U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:08 AM

5,442 posts, read 2,761,513 times

Advertisements

I can only relate my personal experience regarding the Hispanic vote. I married into the Hispanic culture. My wife's vast family are all legal citizens and have been for quite some time. For years they struggled through the legal process to gain their citizenship but they did and they are now proud Americans. However, they are vehemently opposed to Trump and everything he stands for. They don't appreciate the rhetoric that come out of Trump's mouth much less the inhumane treatment of their fellow countrymen at the border. They understand why they come. It's not to leach off the system like Trump and his right wing media lapdogs would have you believe.

Ironically, out of all her family there is only one Trump supporter and he is what one would refer to as an "angry white male". It's puzzling to all of us why he married her sister in the first place. Needless to say it has caused a great amount of tensions in their immediate household. All of us are eager to cast our votes to oust Trump next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:14 AM

37,199 posts, read 16,508,475 times
Anyone who thinks that there is a significant number of Hispanics that are conservatives and will vote Republican are only kidding themselves. Cuban-Americans are the only exception.

Old Today, 09:17 AM
Status: "Make sure you include me in your manifesto" (set 2 days ago)

8,209 posts, read 3,215,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The DNC is dependent upon a permanent underclass to win elections.

They need open borders to continue expanding the number of poor in the US to whom they can promise things.
LOL yes they say they want to fight poverty and then they do everything they can to import more of it.

Remember the people's pain is the politician's gain!

Old Today, 12:37 PM

11,073 posts, read 10,255,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
That would equate to 72% against. Not really good. 78% evangelicals went with Trump. DO you charactrize that as 28% against? And they were Trumps #1 block.
That’s more than one out of every four who voted for him. To hear some of you guys talk about it, you would think it would be one out of one hundred.

AND, he did better than Romney with Hispanics, so they rejected a mainstream republican in higher numbers than they rejected Trump. Wall and all.

Old Today, 12:44 PM

11,073 posts, read 10,255,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Ever since the crap with Mexico and the caravan **** from the midterms, the Republican Hispanics I know are voting Dem this election.
Huh? The ones that didn’t get offended by the “rapists and murderers” comment before he was president, are not going to be offended by anything he has done since then.

The Caravans? Really? There are people who were in favor of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or