U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-03-2019, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,783 posts, read 11,291,257 times
Reputation: 37955

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
What's with all of these threads all of a sudden talking about how badly the Democrats are going to lose next November? You guys are sounding a little worried.

The mid terms were a shock to Trump and his flock. They had their tails handed to them bigly, and that was just a sign of things to come. Trump has tarnished the GOP to the point that they are losing seats in every State and district.

2020 is going to be very interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2019, 05:40 PM
 
3,631 posts, read 713,097 times
Reputation: 2571
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The mid terms were a shock to Trump and his flock. They had their tails handed to them bigly, and that was just a sign of things to come. Trump has tarnished the GOP to the point that they are losing seats in every State and district.

2020 is going to be very interesting.
The 2010 midterms were a shock to Obama and his flock. They had their tails handed to them bigly.

And then Obama won two years later. (Get my point?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 05:52 PM
 
10,112 posts, read 12,014,305 times
Reputation: 6522
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Donald Trump is, without a doubt, the laziest, most clueless person to ever occupy that office. He makes Jimmy Carter look like a ball of fire ! If he ever put in a full day of MEANINGFUL work, I would choke. He spends his entire time tweeting or going to his ego building rallies so that he doesn't need to actually roll up his sleeves and help solve any of the many pressing issues he could be addressing.

If this man worked for any company, as an employee, he would have been handed his walking papers long ago. This is the only job where a person has the ability to do nothing and still keep their job.
America LOVES Trump! I know Dem's are very nervous that he will WIN in 2020 I think Dem's need to invest in more adult diapers and soft pastel colored pliable pacifiers for their great LOSS again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
3,925 posts, read 3,060,274 times
Reputation: 2598
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
MLK was a Republican for a reason. He was not about a handout. It was all about the hand up. The unlimited liberty to choose for yourself.



MLK was not a member of either party D or R and never endorsed any candidates.



"King talked very infrequently about his personal politics and was not formally affiliated with either political party. Nor did he explicitly endorse any candidate. In fact, he stated, I dont think the Republican Party is a party full of the almighty God, nor is the Democratic Party. They both have weaknesses"


https://www.britannica.com/story/was...-or-a-democrat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 06:18 PM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
7,493 posts, read 3,088,382 times
Reputation: 6333
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So what exactly has Trump done that is so great for the working class of America?

No health care, no minimum wage increases, no strengthening of the labor union movement, no push to get big money out of politics, more weakening of labor rights like overtime protection, labor rights still one of the worst in the world with no guaranteed paid vacation or sick leave, no reduction in drug prices, no strengthening of social security or medicare, no improvement of disability insurance.

I dont get it. The guy has simply transferred more money and power into the hands of the already well off.
All things I wanted him to prevent. He sent me my big bag of money last week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 06:32 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,798 posts, read 34,020,841 times
Reputation: 14347
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
MLK was not a member of either party D or R and never endorsed any candidates.



"King talked very infrequently about his personal politics and was not formally affiliated with either political party. Nor did he explicitly endorse any candidate. In fact, he stated, I dont think the Republican Party is a party full of the almighty God, nor is the Democratic Party. They both have weaknesses"


https://www.britannica.com/story/was...-or-a-democrat



All people are flawed. That is why Christ died for your sins.
There was only one perfect person full of the almighty GOD. MLK knew full well of that as a preacher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
30,568 posts, read 20,192,779 times
Reputation: 8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So what exactly has Trump done that is so great for the working class of America?

No health care, no minimum wage increases, no strengthening of the labor union movement, no push to get big money out of politics, more weakening of labor rights like overtime protection, labor rights still one of the worst in the world with no guaranteed paid vacation or sick leave, no reduction in drug prices, no strengthening of social security or medicare, no improvement of disability insurance.

I dont get it. The guy has simply transferred more money and power into the hands of the already well off.
If you are hoping for an increase in the minimum wage so that you can get a raise, good chance you'll be fired when the increase goes into effect.

I have a marketable skill, so I care less what the minimum wage is and I get great health insurance as a fringe benefit from my employer.

See how easy that problem is to fix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Online
469 posts, read 180,881 times
Reputation: 438
Yep, Dems are certainly set for another loss if they just sit out the polls. All this talk and being a keyboard warrior amounts to nothing if one doesn't go vote.

It doesn't matter if you vote Dem or Rep or Ind as long as you cast your vote. That is exercising democracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Online
469 posts, read 180,881 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The 2010 midterms were a shock to Obama and his flock. They had their tails handed to them bigly.

And then Obama won two years later. (Get my point?)
This is the gist of it. We need to make sure this history does not repeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2019, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
3,925 posts, read 3,060,274 times
Reputation: 2598
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
All people are flawed. That is why Christ died for your sins.
There was only one perfect person full of the almighty GOD. MLK knew full well of that as a preacher.

What the hell are you talking about ? You wrote MLK was a Republican, I wrote he wasn't a member of either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top