Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 06:05 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times

Advertisements

https://www.theblaze.com/news/former...-in-his-career

Quote:
"I think Baltimore is a great town, and this is raising awareness so hopefully they can go in and spend the hard taxpaying dollars to actually make a difference," Damon continued. "

Damon went on to say that Americans, who were offended by Trump calling out Baltimore, should not be so sensitive, but rather they should look at the criticisms and see how they can respond to them in a productive way.

President Trump's words were not racist, they were just the truth

Old 08-02-2019, 06:11 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

He said something that's the truth. As I have said earlier when I travel from NY to Florida and vice versa I always avoid Baltimore. It's a high crime area and why put yourself in that position. Years ago I went to the Super Bowl in Detroit with an ex girlfriend. She worked for the NFL. They told us beforehand to stay with each other. Don't walk alone and go to secure places. It is common sense. It's not racist. It's just the reality of the situation.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:14 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
He said something that's the truth. As I have said earlier when I travel from NY to Florida and vice versa I always avoid Baltimore. It's a high crime area and why put yourself in that position. Years ago I went to the Super Bowl in Detroit with an ex girlfriend. She worked for the NFL. They told us beforehand to stay with each other. Don't walk alone and go to secure places. It is common sense. It's not racist. It's just the reality of the situation.
So why the hell did you not marry the girl who worked for the NFL?

My wife loves baseball and football, so we watch and go to a lot of games. I am very lucky. It is too bad that such a nice facility as Camden yards is adjacent to a crappy area. However, the Orioles have been pretty bad for several years, so there is not a compelling reason to go there.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:15 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,965,100 times
even the Final Four Teams in 2009 (Detroit) stayed in Canada.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:55 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
This is the thing. What Trump said wasn't particularly racist. What President Trump, said, however, was uncalled for. It was neither the time or the place for it. Yes, Baltimore has alot of crime, poverty, and blight. For crying out loud, The Wire and Homicide:Life On The Streets are set in Baltimore. A riot just took place there. However, Trump's comment was not done to bring attention to Baltimore. That happened by accident. Trump made that comment as a below the belt way of responding to Elijah Cummings. Baltimore has nothing to do with what Trump and Cummings were talking about: The Border Wall. Trump only brought up Baltimore because he wanted to hurt Cummings because he didn't like the way Cummings was talking to him.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:57 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
So now athletes are the voice of reason? It's always interesting traveling along the pretzel-like twists of logic exhibited by Trump loyalists.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:59 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

So why did he just single out Baltimore, it was a childish response to Cummings criticism and does absolutely nothing towards solving their problems. I've got news for you, there are many inner city neighborhoods that are dangerous, this isn't a revelation but his supporters will say this is great no one knew this until Trump came along.

So what is Trumps next step in his master plan.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:00 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,965,100 times
quote from four years ago:
"...postponement of the first two games of the Orioles’ series with the Chicago White Sox at Camden Yards
this week, and the third game will be played at 2 p.m. Wednesday — with no fans admitted."
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/29/s...ety-first.html

Old 08-02-2019, 07:00 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So why the hell did you not marry the girl who worked for the NFL?

My wife loves baseball and football, so we watch and go to a lot of games. I am very lucky. It is too bad that such a nice facility as Camden yards is adjacent to a crappy area. However, the Orioles have been pretty bad for several years, so there is not a compelling reason to go there.
My sister lives within walking distance of Camden Yards. She won't walk there anymore because of a neighborhood she has to pass thru to get there. However, only a few miles away is her neighborhood, and it is completely safe to walk around at night, we did it just two years ago walking back from the Inner Harbor.

But of course the inner city of Baltimore is no place I'd ever venture into, nor would my sister or probably anyone else in her neighborhood.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:01 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
even the Final Four Teams in 2009 (Detroit) stayed in Canada.
Sure all of them and all 70,000 fans and media. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies