U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer Obama-like positions or AOC-like positions?
Obama / Moderates 29 52.73%
AOC / Progressives 15 27.27%
I'm a Republican that just wants to vote 11 20.00%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:49 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,001,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
So I don't like AOC. She is profoundly beautiful, and when I see her speaking I mainly think about wanting to kiss her...
Now I totally understand why you're single and you don't get dates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:50 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,446,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Four years of "Not Trump" is infinitely better than four more years of Trump, which is what the "progressive" wing of the Democratic party will give us.
Exactly

Old Today, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I respect your opinion but I disagree. Trump wants to run against "Sleepy Joe" because he's the easiest candidate for Trump to beat. We ran a centrist named Hillary and Trump beat her. Her mushy middle of the road positions did not excite younger voters or hardly anyone else for that matter.

The way to beat Trump is with a progressive like Warren, Sanders or Harris who can articulate a strong clear pro-middle class agenda of universal healthcare, affordable college and living wages. That's how you excite the youth vote to come out in droves. Sanders beats Trump by 6 points in recent polls.
Not in states like Ohio or Wisconsin...the states that Dems have to win back.
Right now, Biden is the only one polling ahead of Trump here in Ohio by more than the margin of error. He leads by about 8 pts. Sanders and Warren poll in statistical ties right now with him here.
Dems cannot beat Trump without reclaiming the industrial midwest.

Old Today, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I respect your opinion but I disagree. Trump wants to run against "Sleepy Joe" because he's the easiest candidate for Trump to beat. We ran a centrist named Hillary and Trump beat her. Her mushy middle of the road positions did not excite younger voters or hardly anyone else for that matter.

The way to beat Trump is with a progressive like Warren, Sanders or Harris who can articulate a strong clear pro-middle class agenda of universal healthcare, affordable college and living wages. That's how you excite the youth vote to come out in droves. Sanders beats Trump by 6 points in recent polls.
Also, you can never count on large numbers of the youth voting...even Obama didn't get more than 50% of 18-29 year olds to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or