U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 10:21 AM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
8,991 posts, read 8,016,733 times
Reputation: 3835

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I love the liberals here trying to crap all over the economy. Trump is doing great. No matter what you say. No matter how angry you are. Donald Trump has delivered on the economy big time. Enjoy you day guys!!


If the economy is so amazingly strong right now, why did this Administration feel the need to brow-beat the Fed into reducing rates? That is NOT an indicator of a strong, healthy economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 10:23 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
19,881 posts, read 22,840,648 times
Reputation: 7193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Weird how the previous President admitted his own Scamulus Bill didn't work and his GDP growth was stale





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skAOLejB4BA


No he didn't. He just said the start-up was slowing than expected. That's NOT the same thing as "didn't work", not by a long shot.
Obama took over an economy shedding over 700,000 jobs a month, and left Trump with one creating well over 200,000 jobs a month - a net improvement of nearly a MILLION jobs a month.
THAT is a fact your outdated video simply ignores.
Obama improved the economy FAR more than Trump has and created in his 2nd term more jobs/month than Trump has.



Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; Today at 10:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:24 AM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,562 posts, read 5,740,473 times
Reputation: 3504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Marianne Williamson is their only hope... lol.
Yeah and saving us all from those "dark psychic forces" in the WH LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:27 AM
 
5,244 posts, read 1,307,394 times
Reputation: 4078
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
In the context of being under 4% unemployment and still being add to add that many jobs, yes it is an excellent number.
Far too complicated for these morons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Florida
22,502 posts, read 9,565,215 times
Reputation: 18351
Too bad he's still not caught up with Obama, who was not, in fact, handed a good growing economy on a silver platter as Trump was. Trump came in on third base and thinks he hit a home run.

In the first 30 months, the economy has added 191.2k jobs/mo. In Obama's last 30 months, it was 220.3k/mo, and 216.9k/mo over the second term. The economy has added 875,000 fewer jobs under Trump than were added added under Obama over the same period.

Not only was it under expectations, but every month this year the numbers were inflated then revised. Last month went from 224k to 193k and May was 72k to 62k, for a loss of 41k jobs. Let's see what this month's are revised to.

If the economy was as fabulous as Trump claims, why is he bullying the Fed about interest rate cuts--which we have not needed since the the Great Recession?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:46 AM
 
5,244 posts, read 1,307,394 times
Reputation: 4078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Too bad he's still not caught up with Obama, who was not, in fact, handed a good growing economy on a silver platter as Trump was. Trump came in on third base and thinks he hit a home run.

In the first 30 months, the economy has added 191.2k jobs/mo. In Obama's last 30 months, it was 220.3k/mo, and 216.9k/mo over the second term. The economy has added 875,000 fewer jobs under Trump than were added added under Obama over the same period.

Not only was it under expectations, but every month this year the numbers were inflated then revised. Last month went from 224k to 193k and May was 72k to 62k, for a loss of 41k jobs. Let's see what this month's are revised to.

If the economy was as fabulous as Trump claims, why is he bullying the Fed about interest rate cuts--which we have not needed since the the Great Recession?
You are delusional. The reason 'the Obama economy' gained so many jobs is because things were so dire. NOTHING HE did caused that, I assure you, because he did NOTHING. And I voted for him.

And some people, and I don't know if I agree, think HE was the reason the stock market crashed because it happened after he was elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:54 AM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,562 posts, read 5,740,473 times
Reputation: 3504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You are delusional. The reason 'the Obama economy' gained so many jobs is because things were so dire. NOTHING HE did caused that, I assure you, because he did NOTHING. And I voted for him.

And some people, and I don't know if I agree, think HE was the reason the stock market crashed because it happened after he was elected.
This is 100% on the mark.

Obama did NOTHING to jump start the economy. Giving him credit for the actual growth is a kin to blaming him for the 2008 recession. They both happened under his watch but he wasn't the cause for either one.

If we're going to get technical about it, the financial instruments such as EES Act of 2008 and TARP began and were signed under George W Bush. That is what propelled the economy to what we're seeing today, The growth began when the seeds were planted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Florida/Tennessee
2,604 posts, read 4,348,235 times
Reputation: 1433
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
You're right, Obama does deserve most of the credit for the economy doing well.

The United States economy has seen 86 straight months of growth. That's a little over 5 years, so three years under Obama before Trump took over for the last 26 months.

After entering the White House during a recession and housing crisis, the economy saw three straight years of positive gains before Trump took over in Jan 2017.

I guess Trump deserves credit as well for realizing that things with the economy are going well so he hasn't really done much that will impact the economy one way or another. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Reading that was like listening to Baghdad Bob.

There's no doubt president Obama "stabilized'' the economy, but the economy did not grow. Say it... no growth. Zilch, nada, zip. It's growing now... so in much the same way when dealing with a storm, once it's passed you clean up and get going and start working again. We are at the end of the clean up stage, but there is still more to do. The next phase is clean up the stupid trade deals by multiple administrations.

Obama did the best he could as a know nothing economist. The economic apocalypse predicted by his economic team after the Trump election, well... it never happened. So there's that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Florida
22,502 posts, read 9,565,215 times
Reputation: 18351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You are delusional. The reason 'the Obama economy' gained so many jobs is because things were so dire. NOTHING HE did caused that, I assure you, because he did NOTHING. And I voted for him.

And some people, and I don't know if I agree, think HE was the reason the stock market crashed because it happened after he was elected.
Do you have any sources, or is this your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Florida
22,502 posts, read 9,565,215 times
Reputation: 18351
And if a recession hits, will Trump and the cult also claim credit for that? Or will Trump blame others and make excuses about it?

I'll bet he already has the blame game in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top