U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 01:29 PM

4,704 posts, read 2,954,433 times

Advertisements

I'd be willing to bet the first thought most of us have when we see a protester is to punch them in the face.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:31 PM

9,283 posts, read 2,851,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I'd be willing to bet the first thought most of us have when we see a protester is to punch them in the face.
Not really.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Not really.
ever been around one? 99% of them are unhinged lunatics with several psychological disorders. to even show up to something like that speaks volumes about their mental capacity.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
ever been around one? 99% of them are unhinged lunatics with several psychological disorders. to even show up to something like that speaks volumes about their mental capacity.
Yes, I have been around protestors in my life. Never wanted to slug one though. The people I saw were peaceful.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:42 PM

7,163 posts, read 4,056,045 times
Quote:
No way. Free speech and protesting is legal in America. In fact it is American.
Violence is never an appropriate solution to words that you do not like.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, I have been around protestors in my life. Never wanted to slug one though. The people I saw were peaceful.
but they are still unhinged lunatics. you need better perspective. I have seen the protesters from the other side of the fence. they are evil, violent, maniacs. I would have loved to have delivered a tornado of fists on most of them, but I had to agree with my employer that I would not engage them. and trust me, they did everything within their power to test my patience.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
No way. Free speech and protesting is legal in America. In fact it is American.
Violence is never an appropriate solution to words that you do not like.
yeah, I am gonna guess you love free speech. unless you deem it "hate speech?" then it is no longer free? no, what IS american is working hard and pursuing your happiness. if you handcuff yourself to a bulldozer so I can't get paid to do a job for the day, you are a annoyance. if you form a human chain so I can't enter a bank to pay my mortgage, you are committing an act of violence, and you will be dealt with.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
but they are still unhinged lunatics. you need better perspective. I have seen the protesters from the other side of the fence. they are evil, violent, maniacs. I would have loved to have delivered a tornado of fists on most of them, but I had to agree with my employer that I would not engage them. and trust me, they did everything within their power to test my patience.
How do I need better perspective when I saw peaceful protestors? Are you telling me I'm lying about my own experience? I don't know who you saw or what side of the fence you're talking about. This guy was definitely unhinged, I can agree.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:49 PM

131 posts, read 19,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.10deae80fbd6

A thug, a savage.

Lock him up!!!

and he still couldn’t knock the old guy out.
Like I said before. Violence is never the answer.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
yeah, I am gonna guess you love free speech. unless you deem it "hate speech?" then it is no longer free? no, what IS american is working hard and pursuing your happiness. if you handcuff yourself to a bulldozer so I can't get paid to do a job for the day, you are a annoyance. if you form a human chain so I can't enter a bank to pay my mortgage, you are committing an act of violence, and you will be dealt with.
So you couldn't enter your bank to pay your mortgage? And just how did you deal with these "violent" offenders? You may want to look up the definition of violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies