U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:21 AM

2,557 posts, read 1,139,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'll simply assume you don't live within 50 miles of a person of color, and rarely, if ever, speak with them. For people in similar circumstances they might not care being called "racist" either.
It sounds like you don't either. So who are you to talk?

Old Today, 08:24 AM

21,706 posts, read 14,443,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Assigning off-forum traits and habits to anonymous forum posters here is truly one of the most idiotic exercises in futility that I’ve ever seen. You have zero idea what anybody here is doing in the “real world”.

This post of yours is so stupid and juvenile in fact that you sir are heading right for my Ignore List, for such ignorance and silliness are truly bad for one’s health.
Lol.

Old Today, 08:26 AM

887 posts, read 941,864 times
Quote:
This post of yours is so stupid and juvenile in fact that you sir are heading right for my Ignore List, for such ignorance and silliness are truly bad for one’s health.

Could you possibly throw any less of a temper tantrum?

And most of all your posts are assigning traits to people that fit whatever narrow narrative your trying to portray.

Old Today, 08:28 AM

6,457 posts, read 3,566,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post

Could you possibly throw any less of a temper tantrum?
You call it a temper tantrum. I call it mitigating my exposure to idiocy. In any event, what’s it got to do with you? Unlike a progressive, I’m not trying to shut odanny up. I just don’t want to listen to him. Isn’t that the mature way to handle things like this?

Old Today, 08:28 AM

19,501 posts, read 12,340,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why do you attribute your own feelings and emotions to your entire party? Furthermore, what you might be saying is true on an internet discussion forum full of anonymous posters, but in the real world (far different than the online version) most of what you said about Republicans "not caring" is not true.*

Its clear the new far right pivot is to discredit the meaning of "racist" to the point it no longer matters if someone is racist.

*On this forum many far right Trump loyalists are far, far away from any minorities and love disparaging people of color in the "real world", that's a fact. I live around them in Trump country where I'm presently stuck living. Its probably even worse elsewhere. I'll simply assume you don't live within 50 miles of a person of color, and rarely, if ever, speak with them. For people in similar circumstances they might not care being called "racist" either.

I also think that the word "racist" is repeatedly abused and this will cause it to lose its true meaning. Guess what other word this happened to?

"Hero"
In fact, I do live around people "of color", but those people do not define their entire existence by their race, but more who they are as people. But who cares? What if I didn't? Why in the world would that matter if race is not an important issue? I really do not look at the area I live in as a cultural zoo, in which I need a vast collection of species to feel complete- that liberal notion is ridiculous.

Liberals have destroyed the meaning of the word "racist", not conservatives. It has been overused to the point that it no longer has meaning, nor does it carry the weight of condemnation and derision it once had. Now it is a label applied to every republican, regardless of what their views on race may be.

PC language is designed to induce fear and intimidation to discourage discussion about issues. It is not surprising that it was created by Stalin and further not surprising that it used by liberals, as they are Stalinists.

Your "spell" of labeling someone racist has lost all its power. When Trump is accused of being a "racist" the result has been that the libs look absurd and Trump gains popularity.

Old Today, 08:30 AM

2,557 posts, read 1,139,572 times
Quote:
Assigning off-forum traits and habits to anonymous forum posters here is truly one of the most idiotic exercises in futility that I’ve ever seen. You have zero idea what anybody here is doing in the “real world”.

This guy (or woman, or hermaphrodite, or whatever) doesn't live within 50 miles of non-white people either. He's working out his own issues here, no need to take him seriously.

Old Today, 08:34 AM

887 posts, read 941,864 times
Quote:
You call it a temper tantrum. I call it mitigating my exposure to idiocy. In any event, what’s it got to do with you? Unlike a progressive, I’m not trying to shut odanny up. I just don’t want to listen to him. Isn’t that the mature way to handle things like this?
Nope.

And again - most of all your posts are assigning traits to people that fit whatever narrow narrative you're trying to portray.

Old Today, 08:41 AM

19,501 posts, read 12,340,809 times
Quote:

Great! Odanny seems to think that there is a social requirement or provision in which everyone needs to live near a minority. Do blacks in Watts, Compton, Detroit, and Camden live around whites? Of course not.

Who cares who you live by, as long as they are nice people?

Again, I don't need my life to be an exotic "petting zoo" where I need to be around people of different color and culture. By chance, one of my three direct partners in my practice (with whom I work with everyday) is black and the other is Asian. However, no one gives a crap about that, as what is most important is clinical skill, knowledge, and compatibility. The racial composition was by chance, not design, as only an idiot would choose associates or friends by race.

Old Today, 08:46 AM

6,457 posts, read 3,566,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great!
Yea. I’m not hindering in any way a person's right to shout their ideology at the top of their lungs. I respect free speech.

I just don’t *have* to listen to it. But rather than shout another person down, I’m simply drowning them out with sweet, sweet silence instead.

Old Today, 08:51 AM
AFP

6,901 posts, read 4,275,529 times
It seems to me that more conservatives consider racism is a good thing. However some call it patriotism nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or