Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 09:25 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Didn’t have the votes. Nor will the Democrats on their ridiculous healthcare for everyone on earth, and preposterous policies.
Didn't have the votes, they never even had a plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 09:26 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Its in his desk with the balanced budget plan,
also in the desk: the designs for the Grand Trump Wall (that Mex will finance)

http://www.bluejersey.com/wp-content...rumps-wall.gif

Old 08-02-2019, 09:29 AM

5,980 posts, read 2,234,421 times
Quote:
Didn’t have the votes. Nor will the Democrats on their ridiculous healthcare for everyone on earth, and preposterous policies.
HAHA, Healthcare for everyone on earth, I like it. Democrats arguing to cover illegal aliens without framing the argument around ED visit are asking to lose. I get what "they" are saying but I also know that is not how it sounds when said on the debate stage.

Republicans will have a big problem when the inevitable recession returns (seems cyclical now 10-12 years, regardless of party in power). Everyone loves employer based healthcare until they no longer have an employer.

BTW companies love employer based healthcare because it gives the managers leverage to use when an employee wants a raise or threatens to quit.

I have personally used that leverage and it works much better than arguing about 1-2% on salary numbers. Unfortunately this is rarely talked about, we have millions working crap jobs because they cannot lost healthcare coverage to change doctors due to health issues.

Edit:
Personally I could support a public option w/ our private market but it needs to be thought out well. So I have no hope that will happen, there are dumb congressman up there that I wouldn't trust in my business for a second. That is on both sides.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:34 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
What do you mean "didn't have the votes"? He has never come up with a health care plan. The plan you are talking about was McConnell Care followed by the disastrous Ryan Care. We have not seen one iota of Trump's promised health care plan that would lower premiums and deductibles and cover everyone. That is what he promised.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:51 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Didn’t have the votes.
Which plan didn't he have the votes for?

Old 08-02-2019, 09:53 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
BTW companies love employer based healthcare because it gives the managers leverage to use when an employee wants a raise or threatens to quit.
Unfortunately this is rarely talked about, we have millions working crap jobs because they cannot lost healthcare coverage to change doctors due to health issues.
Gotta keep the plebs in their place.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:53 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
His plan is with his plan to end child cancer, and HIV, very soon....or, maybe the plans are in the briefcases of those he sent to Hawai'i to find Obama's birth certificate.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:00 AM

5,898 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Didn't he promise us something better than Obamacare. It's been 2.5 years, now. Did I miss the plan?
Trump's plan isn't too different from what Bernie, Kamala, and Warren are proposing.

“We’re going to have health insurance for everybody. There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us. The government is gonna pay for it."
--Donald J. Trump

Old 08-02-2019, 10:10 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,732,254 times
Trump hasn't accomplished much in the healthcare aspect which upsets me, but much of the problem lies in the healthcare and pharma industry itself which is obviously dug in deep. Instead of just trying to dig up money or raise taxes(looking at you Dems) for free medical for everyone, he's trying to get to the root of the problem, the horridly expensive costs. It's one of the most lucrative businesses in the nation and our current policies allow them to tie us up like puppets. Can't afford your medical bills? The hospital will lien your home, garnish your pay, basically go after you with a fury only 2nd to that of the IRS.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:11 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
I have to ask, is this video of Donald Trump or Alec Baldwin pretending to be Trump ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7zOgxQ5E38

Whoever it is, it sure is FUNNY ! (Especially all the red ball cap wearing bobble heads in the audience)

They actually fall for all of this ! He wants to put a man on Mars ? He doesn't even know where Mars is !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies