U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,672 posts, read 15,549,029 times
Reputation: 11505

Advertisements

How convenient to do a website refresh now...

California Removes Arrest Reports From Kamala Years

A redesign of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation website will make it harder for voters to inspect Sen. Kamala Harris's controversial record as the state's top cop.

The department removed public access to a number of reports on incarceration in the state, including when presidential candidate Kamala Harris (D.) was California's attorney general.

...
Until recently, these reports were publicly available at the CDCR's website. A search using archive.org's Wayback Machine reveals that as of April 25, 2019—the most recent indexed date—ODP reports were available dating back to the spring of 2009. As of August 2019, the same web page now serves only a single ODP report, the one for Spring 2019. The pre-2019 reports have been removed.

The changes matter in part because the reports contain information about Harris's entire time as state A.G., 2011 to 2017.


Documents are now only accessible by request... i.e. - they now control the flow of information.


Last edited by DRob4JC; Today at 08:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 08:29 AM
 
2,842 posts, read 1,166,147 times
Reputation: 2722
Quote:
He said the older reports are still publicly accessible and that some information was only temporarily removed.
When fake news admits that it is fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,672 posts, read 15,549,029 times
Reputation: 11505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
When fake news admits that it is fake news.
Did you stop reading, or did you read the last sentence? I just added it to the OP.

The records are available by request only. Older records are no longer freely accessible.

They are obviously hiding select information to make it favorable for Harris.

Last edited by DRob4JC; Today at 08:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:38 AM
 
29,903 posts, read 16,534,752 times
Reputation: 13897
Yeah and it took debate commentary from Gabbard to bring her controversial record to light. Although admittedly I did know about it through alt sources
But where is/was the watchdog corporate media on all this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:54 AM
 
2,842 posts, read 1,166,147 times
Reputation: 2722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Did you stop reading, or did you read the last sentence? I just added it to the OP.

The records are available by request only. Older records are no longer freely accessible.

They are obviously hiding select information to make it favorable for Harris.
Ok, then send an email to request the documents. It will take two seconds of your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,672 posts, read 15,549,029 times
Reputation: 11505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Ok, then send an email to request the documents. It will take two seconds of your life.
They can also deny the request or claim that there are no records available.

OR people can go to the Internet Wayback Machine that archives the internet.

You are not stupid. You know what's going on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:34 PM
 
52,191 posts, read 41,981,129 times
Reputation: 32567
I'm not buying that this is all to protect Harris.

She's not exactly a heavy hitter, zero chance of coming through the primaries.
(Not to mention that the dems that would be behind this if it was such a conspiracy might be Biden guys and sure wouldn't want to be helping Harris, quite the opposite.)

I find it much more likely that this was in the works for a while and this is a large stretch at claiming it's some big conspiracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:36 PM
 
11,414 posts, read 2,828,606 times
Reputation: 5244
I'm sure Google is busy changing their algorithms to hide anything negative about Kameltoe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,672 posts, read 15,549,029 times
Reputation: 11505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not buying that this is all to protect Harris.

She's not exactly a heavy hitter, zero chance of coming through the primaries.
(Not to mention that the dems that would be behind this if it was such a conspiracy might be Biden guys and sure wouldn't want to be helping Harris, quite the opposite.)

I find it much more likely that this was in the works for a while and this is a large stretch at claiming it's some big conspiracy.
Harris is bigger than you might think - she is top 4, and these days, it doesn't take much to tip the scales. But to your point, the elites have picked who they wanted already. So you are probably right.

I'm sure that Trump would be given the same latitude...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:51 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,724 posts, read 33,987,365 times
Reputation: 14332
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How convenient to do a website refresh now...

California Removes Arrest Reports From Kamala Years

A redesign of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation website will make it harder for voters to inspect Sen. Kamala Harris's controversial record as the state's top cop.

The department removed public access to a number of reports on incarceration in the state, including when presidential candidate Kamala Harris (D.) was California's attorney general.

...
Until recently, these reports were publicly available at the CDCR's website. A search using archive.org's Wayback Machine reveals that as of April 25, 2019—the most recent indexed date—ODP reports were available dating back to the spring of 2009. As of August 2019, the same web page now serves only a single ODP report, the one for Spring 2019. The pre-2019 reports have been removed.

The changes matter in part because the reports contain information about Harris's entire time as state A.G., 2011 to 2017.


Documents are now only accessible by request... i.e. - they now control the flow of information.
We will never be free, when the transactions of the ruling class is held in secret.
Sit down, shut up, pay & obey. You sir are Property.


Truth, Justice & the American People, or do we protect the institutions of bureaucrats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top