U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,737 posts, read 33,997,264 times
Reputation: 14335

Advertisements

On the heals of Barr not acting on Comey lying and stealing government documents, then distributing the documents, Roger Stone Files a 30 page Mandamus Petition to the courts, so he can defend his name in public.

Stone and Rogow also argued that Jackson “pointed to no evidence, no reason, no likelihood that ‘publicity, unchecked, would so distort the views of potential jurors that [enough] could not be found who would, under proper instructions, fulfill their sworn duty to render a just verdict exclusively on the evidence presented in open court,” quoting Nebraska Press Ass’n v. Stuart, 427 U.S. 539, 569 (1976).


https://www.law.com/nationallawjourn...20190702233605


The intent in everyone busted by Mueller, was to silence them, Commie style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM
 
17,256 posts, read 8,737,856 times
Reputation: 9940
Is there precedent for comparison?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,737 posts, read 33,997,264 times
Reputation: 14335
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Is there precedent for comparison?
Nebraska Press Ass’n v. Stuart, 427 U.S. 539, 569 (1976).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM
 
7,234 posts, read 2,653,400 times
Reputation: 2863
Stone is guilty. No doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM
 
Location: Louisiana
7,515 posts, read 4,270,535 times
Reputation: 6063
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Stone is guilty. No doubt.
Of what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:14 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,326 posts, read 10,202,820 times
Reputation: 7120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Of what?
Google it. There is too much to try to catch you up in one little thread.

Hint: One of the key words in this is "Wikileaks".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:53 AM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
14,804 posts, read 10,698,048 times
Reputation: 20044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Google it. There is too much to try to catch you up in one little thread.

Hint: One of the key words in this is "Wikileaks".
It’s a little hard to justify going after anyone who “leaks” information because they think they have a moral imperative to let the public know after an FBI Director proudly admits leaking classified documents because he personally didn’t like the newly duly elected president so felt he had a moral imperative to let the public know conversations never meant for public consumption and nothing is done to him. This is a primary reason Comey ought to be sitting in jail.
__________________
When I post in bold red that is moderator action and, per the TOS, can only be discussed through Direct Message.Moderator - Arkansas & subforums, Asia, Kentucky & subforums, Military Life, and P&OC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:10 AM
 
27,265 posts, read 9,256,890 times
Reputation: 9514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It’s a little hard to justify going after anyone who “leaks” information because they think they have a moral imperative to let the public know after an FBI Director proudly admits leaking classified documents because he personally didn’t like the newly duly elected president so felt he had a moral imperative to let the public know conversations never meant for public consumption and nothing is done to him. This is a primary reason Comey ought to be sitting in jail.
It sure fly's in the face of equal justice !!!

Not only did it restrict Roger Stone but makes him responsible for the free speech of others should they decide to speak out on their own !!!

Furthermore, the defendant may not comment publicly about the case indirectly by having statements made publicly on his behalf by surrogates, family members, spokespersons, representatives, or volunteers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:01 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,326 posts, read 10,202,820 times
Reputation: 7120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It’s a little hard to justify going after anyone who “leaks” information because they think they have a moral imperative to let the public know after an FBI Director proudly admits leaking classified documents because he personally didn’t like the newly duly elected president so felt he had a moral imperative to let the public know conversations never meant for public consumption and nothing is done to him. This is a primary reason Comey ought to be sitting in jail.
Is that like leaking information from Barr on the Mueller investigation to Devin Nunes?

Yeah. I think I understand. Now - add "Russia" to "Wikileaks" and try your search again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:32 AM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
14,804 posts, read 10,698,048 times
Reputation: 20044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Is that like leaking information from Barr on the Mueller investigation to Devin Nunes?

Yeah. I think I understand. Now - add "Russia" to "Wikileaks" and try your search again.
Oh, I do understand too and I have read up on “Stone” “Russia” and “Wikileaks”. What is your point?


At least Barr was to a congressman with clearance who was sitting on a committee involved in the investigation, not someone in the news media.
__________________
When I post in bold red that is moderator action and, per the TOS, can only be discussed through Direct Message.Moderator - Arkansas & subforums, Asia, Kentucky & subforums, Military Life, and P&OC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top