U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:25 AM

6,458 posts, read 3,566,550 times

Advertisements

George Orwell wrote that changing language will change thought.

He was one sage dude.

Old Today, 09:26 AM

11,884 posts, read 9,434,534 times
You guys really wake up and think of this nonsense and then actually type it out and post it?

Some thoughts should be ignored.

Old Today, 09:34 AM

7,869 posts, read 4,079,489 times
'You're racist!', the liberal explained.

Old Today, 09:35 AM

6,458 posts, read 3,566,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
You guys really wake up and think of this nonsense and then actually type it out and post it?

Some thoughts should be ignored.
Which you just demonstrated the opposite of, silly!

Old Today, 09:51 AM

63 posts, read 7,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The word "racist" has become a curious study over the last twenty years. It's original meaning has been discarded and now has become, "anything that disagrees with far left political positions".

PC language was developed by the Stalin regime to weaponized language to induce fear and intimidation in the population in an effort to control them. It was not, nor has it ever been, a means to liberate or enlighten anyone. Those who have embraced it are continuing with the totalitarian tactic of using language as a means to suppress thought and dissention as a means of control.

Liberals, who believe in "the spell" of PC language think that there is nothing worse in the world than being called a "racist", while most conservatives do not believe in the power of that word anymore and really don't care. It is no wonder that liberals hurl this word "racist" as their biggest linguistic weapon when frightened or confused, as it a "spell" which wards off all evil and is a safe refuge for a liberal. When they have cast the spell, "racist", they are now safe from any harm or fear they might otherwise perceive to incur.

Conservatives do not care about the label "racist" as they have not been indoctrinated in the beliefs that give that word power. It is akin to a witch casting a spell when the rest of us, who don't believe in witchcraft, sit back in amusement and don't worry about it.
I'm a liberal. Not all liberals call other people racist. The people that use the term racist a lot are those that tend to be part of the woke crowd. Folks that follow intersectionality and the religion of modern day Social Justice and feminists, who all realize that areas of the former British Empire colonial possessions (including the 13 Colonies) still reel with oppression.

What I came to realize is that in areas of the former British Empire, mainly white Anglo Saxon states such as Great Britain, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and lesser extent Ireland and South Africa. We are going to find out what are the problems and we are so many "WOKE" folks are angry and claiming everything racist, sexist, xenophobe, islamophobe, homophobe and etc. We are going to have to find a way to appease these woke SJW and intersectional types, but at the same time not fully cave into their demands. Racism is bad which I agree with, reparations and returning stolen land across all Anglo Saxon states will be a tough subject across all Anglo Realms.

As for this PC garbage. The woke left believes in free speech for themselves just like everyone else, but don't believe in free speech for the opposition like straight males, and white people. I tend to see woke folks as racist themselves but yet they don't see themselves as racist because they don't control the means of production, don't control institutions, and don't control sexuality.

One of the things I noticed about PC is within the black community. Rivalry between the conscious woke pro black and the black conservative. You can call black conservative a C$$N or the N word, those words will fall off of them, but when anyone use such words against a pro black, they will run to their white liberal allies to demand such person to use such words to be fired from their job, or expelled from a university, or evicted from a dwelling.

Old Today, 09:56 AM

4,003 posts, read 1,029,961 times
If you are for Family, a God of Love, and Country you are my brother and we will break bread
together regardless of skin color and methods of worships. We are arm in arm, in allegiance to
the stars and stripes.

As a conservative I have no problem calling you out if threatened.
Nuff said...............

Old Today, 10:03 AM

4,840 posts, read 953,015 times
Likewise, another word that has lost its meaning and is overused is "sexist".

Old Today, 10:07 AM

8,147 posts, read 2,364,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
*On this forum many far right Trump loyalists are far, far away from any minorities and love disparaging people of color in the "real world", that's a fact. I live around them in Trump country where I'm presently stuck living. Its probably even worse elsewhere. I'll simply assume you don't live within 50 miles of a person of color, and rarely, if ever, speak with them. For people in similar circumstances they might not care being called "racist" either.

I also think that the word "racist" is repeatedly abused and this will cause it to lose its true meaning. Guess what other word this happened to?

"Hero"
Yeah, I don't care what people call me. Hope someday you can reach that level of comfort and not spend your life stereotyping people.

Old Today, 10:24 AM

63 posts, read 7,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
White liberals see calling people racist as a way to make themselves feel better about living segregated lives. "Pubs" don't have these silly feelings of guilt about that. Do you really dispute that?
White liberals live in gated communities in urban areas and are separated from near by black communities with demarcation barriers like a highway which borders neighborhoods.

Old Today, 10:26 AM

2,557 posts, read 1,139,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
White liberals live in gated communities in urban areas and are separated from near by black communities with demarcation barriers like a highway which borders neighborhoods.
And that fact seems to torture them. Badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or