Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 12:51 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,206 times

Advertisements

I personally could never bring myself to shoot a dog in any situation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 01:19 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I heard it was a black Lab, they are super loyal. I'm sure it thought it was protecting it's owner. I just hope they don't put it down or something for charging the officer.
The Dumbass murdering cop should be put down.

Old 08-04-2019, 03:06 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Here is another one. A person with mental problem is off medication and taken illegal drugs. Police is called to help and instead kill the guy by stepping on his back for several minutes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-E_i8Q5G0
That was hard to watch.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:00 AM

27,132 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
True but in many ways we don't want US police to wait. Ask an ex Deputy School Resource officer who waited for back up. We had a victim potentially needing immediate medical care and since more police than animal control officers are normally on patrol and local that is who gets the call to deal with it, now. Because it might be too late. And the spray, when it works, just gives you time to back off not continue to move forward. If you move forward an aggressor dog will stop rubbing his eyes and resume an attack.
In other countries they get to victims and deal with emergencies very well without resorting to shooting dogs.

The dog in the video was just running towards the officer, there are techniques you can learn to placate a dog and in terms of backup the police can simply call for more officers or a dog handler unit, who are constantly on patrol and have all kinds of dong restraints such as control poles.

The police will only shoot a dog in most countries if it is seriously out of control, is biting people and only as a last resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko
I do have a US letter carrier friend who used a knife on two high end attack/fighting dogs instead or relying on his satchel and dog repellent for protection. For the past three years he has been suspended pending termination as his union still fights to get his job or at least his FERS pension back
If that's the case then why doesn't the US bring in stronger dog laws in respect of having a dog that is out of control on public and private property, which is what other countries do. Whilst certain breeds are even banned in some countries.

Secondly if your dog attacks a postal worker you are liable to be prosecuted and the postal service have a right to refuse to deliver youyr mail, so you will have to pick it up yourself.

In the UK it is against the law to have a dog out of control on public or private property, and you are liable to 6 months imprisonment for this alone, as well as an unlimited fine and your dog may be destroyed and a Court also ban you from owning another dog. If your dog is out of control and attacks someone then the Courts can impose a further five years imprisonment and if it kills someone, you can face 14 years in prison. Similarly if your dog attacks a assistance dog or service dog then you can also ve imprisoned and the maximum prison sentences have just been increased.

It's better to prevent the issue in the firstb place than to have to go around shooting dogs, and it's the owner who should be liable mnot the dog who is just acting on instinct.

Controlling your dog - Gov.UK

Last edited by Brave New World; 08-04-2019 at 04:25 AM..

Old 08-04-2019, 04:11 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
He needs more practice.
Definitely! How can you graze the animal charging at you and kill an innocent woman instead? How did he ever pass training???

Old 08-04-2019, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
He said "you're gonna kill me" in the very beginning, and he was right.
Cops killed him and laughed about it.
Ugh that is just awful.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I wonder if vets really appreciate this type of praise. Specially those who know their job in foreign countries is to kill and plunder resources to give them to American corporations, regime change to make space for Western financial institutions, their policies, etc.
Oh geez...

Old 08-04-2019, 05:18 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
These retorts are extremely weak and reek of "the lady doth protest too much, methinks".

To insinuate that posting one news article, including no opinion or propaganda, somehow mandates that i must now search the nation in order to find articles to post regarding the death of police officers, is absolute nonsense and you know it.
"methinks" we KNOW what you think which is WHY I posted what I did.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:31 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"methinks" we KNOW what you think which is WHY I posted what I did.
You know what they say about assumptions.

That said, is it your opinion that this officer did nothing wrong?

Old 08-04-2019, 09:17 AM

683 posts, read 824,536 times
I’m sure they will find a small amount of marijuana in her apartment and this will totally exonerate the cop...
This cop is a disgrace to Texas and the blue uniform.
Just like the psycho on the Arlington police force who killed a Dachshund in front of the family because it was acting aggressively...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies