U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:51 AM

9,183 posts, read 2,826,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
I'm still waiting for my property to become ocean front. But since all the marinas I've worked out of up and down the coast for the past 30 years still have a mean high tide at the same level on the piers and pilings my house will never be ocean front.
Many areas in the world are experiencing sea level rise. The data is there. That's why even conservative governments like FL are now taking steps to combat it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:52 AM

29,926 posts, read 16,541,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Many areas in the world are experiencing sea level rise. Maybe not your little piece of it.
Thank you for contributing w/your expertise

Old Today, 09:53 AM

9,183 posts, read 2,826,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Thank you for contributing w/your expertise
I'm not offering my expertise as I don't have any. I'm referring you to the science that is prolific out there if you'd care to look at it.

Old Today, 09:53 AM

63 posts, read 7,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
This appears to be the new tactic for the serious warming long range crowd......bring up a bunch of kids who are terrified all the ice is melting. And it's already started.......there was some 4th grader on TV the other night crying her eyes out in terror the ocean is rising and we're all doomed. Sounds like the future brown shirt brigade to me, all too happy to turn in the deniers for a lollipop.........this is the most disturbing thing on the horizon so far on the climate hoax...........
Climate change is a very troubling issue, and its a problem that we will have to face. Climate change is a real issue and it should not be ignored regardless of ones moral position. Problem with Climate Change debate is that the issue my be hijacked by social justice activism. Yet don't the SJW know that using such devices like apple products area real hazard to the environment.

Old Today, 09:58 AM

4,329 posts, read 1,603,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Kids need science facts, not fossil fuel propaganda from lobbyists and politicians.

I'm no kid, but I get plenty of science facts from my father, who is a retired engineer and who still reads and studies scientific subjects. He'll give you a very detailed scientific explanation about what is going on, what has gone on, and what WILL happen if we don't start changing course right now on this matter. Don't get him started on fracking either; he says they should require the people managing those fracking projects to drink the water that they use to prove it is safe (and of course, it is NOT safe, which is his entire point).

Old Today, 10:00 AM

984 posts, read 213,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
Climate change is a very troubling issue, and its a problem that we will have to face. Climate change is a real issue and it should not be ignored regardless of ones moral position. Problem with Climate Change debate is that the issue my be hijacked by social justice activism. Yet don't the SJW know that using such devices like apple products area real hazard to the environment.
The science has been hijacked by politics and being manipulated by both sides to further their goals.
And not all of their goals are altruistic; many of them will serve to further line their pockets with money.

Old Today, 10:01 AM

63 posts, read 7,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The science has been hijacked by politics and being manipulated by both sides to further their goals.
And not all of their goals are altruistic; many of them will server to further line their pockets with money.
Not so fast. The get woke types will go broke fast enough when they take over climate change orgnizations, NGOS, and even non profits.

Old Today, 10:06 AM

4,838 posts, read 953,015 times
Climate change has both forms that are natural and forms that are man-made. To what degree man-made climate change happens I don't know.

Old Today, 10:07 AM

5,180 posts, read 2,631,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It's always something. When I was in elementary school it was the starving kids over in Africa.
They weren't into climate change then.
When my son was in elementary school (90's) the planet was going to run out of clean water because we were gluttons of waste.
You are using the Y2K fallacy without realizing it.

Think of it this way. Suppose an engineer finds that without doing something, the next storm will flood the town. So, the town builds a dam and disaster is averted. But after the next big storm, people like you would come out and say hey the town didn't get flooded we didn't need to build that dam at all. What a waste of money.

I name it the Y2K fallacy because after the year 2000 hit without a problem, people started saying what a load of crap regarding the Y2K bug, completely ignoring the millions of dollars and countless man hours the industries put in to ensure that nothing happened when the year 2000 came.

Before I became an investor, I was a civil engineer. Part of my job was to evaluate bridges around the country to catch and repair any bridge that needed repairs. Since there hasn't been a bridge collapsing recently, are you going to argue that we don't need civil engineers looking at bridges?

Old Today, 10:11 AM

4,278 posts, read 2,631,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Govt schools, give govt quality education. They are child abuse
Our friends have their kids in a private school and they are being taught climate science there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies