Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 01:47 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Isn’t Texas a Hispanic majority state now, or close to it?
Hispanic = Blue...
Not according to many posters here on CD who claim their natural hard work, religion and family values puts them squarely into the Republican camp....

Maybe those posters are just flapping their gums??

The only possible reason hispanics would not vote for the party that pushes religion and family values and hard work...would be if that party wasn't really about those things.....in this case, I think I agree with them.

I have MUCH more in common with a hard working hispanic family or individual than I do with the Country Club Republicans that never get their hands dirty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 02:26 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
I have found it interesting that Beto O'Rourke came close to beating Cruz, but has flopped in the presidential primaries. He was supposed to be this superlative campaigner, but evidently not. If he really had been a better campaigner, maybe he could have actually beaten Ted Cruz.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:38 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I have found it interesting that Beto O'Rourke came close to beating Cruz, but has flopped in the presidential primaries. He was supposed to be this superlative campaigner, but evidently not. If he really had been a better campaigner, maybe he could have actually beaten Ted Cruz.
I think he's a nobody which makes it even crazier.......

In other words, to a "general" liberal like myself, he has zero going for him. OTOH, a guy like Castro does......that's a far away (geographically) look.

But it's quite telling......

The TX GOP would be wise to roll far to the left, but that's going to be hard. We have video and audio these days and the internet so they can't just say "we didn't say that"......

Texas Dems and Independents would probably go for a true (old daze) Republican....but there are none. All kicked out or left on their own accord.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:45 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Smart Dems are voting Biden. They need someone electable in the crucial Midwest.

Any Dem supporting anyone else is either dense or secretly trying to get Trump re elected

Old 08-03-2019, 02:47 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
LOL... this is not something you can dismiss. House seats and the EC votes that go with them are allocated based on the census count, the census count includes the illegal population. States with higher illegal residents will necessarily get more House seats/EC votes. The numbers I'm citing are from this Politico article that outlines a possible but improbable scenario based on one study where the illegal population could of given Hillary the win because of this. And just so this is clearly understood it has nothing to do with vote fraud, it's their presence.

The only thing that is debatable about this is how much it effects House Seats and EC votes, I believe that study they used is basing it on a conservative estimate of around 12 million. It could be as much as 30 million. This is why Democrats so vehemently opposed this question being added to the census form.
There is zero proof millions of illegals voted in last presidential election. There is proof that Republicans committed election fraud in NC in 2018 though

Old 08-03-2019, 03:58 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
Puerto Ricans who left the island and relocated to Florida can not vote in elections. Other states in play is Arizona, and Virginia.
You meant to say Puerto Ricans who left the island can vote in their new state of residence, right? Puerto Ricans are US citizens and they can vote in elections on the mainland if they've established residence there. Lots of them in Central Florida, as you've mentioned.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:14 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The only thing that is debatable about this is how much it effects House Seats and EC votes, I believe that study they used is basing it on a conservative estimate of around 12 million. It could be as much as 30 million. This is why Democrats so vehemently opposed this question being added to the census form.
There is zero proof millions of illegals voted in last presidential election. There is proof that Republicans committed election fraud in NC in 2018 though
Exactly.

That lie was started in the blogosphere, and John Barron, er David Dennison ... er Donald Trump picked it up and repeated it without actually vetting the source. That seems to be a Trumpie problem all up and down the group, simply repeating convenient lies to calculated make a point. Possibly sincerely believing the lies, but without any real basis in fact.

Yes, Trump did appoint Kobach to dig into it.

Yes, they found nothing and quietly, embarrassingly, shut the investigation down rather than give us a report of the findings.

As someone in the inner circle of power once said:
“Perception is more important than reality. If someone perceives something to be true, it is more important than if it is in fact true. ... don't go out of your way to correct a false assumption if it plays to your advantage.”
Ivanka Trump |The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life
(or "I learned everything I wrote here from daddy")

Last edited by Hesychios; 08-03-2019 at 04:23 PM..

Old 08-03-2019, 04:14 PM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Trump is so law abiding there are something like 15-20 ongoing investigations related to his finances and other matters. And, Trumpers and Trump himself decide whose "American" and who "isn't"?
Investigations do not make a conviction, duh. No, anyone who holds citizenship in our country is an American but some are not pro-America or law abiding so that makes them Americans on paper only.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:35 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Trump is so law abiding there are something like 15-20 ongoing investigations related to his finances and other matters. And, Trumpers and Trump himself decide whose "American" and who "isn't"?
Interesting site. Legal affairs of Donald Trump

17 pages long with 246 references.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:56 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I just saw this new commercial /southern border /it was great. They offered discount to those who can’t stand Mexico. Simple /give a DNA test n you get a discount flight. As they showed the % of how much Mexican they were. That Equaled to the discount of their flight. 54% had Mexican DNA - love it / wonder if they will now vote blue ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies