trump is the worst thing to ever happen to America in years....but I would never resort to violence. I know others who feel like me, who would never result to violence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Not the first time nor will it be the last.

Trump bringing out a lot of hate.
Making America Hate Again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Counties where Trump held a rally showed a 226% increase in hate crimes.

Coincidence? I think not.
Like I said, Making America hate again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustbelt10 View Post
I was hoping the old guy was going to take him out like Indiana Jones when the guy starts waving his sword around.

WTF is wrong with Trump supporters? Why are they angry enough to jump out of a vehicle and assault someone for no reason? I notice that Mr. Badass MAGA went after the 61 year old man like a punk.
I have real issues with this....this guy is 29, and jumps out to fight with a 61 year old man....he is old enough to be this
young man's Father. I am sorry, but this is messed up and disgusting.
Is this what we have come to?

Old 08-02-2019, 05:57 PM

4,944 posts, read 973,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
A crowd nearly kills a maga hat in nyc~ crickets
A maga doofus throws a weak punch, in front of cop, is arrested immediately. OMG, National News worthy of many news cycles and 1000s of comments.

You figure
To be fair, even some Right-leaning news sources cherry-pick events. Still doesn't make it right!

Old 08-03-2019, 04:42 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,985,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And you get this from one single person getting punched at a rally of 25,000+ people?

How many people got shot dead in Baltimore this week? There's you some violence.

Big time fail by the OP. But then again he quoted WaPo. The same rag this week that says you are a Russian (Soviet even) Agent if you eat a Hamburger.
White man punches another white man for no reason.

Other white man brings up Baltimore.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:54 AM

13,774 posts, read 7,508,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I have been to a few rallies in my life....Violence never entered my mind. We are on a dangerous course.
Scary times.

Being a wee bit melodramatic.

You all seem to consider me a "radical Leftist" (I am not, but you all seem to think so) and I think Trump is the worst thing to ever happen to America in years....but I would never resort to violence. I know others who feel like me, who would never result to violence.

Making America Hate Again.

Like I said, Making America hate again.

I have real issues with this....this guy is 29, and jumps out to fight with a 61 year old man....he is old enough to be this
young man's Father. I am sorry, but this is messed up and disgusting.
Is this what we have come to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This nutso couldn’t keep his hands to himself. Enraged by a hat on a 67 year old Puerto Rican American. Must have been a racist.

Veteran says he was punched for wearing Trump hat - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay

There has been a great deal of violence against anyone wearing a Trump hat. ^^This older gentleman was just minding his own business shopping when he was accosted.

I think most of us find this behavior disgusting, no matter who is throwing the punches. At least those of us who are not flaming hypocrites. This troglodyte got what he deserved.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:44 AM

38,613 posts, read 15,132,211 times
Anyone surprised?

Do Trump supporters imagine they are the only ones who will yell hateful things, do hateful things?

Hate crimes are up over 200% in counties where Trump held rallies in 2016 over comparable counties that did not host such a rally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.32c9173ba06a

Anyone truly expect that hatred unleashed against Muslims, Mexicans, immigrants, ... will not be turned on one another?

Get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies