U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:52 AM

12,750 posts, read 4,308,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The word "racist" has become a curious study over the last twenty years. It's original meaning has been discarded and now has become, "anything that disagrees with far left political positions".

PC language was developed by the Stalin regime to weaponized language to induce fear and intimidation in the population in an effort to control them. It was not, nor has it ever been, a means to liberate or enlighten anyone. Those who have embraced it are continuing with the totalitarian tactic of using language as a means to suppress thought and dissention as a means of control.

Liberals, who believe in "the spell" of PC language think that there is nothing worse in the world than being called a "racist", while most conservatives do not believe in the power of that word anymore and really don't care. It is no wonder that liberals hurl this word "racist" as their biggest linguistic weapon when frightened or confused, as it a "spell" which wards off all evil and is a safe refuge for a liberal. When they have cast the spell, "racist", they are now safe from any harm or fear they might otherwise perceive to incur.

Conservatives do not care about the label "racist" as they have not been indoctrinated in the beliefs that give that word power. It is akin to a witch casting a spell when the rest of us, who don't believe in witchcraft, sit back in amusement and don't worry about it.
Because as a conservative it means nothing these days. "Racism" or "racist" is what the left calls you when they don't like what you're saying.

Old Today, 08:52 AM

19,504 posts, read 12,340,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Yea. I’m not hindering in any way a person's right to shout their ideology at the top of their lungs. I respect free speech.

I just don’t *have* to listen to it. But rather than shout another person down, I’m simply drowning them out with sweet, sweet silence instead.

I perfectly understand. On the other hand, I enjoy his posts, as I am not accustomed to hearing such lunacy among the people I associate with. It is very interesting, as I cannot imagine what created such a collection of beliefs. Most of the people I work with are well educated, rational professionals who do not harbor extreme notions. Thus, I am not exposed to some of the crazy things I hear on the news in my personal life.

Look at it as a colorful curiosity, somewhat like a freak show, and it is more interesting. It is like looking at a three headed goat or a talking dog. You don't have to give it credibility, but it is hard to turn your head away and not look, just out of curiosity.

It is a perfect example of the topic of the thread.

Old Today, 08:53 AM

6,458 posts, read 3,566,550 times
Quote:
I don't need my life to be an exotic "petting zoo" where I need to be around people of different color and culture. By chance, one of my three direct partners in my practice (with whom I work with everyday) is black and the other is Asian. However, no one gives a crap about that, as what is most important is clinical skill, knowledge, and compatibility. The racial composition was by chance, not design, as only an idiot would choose associates or friends by race.
Cultural diversity to your average millennial progressive means “I can eat sushi with chopsticks!” But hell no would you ever find these people residing off Grant St. in SF’s Chinatown. lol.

Old Today, 08:58 AM

21,706 posts, read 14,443,766 times
Quote:
I perfectly understand. On the other hand, I enjoy his posts, as I am not accustomed to hearing such lunacy among the people I associate with. It is very interesting, as I cannot imagine what created such a collection of beliefs. Most of the people I work with are well educated, rational professionals who do not harbor extreme notions. Thus, I am not exposed to some of the crazy things I hear on the news in my personal life.

Look at it as a colorful curiosity, somewhat like a freak show, and it is more interesting. It is like looking at a three headed goat or a talking dog. You don't have to give it credibility, but it is hard to turn your head away and not look, just out of curiosity.
Lol!

This coming from you is just the height of irony, but it's why I tune in.

Old Today, 08:58 AM

639 posts, read 111,704 times
People have the right to be racists. It's not illegal. People have the right to be not racists, but that's awful hard to do for just about everyone. I don't even consider calling someone a racist an insult. Some of the most intelligent, successful people in history were racists, although being a racist probably was not the reason for their successes. Ever heard the term "Proud Racist?" I have.

Old Today, 09:01 AM

1,497 posts, read 1,833,840 times
Stop obsessing about the "racist" label - focus instead on not acting racist.

Old Today, 09:17 AM

130 posts, read 15,351 times
Quote:
The word "racist" has become a curious study over the last twenty years. It's original meaning has been discarded and now has become, "anything that disagrees with far left political positions".

Conservatives do not care about the label "racist" as they have not been indoctrinated in the beliefs that give that word power. It is akin to a witch casting a spell when the rest of us, who don't believe in witchcraft, sit back in amusement and don't worry about it.

Conservatives know its just a catch all label the dumb left like to put on anything or anyone they disagree with when they are unable to engage in a proper debate, just call anyone with a different opinion racist!.

Old Today, 09:18 AM

7,868 posts, read 4,079,489 times
Most conservatives consider leftwingers calling them racist to be an insult and a lie.

We do understand that it is a political strategy, not sincere in most cases.

Democrats understand minorities are a big part of their base and most vote Democrat so calling Republicans t is about getting out the minority vote.

The Democrat party has always used race, they did it in the segregation era and they still do it, they only switched the races.

Old Today, 09:23 AM

7,039 posts, read 7,822,126 times
Quote:

PC language was developed by the Stalin regime to weaponized language to induce fear and intimidation in the population in an effort to control them. It was not, nor has it ever been, a means to liberate or enlighten anyone. Those who have embraced it are continuing with the totalitarian tactic of using language as a means to suppress thought and dissention as a means of control.

Liberals, who believe in "the spell" of PC language think that there is nothing worse in the world than being called a "racist", while most conservatives do not believe in the power of that word anymore and really don't care. It is no wonder that liberals hurl this word "racist" as their biggest linguistic weapon when frightened or confused, as it a "spell" which wards off all evil and is a safe refuge for a liberal. When they have cast the spell, "racist", they are now safe from any harm or fear they might otherwise perceive to incur.

Stalin did not develop PC language. The strategy of changing people's beliefs by changing the meaning and/or connotations of certain words has been around much longer. Karl Marx started the transformation of Russia by using this tactic before Stalin was even born. It's called general semantics, and it has never been used in a way that resulted in the betterment of society.

Old Today, 09:24 AM

17,263 posts, read 8,737,856 times
Because they’ve grown a callous, whereas lefty is soft in that region
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or