U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 07:26 AM
205 205 started this thread

296 posts, read 297,742 times

Advertisements

...and their political opposition the Republican party. By constantly harping on Trump's "racism" even when race isn't even a factor in his antagonistic tweets and comments they play right into his hands. Keep and open mind and consider the following

1) First of all, whether or not Trump is truly "racist" would depend more on his actual policies and how they affect minorities in this country. Like it or not, African American, Hispanic, Asian, and even female unemployment are at or at least very close to all time lows. That's just a fact. Wages have risen roughly 5% since he has been in office and the number of people (of all races) on welfare has dropped significantly. He helped pass (with bipartisan support) a prison reform bill that has disproportionately helped minority communities. His administration has helped develop opportunity zones that have helped many troubled inner city neighborhoods. There is a lot more work to be done but his antagonistic tweeting aside, his actual policy ACTIONS have greatly benefited minorities in this country.

2) All the TDS induced hysteria from anti-Trump Democrat politicians, Democrat voters, and anti-Trumpers in the media in response to his "racism" or his "racist" tweets or comments is turning off many independents and is pushing his supporters and even those on the fence about him further into his corner. Even a lot of people who support him (or at least don't hate him) and don't like a lot of his tweets and comments and would be critical of them are forced to defend him because the TDS infected response from his haters is often so dishonest and over the top that their response is actually more annoying and a bigger turn off than his controversial comments. If Democrats weren't so recklessly hyperbolic and so often blatantly dishonest in their attacks against Trump and his supporters they might win over more independents and 2016 Trump voters that might otherwise regret voting for him. I don't understand why Democrats can't see that calling everything Trump says or does and everyone not as hysterically outraged as they are "racist" is a losing formula. It's obvious at this point what Democrats are against...Trump and anyone who dares not to be outraged over him. What Democrats have failed to do which is so much more important to independents and the Trump voters they might be able to flip and that is showing these people what they are FOR which brings me to my final point about how Democrats are their own worst enemy.

3) In their all consuming quest to "RESIST!!" Trump, the Democrat candidates vowing the nomination of their party along with Democrats on the House and Senate are tripping over themselves to prove who despises Trump the most and can be as radical as possible in the process. Offering Medicare for All, eliminating private health insurance, giving fee government healthcare to illegals, decriminalizing illegal border crossings, and socializing the economy may be satisfying to the most ardent Trump haters, but it doesn't play well with independents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:05 AM

11,400 posts, read 7,381,044 times
Democrats are close to useless when it comes to defeating trump. Luckily trump is a buffoon and his own worst enemy, so there’s a slight chance of him losing 2020.

Old Today, 08:09 AM

16,300 posts, read 9,151,283 times
205, I think you have nailed it pretty good. I just hope the dems don't get it. i want them to keep on claiming TheDonald is a racist. I want them to continue to screech like hysterical fruit loops they are.

every single time they make the bogus claims, it makes it easier for people to see the charade being played.

PS. Dear left, please continue to march off the left most cliff. your crazy wacky far left policies are making America realize how bad you are..... again....

Old Today, 10:12 AM

32,561 posts, read 26,495,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
205, I think you have nailed it pretty good. I just hope the dems don't get it. i want them to keep on claiming TheDonald is a racist. I want them to continue to screech like hysterical fruit loops they are.

every single time they make the bogus claims, it makes it easier for people to see the charade being played.

PS. Dear left, please continue to march off the left most cliff. your crazy wacky far left policies are making America realize how bad you are..... again....

actually i think the democrats WANT to lose the 2020 election, because if they win then they would have to follow through on their promises, and they know they cant do that, so instead they want trump to win so they can continue to have a focal point for their hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or