U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:58 AM

52,191 posts, read 41,981,129 times

Advertisements

Not so fast with these logical explanations....as you can clearly see in the link below I think the OP is on to something far more sinister. lol

I think it's great that they took the time to start a thread about this and basically provide us with some Friday morning humor even if they didn't quite intend it to go that way.

https://images.app.goo.gl/HF4ZV9VMraxTvixH6

Old Today, 08:59 AM

27,226 posts, read 19,223,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
An unfortunate coincidence, a perfect storm of meaning, a good excuse to subliminally suggest a long term change of ideals.

The Republican party has all but abandoned the concept of a republic, and they picked a city with a crown in it's logo. Seems to be something Freudian about that, if not deliberate.

Of course, I am sure Dear leader is pleased, he may have been personally involved in the design!

All they need to do now is rename the party as the National Authoritarian party, and push for a constitutional convention.
did you also wet your pants when the democratic national convention was held in the same city 7 years ago?

Old Today, 09:05 AM

52,191 posts, read 41,981,129 times
Quote:
An unfortunate coincidence, a perfect storm of meaning, a good excuse to subliminally suggest a long term change of ideals.

The Republican party has all but abandoned the concept of a republic, and they picked a city with a crown in it's logo. Seems to be something Freudian about that, if not deliberate.

Of course, I am sure Dear leader is pleased, he may have been personally involved in the design!

All they need to do now is rename the party as the National Authoritarian party, and push for a constitutional convention.
You forgot to mention that they are probably aliens as well.

Really, that has to be one of the scariest posts I've read around this forum in a long time and I urge you to look into taking a vacation somewhere without the internet for a week or two to detox from politics.

Old Today, 09:05 AM

8,991 posts, read 8,016,733 times
Quote:

As a former resident of the Queen City myself, you're reaching more than a little bit with this. As has been pointed out, the DNC was also hosted in Charlotte in the recent past.

I'm no graphic designer, but I think they could have done a better job picking the RNC logo, however.

Old Today, 09:10 AM

6,423 posts, read 3,562,784 times
Quote:

Oooo a day drinker! W000000t!

It is a Friday after all ...

Old Today, 09:10 AM

2,301 posts, read 666,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

Why? I didn't design it. And Erick Erickson, whose tweet I posted, is a Trump supporter, and he was one of the first to come out and criticize this logo.

You've got to admit it's a silly logo. Trump supporters have no sense of humor.
Your failure to understand the symbols employed by the logo is the source of your public humiliation...an intellectual pratfall on your part which I find quite humorous, by the way.

So Erick Erickson is now a Trump supporter. Must be a rather recent development... like in the last week or so.

Old Today, 09:13 AM

8,991 posts, read 8,016,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Your failure to understand the symbols employed by the logo is the source of your public humiliation...an intellectual pratfall on your part which I find quite humorous, by the way.

So Erick Erickson is now a Trump supporter. Must be a rather recent development... like in the last week or so.

Whether Erickson is a Trump supporter or not, I don't know, but since he's a self-described "conservative evangelical" I doubt he's anti-GOP. Right?

Old Today, 09:15 AM

9,667 posts, read 2,376,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Oooo a day drinker! W000000t!

It is a Friday after all ...
I can hold my liquor, but I never drink before noon.

You?

Old Today, 09:17 AM

11,095 posts, read 6,162,508 times
Quote:
I understand the symbols. They just are assembled in a very silly way.

Quote:
Erick Erickson Endorses Donald Trump for 2020.

https://www.thewrap.com/erick-ericks...trump-in-2020/

This is from February. Try to keep up.

Old Today, 09:19 AM

2,301 posts, read 666,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

Whether Erickson is a Trump supporter or not, I don't know, but since he's a self-described "conservative evangelical" I doubt he's anti-GOP. Right?
Probably not. But most of the publicity he’s received since 2015 has revolved around his self-proclaimed “NeverTrumper” status. I’m wondering when and why he decided to change his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies