Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer Obama-like positions or AOC-like positions?
Obama / Moderates 33 54.10%
AOC / Progressives 16 26.23%
I'm a Republican that just wants to vote 12 19.67%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 01:50 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I respect your opinion but I disagree. Trump wants to run against "Sleepy Joe" because he's the easiest candidate for Trump to beat. We ran a centrist named Hillary and Trump beat her. Her mushy middle of the road positions did not excite younger voters or hardly anyone else for that matter.

The way to beat Trump is with a progressive like Warren, Sanders or Harris who can articulate a strong clear pro-middle class agenda of universal healthcare, affordable college and living wages. That's how you excite the youth vote to come out in droves. Sanders beats Trump by 6 points in recent polls.
Yes, great post except I do not want Harris.

Biden brings respect back to the office and our country but nothing else.

I keep going back and forth between Sanders and Warren. I want one of them to win. Either will likely beat Trump.

It's probable their vote with progressives will split and Biden will win. I think it's down to those three and I'm hoping it's not Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 01:58 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Yes, great post except I do not want Harris.

Biden brings respect back to the office and our country but nothing else.

I keep going back and forth between Sanders and Warren. I want one of them to win. Either will likely beat Trump.

It's probable their vote with progressives will split and Biden will win. I think it's down to those three and I'm hoping it's not Biden.

It amazes me the double standard of the left. Warren cheated programs aimed to help real minorities by claiming to be Native American and yet she gets a free pass. Sanders at least has been consistent with his message. Warren just did a hostile takeover of Sanders hard work. And yall are buying it lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bi2iBsHjT4

Old 08-03-2019, 06:00 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lmao...polls? Dems? lol
You must have missed the part where I said "take them with a grain of salt".

Old 08-03-2019, 07:49 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It amazes me the double standard of the left. Warren cheated programs aimed to help real minorities by claiming to be Native American and yet she gets a free pass. Sanders at least has been consistent with his message. Warren just did a hostile takeover of Sanders hard work. And yall are buying it lol.
Maybe more specific about the "hostile takeover" and the "cheated programs" part?

Yeah, the Native American thing bothers me a bit but in the end she is very well qualified and will be a far better president than what we have now.

The video was not much helpful, kept repeating the same things over and over. It stated she did not take advantage of any special programs so since you stated she did maybe a source for me to see? She regrets doing it and she stated that's what her family told her. Well, whatever. In the end it pales in comparison to the documented fact checked lies the current buffoon in the White House has told.

Wondering if it might be best if Bernie has her as his running mate so their progressive vote won't be split. Doubt Warren will go for that, however. It's looking more like Biden will get it but we will see.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:22 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
When it was his time to stand up for America, Bone Spurs/Silver Spoon Donnie was busy getting STD's in his Manhattan penthouse. We know who Trump bends over for: Vlad and Kim.
For those of us who may have missed it, what branch of the military did Obama or AOC serve in ?

Old 08-03-2019, 08:30 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,069,460 times
I'm a centrist Democrat, a blue dog democrat.

Blue Dog Democrats

So I don't like AOC. She is profoundly beautiful, and when I see her speaking I mainly think about wanting to kiss her, but I don't agree with her political views. Too far to the left.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:35 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,069,460 times
Quote:
We ran a centrist named Hillary and Trump beat her. Her mushy middle of the road positions did not excite younger voters or hardly anyone else for that matter.
A communist like Sanders would have been even worse. The problem was that she had too much baggage. Too many people would specifically vote against her.

We still need a moderate, but a moderate with less baggage.

Quote:
The way to beat Trump is with a progressive like [...] Harris
Harris is a moderate centrist...I'm not sure where you're getting "progressive" from her. The progressives/communists who are running are Warren and Sanders. They should be running for the nomination of Communist Party USA, not the Democratic Party. Biden and Harris are old school, centrist Democrats.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:25 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Was there really a difference in Bush & Obama in the end?
Obama had to pick up the pieces of Bush's great recession

Old 08-03-2019, 10:26 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I'm a centrist Democrat, a blue dog democrat.

Blue Dog Democrats

So I don't like AOC. She is profoundly beautiful, and when I see her speaking I mainly think about wanting to kiss her, but I don't agree with her political views. Too far to the left.
I'd take Romney or McCain any day. But the faux religious agenda and White nationalist agenda under Trump is equally if not more nauseating to me than the crap Sanders and AOC talk about

Old 08-03-2019, 10:48 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Quote:
What's the point of electing moderate Democrats if all they do is perpetuate the status quo? Look at Biden's healthcare plan: a $750 bil band-aid on Obamacare. All that does is tinker around the edges. You'll continue to have millions of people with crappy insurance, like $8,000 max out of pocket insurance with high copays, that forces people to choose between healthcare and bankruptcy.

The only thing Joe Biden offers is four years of Not Trump. That's it. No meaningful progress on any major issues.
But moderates don't want Single Payer health care...we are not going to beat Trump by pandering to the base. Sorry, it won't work...it's what happened in 2016. I don't want to see a repeat of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies