U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM

21,187 posts, read 10,204,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
LOOOOOOOOOOLLL...you need to go sit in the corner.
Yes, ma'am!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM

14,767 posts, read 9,184,783 times
Everyone has different types but Id pay her NOT to lift her shirt.

Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM

394 posts, read 120,144 times
my brother is a mechanic and he has told me that women proposition them all the time, especially the managers for free or discounted work. Several times he walked in on his boss and a "customer" negotiating a discount. People need their vehicles and some people do desperate things if they don't have the money. So I can see perhaps she offered and he said no, or that he has had it happen so many times that he asked. Either is possible, as for her appearance there is always somebody who finds a specific type of body appealing. Used to know a guy who was incredibly tall and skinny but the really "big" ladies drove him wild.

Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM

4,852 posts, read 956,855 times
I don't know whether to believe this story or not seeing as that, while rare, false claims of such stories do happen. I am more inclined to believe it if similar claims about that mechanic were made by other people. That is, at least 1-2 other people. This is because then a pattern of behavior can be established about that an accused person.

Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM

52,206 posts, read 42,000,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...me too...fair and equal, no?...
I'm getting older and older, he would have charged me double. Lol.

Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM

52,206 posts, read 42,000,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I don't know whether to believe this story or not seeing as that, while rare, false claims of such stories do happen. I am more inclined to believe it if similar claims about that mechanic were made by other people. That is, at least 1-2 other people. This is because then a pattern of behavior can be established about that an accused person.
I agree. Frankly, no offense to the lady but if he's doing stuff like that and has been there more than a year there should be A LOT of such accusations based upon his criteria and standards.

Maybe others will come forth. Maybe others will say she's made similar accusations, slip and falls etc.

*shrug*

Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM

4,852 posts, read 956,855 times
My prev. post also applies to these celebrities being accused of sexual misconduct, rape, sexual assault, etc. I don't believe all the claims nor do I disbelieve them. Truth be told, sometimes there are those who jump on #MeToo bandwagon for fame and fortune from a lawsuit against the accused. Once one claim is confirmed to be made-up, it is hard to know how many claims are true.

Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM

29,582 posts, read 16,564,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Regardless, if true, not a very professional thing for any business to do.
This is true. But what's the issue? Being unprofessional is nothing new or unusual.

Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

29,582 posts, read 16,564,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I don't know whether to believe this story or not seeing as that, while rare, false claims of such stories do happen.
No, they are not rare. False sexual harassment claims are quite common.

Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 3 days ago)

3,494 posts, read 624,513 times
He could have driven across the river to Brooklyn, IL (near East St. Louis) and seen all the ladies he wanted lifting up their shirts on the 'stroll.' It's their form of advertising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or