U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 10:31 AM
 
63 posts, read 7,050 times
Reputation: 34

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
And that fact seems to torture them. Badly.
Have you ever been to NYC? You see towers or condos just across from an expressway across the housing projects. The housing project is mainly African American, while opposite the expressway is a condo which is mainly white. The African American in such dwellings either work in service jobs, while the white folks work in managerial positions.

 
Old Today, 10:40 AM
 
2,557 posts, read 1,139,572 times
Reputation: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
Have you ever been to NYC? You see towers or condos just across from an expressway across the housing projects. The housing project is mainly African American, while opposite the expressway is a condo which is mainly white. The African American in such dwellings either work in service jobs, while the white folks work in managerial positions.
The vast majority of white people who live in "New York City" live in white suburbs in Long Island, New Jersey, and Westchester. And that includes the ultra "progressive."
 
Old Today, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
5,007 posts, read 3,712,721 times
Reputation: 4058
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The word "racist" has become a curious study over the last twenty years. It's original meaning has been discarded and now has become, "anything that disagrees with far left political positions".


PC language was developed by the Stalin regime to weaponized language to induce fear and intimidation in the population in an effort to control them. It was not, nor has it ever been, a means to liberate or enlighten anyone. Those who have embraced it are continuing with the totalitarian tactic of using language as a means to suppress thought and dissention as a means of control.


Liberals, who believe in "the spell" of PC language think that there is nothing worse in the world than being called a "racist", while most conservatives do not believe in the power of that word anymore and really don't care. It is no wonder that liberals hurl this word "racist" as their biggest linguistic weapon when frightened or confused, as it a "spell" which wards off all evil and is a safe refuge for a liberal. When they have cast the spell, "racist", they are now safe from any harm or fear they might otherwise perceive to incur.


Conservatives do not care about the label "racist" as they have not been indoctrinated in the beliefs that give that word power. It is akin to a witch casting a spell when the rest of us, who don't believe in witchcraft, sit back in amusement and don't worry about it.
Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones as the story goes...
 
Old Today, 11:19 AM
 
9,450 posts, read 4,327,597 times
Reputation: 11084
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The word "racist" has become a curious study over the last twenty years. It's original meaning has been discarded and now has become, "anything that disagrees with far left political positions".


PC language was developed by the Stalin regime to weaponized language to induce fear and intimidation in the population in an effort to control them. It was not, nor has it ever been, a means to liberate or enlighten anyone. Those who have embraced it are continuing with the totalitarian tactic of using language as a means to suppress thought and dissention as a means of control.


Liberals, who believe in "the spell" of PC language think that there is nothing worse in the world than being called a "racist", while most conservatives do not believe in the power of that word anymore and really don't care. It is no wonder that liberals hurl this word "racist" as their biggest linguistic weapon when frightened or confused, as it a "spell" which wards off all evil and is a safe refuge for a liberal. When they have cast the spell, "racist", they are now safe from any harm or fear they might otherwise perceive to incur.


Conservatives do not care about the label "racist" as they have not been indoctrinated in the beliefs that give that word power. It is akin to a witch casting a spell when the rest of us, who don't believe in witchcraft, sit back in amusement and don't worry about it.
Well stated.

Needless to say many words/terms had genuine meaning and were also nuanced, not nuclear. For example being biased, prejudiced, etc. all could apply to some people who are not "racist", yet exhibit those beliefs toward certain ethnic groups, races, religion, etc.
Thus one can be biased without being racist. People can even be prejudice without it rising to the level of racism.
Yet to many liberals and/or leftists, those words don't carry the same weight and connotation as the "R" word.
So instead of using a fly swatter or insecticide, they want to shoot the insect with a cannon.

Now however the use of the term has been distorted as you say, where anything that does not comport with leftist ideology can be labeled racist. Even people without a political/ideological intention use the word where it has no meaning.
For example a pitbull apologist was saying that people who opposed that breed of dog were "racists".

As Bill Maher recently said "when everything is Armageddon, nothing is Armageddon".
He was being critical on Nancy Pelosi because every few weeks she claimed that what Trump was doing on a specific issue would lead to Armageddon.

If someone has a bias or a preconceived notion, it does not make them racist. yet with the racist accusation, it enables people to try and justify greater public scorn and retribution against them.
If a person thinks Guatemalans are a backwards people (compared with other Latin people from Central/South America), it does not make them racist against all brown people. In fact it does not even make them racist against Guatemalans.
It just means that maybe stories they read about American tourists being killed in Guatemala (because some Guatemalans thought they were there to steal their children's organs) was ignorant and crazy behavior.

Another great example of how fearful liberals are to even be thought of as racist, was when uber liberal actor Ed Asnor was asked why he and other Hollywood liberals were not more critical of Obama mistakes.
He candidly said it was because they did not want to be thought of as racist.
That alone explains why even a legitimate critique of someone having nothing to do with their color, religion or gender has created fear of treating them the way they would toward someone that looks like them.
So it stands to reason any critique of a woman now is assumed to be sexism. Any critique of a minority is racism. Any critique of a Jew is anti-Semitic, etc., etc., etc.
Our society has not always been infected with PC, and we need to stop this nonsense sooner than later.

It is pretty difficult to solve complex problems when you have to walk on eggs and must worry about who you can and cannot level criticism toward.


`
 
Old Today, 11:40 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,404 posts, read 3,016,140 times
Reputation: 3122
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why do you attribute your own feelings and emotions to your entire party? Furthermore, what you might be saying is true on an internet discussion forum full of anonymous posters, but in the real world (far different than the online version) most of what you said about Republicans "not caring" is not true.*

Its clear the new far right pivot is to discredit the meaning of "racist" to the point it no longer matters if someone is racist.

*On this forum many far right Trump loyalists are far, far away from any minorities and love disparaging people of color in the "real world", that's a fact. I live around them in Trump country where I'm presently stuck living. Its probably even worse elsewhere. I'll simply assume you don't live within 50 miles of a person of color, and rarely, if ever, speak with them. For people in similar circumstances they might not care being called "racist" either.

I also think that the word "racist" is repeatedly abused and this will cause it to lose its true meaning. Guess what other word this happened to?

"Hero"
Just as it's clear the new far left pivot is to claim everything is somehow racist. Just so we're clear here that both sides, on the fringe, are patently ridiculous.
 
Old Today, 11:41 AM
 
63 posts, read 7,050 times
Reputation: 34
Not for nothing. The term racist has been overused in this past decade due to Social Justice and woke types, that even Trump uses the term back at his opponents. The term racist is so overused that I fear that the word may have lost its meaning. Other than that. I guess everything is racist these days.
 
Old Today, 11:42 AM
 
63 posts, read 7,050 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Just as it's clear the new far left pivot is to claim everything is somehow racist. Just so we're clear here that both sides, on the fringe, are patently ridiculous.
Both sides also use the term "racist loosely. The far left uses the term far more than the far right, but both sides use it.
 
Old Today, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,706 posts, read 14,443,766 times
Reputation: 14891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Just as it's clear the new far left pivot is to claim everything is somehow racist. Just so we're clear here that both sides, on the fringe, are patently ridiculous.
Actually. I agree. You're correct.
 
Old Today, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Denver CO
21,274 posts, read 11,911,191 times
Reputation: 32362
Liberals aren't terrified but they actually try to NOT BE racist, while conservatives appear to revel in it, following the lead of their president. It's beyond me why anyone thinks this is a good thing of course
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top