Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 10:26 AM

159 posts, read 61,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
It's difficult to take Trump's immigration policies seriously when his business employed half a village from Costa Rica and kept them well into his presidency. It's hard to take him seriously when he had two years of total Republican control, yet, did nothing about immigration reform. Cruel policies and look over there while I keep my employees does nothing to inspire confidence and that his immigration policies are both flawed and used as a political football to dupe his shrinking base.
I'm in agreement here. Repped. Trump is just playing 4d chess amongst his fans and his antagonist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 10:33 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,264,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
I'm in agreement here. Repped. Trump is just playing 4d chess amongst his fans and his antagonist.
Trump probably doesn't even know how to play regular chess lol

Old 08-03-2019, 10:35 AM

42,337 posts, read 17,702,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Where do you see illegals sucking up the freebies.

I have lived in Georgia with lots of illegals and they run from the freebies. They do not want to be put into any system -- even if it is for a hand out.
Go to your county health clinic if you want to see them NOT running away from freebies.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:44 AM

5,513 posts, read 6,115,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Polls are for the desperate.. Trump's rallies speak for themselves as to support from independents.
I don't believe most of the people at the rallies are independents. I think they are staunch Trump supporters. If for no other reason from what I understand you have to wait a while to secure a spot in one of those rallies. I think the majority are hard-core supporters.

On the topic of the thread I am an independent that has voted for both republicans and democrats in the past. I disagree with many of the farther-left Democratic candidate's proposals with respect to immigration. However, I think some of the more moderate Democratic candidates approach may be more in line to my thinking than Trump's. That is something with polling.....it can be easily manipulated if the intent is to achieve a certain result. For example, if the question is whether someone supports providing free healthcare to illegal immigrants before we have achieved that for citizens, then I can see a lot of independents indicating this is going too far. However, if the question is whether to spend the money to build a border wall, then I think it would be fewer.

Another important question is how important immigration is in the voter's decision making process. I have never voted for someone whose views I agree with 100%. Everyone has his or her own priorities and approaches, so the likelhood a politician and I see eye to eye on everything is practically nil. Immigration is an issue I consider, but it's below quite a few other things that are more important to me. Of course immigration will be the top priority for some. But my point is that even putting aside the inherent problem with polls, even if the results are accurate it doesn't mean that a majority of independents are leaning toward Trump generally. I expect it's too early to have a good guage on that. For me I can't say at this point not knowing who the Democratic nominee is going to be.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:55 AM

58,726 posts, read 26,998,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Immigration has been the centerpiece of Trump's Presidency, with his ongoing battle for border wall funding, which he won when the Supreme Court allowed Trump to divert $2.5 billion in Pentagon funds for border wall construction.
Looks like its paying off politically....

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pollst...on-trump-rally
Funny how so many dems supported obama and shumer when they said this"

Old 08-03-2019, 10:58 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,264,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Funny how so many dems supported obama and shumer when they said this"
They never said that.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:00 AM

58,726 posts, read 26,998,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
They never said that.
I have the video but for some reason cannot copy it.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:09 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,743,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
This is true in my case. I typically haven't been a red side fan, but seeing illegals sucking up the freebies first hand along with Trumps attack on our lopsided trade situation with China has me choosing them as the least-worst at this time.
I don't get that about the trade deficit. If you think it is bad, don't buy stuff made in China. Why do you need the government to try to force that on you with tariffs? The conservatives are the ones who keep crying that the government should let people make their own choices about things.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:42 AM

159 posts, read 61,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Trump probably doesn't even know how to play regular chess lol
LOL. You are probably right about that.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:47 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,893,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaipeiTaiwan View Post
Respectfully Disagree.

I. Not make cross border crime.
II. Not deporting non-violent illegal alien. (1)
III. Give Medicare for All to Illegal Aliens at Mostly Tax Payer Monies. (2)
IV. Try Give EITC to Illegal Immigrants.

So no deport, violate border no issue, give health coverage insurance, and try give state tax benefits.

How not open border. The Dems play language game. They want to support the needed steps for open border but NEVER will say it due to bad opinions by American people.

The dems like on this like the CCP like on Hong Kong and want be for Taiwan. I no trust either party.

(1)

(2)
There is no candidate calling for no deportation.
Yes some of the candidates feel that if we have illegal residents here, and they need medical attention , the humane thing is to give them that medical assistance.
That is not an open border.
And there are some state tax benefits but again not all Dems agree with that.

Nobody has a total open border policy.
There are conditions which are more lenient than the Republicans but that's not an open border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies