U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-03-2019, 09:18 AM
 
1,248 posts, read 194,280 times
Reputation: 644

Advertisements

We dont call Baltimore as Murdermore for nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2019, 02:45 PM
 
48,560 posts, read 45,717,393 times
Reputation: 15457
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ All excellent points, and notice that Trump supporters are staying away from your post.
To me, this is about common decency. Trump didn't say any of this because he cares. He did it because he was having a tantrum.

I was sort of surprised when some persons stayed away from my post. The more I think about it, I shouldn't be too surprised. I'm not all that surprised because there are questions I'm asking, that few people want to answer. I'm not calling Trump a racist. I acknowledge that Baltimore has alot of problems. I'm bringing up the fact that Trump was out of line for what he said. That or some people are just tired of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 02:51 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,809 posts, read 74,837,305 times
Reputation: 48374
This is not fear this is wisdom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Haiku
4,310 posts, read 2,640,162 times
Reputation: 6393
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
President Trump's words were not racist, they were just the truth
It's not what you say, it is how you say it. Trump's words were hateful. He is thin skinned. If he doesn't like Cummings call him up and tell him to his face instead of tweeting to the whole country things about a city that a lot of people live in. Trump is infantile, he cannot control his petty little emotional temper tantrums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 02:59 PM
 
48,560 posts, read 45,717,393 times
Reputation: 15457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
This is not fear this is wisdom
Johnny Damon brought up his time in Baltimore because he was trying to defend Trump against criticism. I don't doubt for a moment that Baltimore has alot of violent crime, poverty, and blight. At the same time, I think rising in defense of Trump is more or less an exercise of loyalty towards Trump.

This is the thing. Trump's comment about Baltimore had nothing to do with Baltimore. It had to do with Elijah Cummings. This all started because Cummings made comments toward Trump regarding the border wall. Baltimore had nothing to do with this.

Now I have this question. Was Trump's comment even necessary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 03:04 PM
 
10,112 posts, read 12,014,305 times
Reputation: 6522
I bet the frightened people of Baltimore high crime areas know it's not racist either, it's the TRUTH! Which proves low life racist Cummings is trying to start a race war. He wants to take down Trump because he knows he is going to WIN in 2020....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 04:15 PM
 
48,560 posts, read 45,717,393 times
Reputation: 15457
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I bet the frightened people of Baltimore high crime areas know it's not racist either, it's the TRUTH! Which proves low life racist Cummings is trying to start a race war. He wants to take down Trump because he knows he is going to WIN in 2020....
Alot of residents living in Baltimore are likely unhappy with the city's state of affairs. At the same time, when the President of the USA talks down to the city you live in, I doubt you would be happy with it.

And Trump's comment was only made because he wanted to hit Cummings below the belt. Truth is, alot of people have given up on Baltimore, including the President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 04:35 PM
 
9,498 posts, read 6,332,797 times
Reputation: 17904
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the thing. What Trump said wasn't particularly racist. What President Trump, said, however, was uncalled for.

Why uncalled for?


Our President spoke the truth about a serious issue the country is facing.


Lib controlled cesspools that have been taking Federal dollars for years to clean up, with NOTHING BEING DONE!


Hell, cummings said the same damn thing 20 years ago: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...d-20-years-ago


STILL NOT FIXED!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 04:50 PM
 
48,560 posts, read 45,717,393 times
Reputation: 15457
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Why uncalled for?


Our President spoke the truth about a serious issue the country is facing.


Lib controlled cesspools that have been taking Federal dollars for years to clean up, with NOTHING BEING DONE!


Hell, cummings said the same damn thing 20 years ago: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...d-20-years-ago


STILL NOT FIXED!!!
It was uncalled for because Baltimore had nothing to do with the situation Cummings and Trump were talking about. This was about the border wall. Trump said what he said about Baltimore because he wanted to hit Cummings where it hurts. That was uncalled for. Trump doesn't care about Baltimore. He was just playing the dozens with Cummings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Brackenwood
3,492 posts, read 1,375,397 times
Reputation: 7276
I don't remember any other team in recent memory having to play to an empty stadium because it was deemed too unsafe for fans to travel to the stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top